"Im surprised he took that fight." - Sean Omalley

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
During his podcast he talked about how he was impressed by Dustin Poirier's performance vs Saint-Denis who he described as extremely dangerous

But in the same breath he said he was shocked Dustin took the fight.

Was it innocuous or did he just admit he himself will
duck when necessary?

He did stumble a little but realized he was past the point of no return lol

Last edited:
During his podcast he talked about how he was impressed by Dustin Poirier's performance vs Saint-Denis who the ladder he coined as extremely dangerous

duck when necessary?

Bruh, the mere act of not taking a fight or saying someone could/should/would not take a fight does not immediately imply ducking.

And for this situation specifically of O'Malley commenting on Poirier, Poirier is clearly in a different stage of his career than O'Malley. His comment was directed at Poirier within the context of Poirier's career and also within the context that Poirier wasn't fighting anybody unless it was a big/established name for the longest time.

But these negative minded SDers are always looking for ways to possibly shit on a fighter, so I'm not surprised this thread was made.

During his podcast he talked about how he was impressed by Dustin Poirier's performance vs Saint-Denis who the ladder he coined as extremely dangerous

duck when necessary?

Buddeh..

He ducked on his very first defence. What are you talking about?

1711530660658.gif

Buddeh..

He ducked on his very first defence.

Except he is now fighting the guy. Dude made a business decision by taking the most lucrative fight in the division first and then the tougher fights. It's a career for them to make money, not a noble quest to please all the fans while sacrificing their health and earning potential.

Except he is now fighting the guy. Dude made a business decision by taking the most lucrative fight in the division first and then the tougher fights. It's a career for them to make money, not a noble quest to please all the fans while sacrificing their health.
You didn’t need to use that many words to say O’Malley ducked, alright.

Not accepting a fight doesn't necessarily equate to "ducking." Too many people don't seem to understand the difference. If Dustin turned down the lowly ranked BSD, that wouldn't be ducking; it would have been completely reasonable. I'm glad he accepted, though.

Not accepting a fight doesn't necessarily equate to "ducking." Too many people don't seem to understand the difference. If Dustin turned down the lowly ranked BSD, that wouldn't be ducking; it would have been completely reasonable. I'm glad he accepted, though.
I believe I used it correctly buddeh

Avoiding an intimidating opponent is ducking in the truest sense od the word imho

No offense taken I just meant that Omalley is impressed by Saint Denis and thinks hes very dangerous. Wonders ehy Dusin
took the fight
I think @Leinster Rugby was getting confused by your original post as you misspelt "latter" as "ladder", and the "coining performance" part was confusing.
Fair play to you and @Leinster Rugby , wholesome interaction there between both. I initially thought one of you would be sarcastic about it.

What if he didn't consider someone intimidating and did not fight them?
I just thought it was amusing when he stumbled saying all of that.

A lot of his shtick and narcisssm has reached obnoxious levels

I wouldnt mind Omalley ve Jake Paul in MMA right now. It fits

Csn we possibly get past my grammar?

Last edited:
Poirier himself talk a lot about why he took this fight and said he didn't have to...a big name in the top 5 fighting a guy outside the top 10 and who isn't a big name yet isn't surprising, hence o'malley, and a lot of people, surprise
but, hey, anything is a good opportunity to shit on o'malley right?

duck when necessary?

Man, Sean has never minced words or pretend to be tougher than he is. That's why I like him. He's saying that it woulldnt be worth taking a fight against a lower ranked guy who is that dangerous and you can't really argue w that logic.

It's not cowardice, it's handling your career the right way. If you just do whatever UFC says... I mean they don't always have your best interests at heart.

Back