IMHO when Tony shook his head like that it meant he was done

I mean he was basically saying no no and kinda running away. He was shocked and felt he was completely done, or else why would you behave like that? that was basically a complete body language for "no, want no more of this".
Don't get me wrong, he's a warrior and almost died in there but he had no more fight in him when the fight was stopped

I don't think so...he got his bell rung really good and was just trying to shake it off.

Tony is never 'done', in his own mind...but in reality he was indeed done and the stoppage was absolutely warranted.

Yeah it's crazy that he complained afterwards, like wtf!

I think that was the shot that broke his orbital (or cracked it further) and it was a delayed reaction to pain. He was trying to shake it out.

It was like banner wanted hulk to come out and hulk said no like a coward

Why did you have to type out that it is your "honest" opinion? Think people would question whether your opinion of when Tony was done was sincere? If so, why would we trust you just cause you say its your honest opinion? Dishonest people lie all the time

I mean he was basically saying no no and kinda running away. He was shocked and felt he was completely done, or else why would you behave like that? that was basically a complete body language for "no, want no more of this".
Don't get me wrong, he's a warrior and almost died in there but he had no more fight in him when the fight was stopped
Yeah, it was very similar to Rory at the end of the Robbie fight. They were both in shock. Rory took that punch right on his wrangled nose and it exploded, and Ferguson took that jab flush on his eviscerated cheek under his eye.

Looked to me that he was so rocked that he tried to shake it off and wake up from it, so to speak. Not really that he meant to say no more.
This; Ferguson did it earlier when he got wobbly legs, he tried to play it off by jumping around.

Who in the UFC could take a beating like that? His body failed him. Doctor didn't do his job. Fight needed to be stopped end of the 4th.

It's crazy to see how Gaethje breaks people. He did it to Michael Johnson. He almost did it to Eddie Alvarez, who's one of the toughest men on the roster, and now he's done it to Tony Ferguson, another professional tough guy.

And then he KO's others who have much more credentialed striking and movement (Barboza, Cerrone), so he's obviously not someone to trade punches or kicks with. Unless you can out-grind him or beat him with crisp boxing, it's a long night.

Nah he's broken in fights man.. Eddie and Dustin weathered that storm and put him away..

I really don't think he knew what he was doing at that point. It was the autopilot mode of a machine that was breaking down.

He absolutely quit. Shook his head, dropped his hands and ran away. Not criticising him, but he'd clearly had enough.

That was not a case of him quitting.

He was shaking off the cobwebs (caused by Justin) there and was still trying to fight (barely) when the ref WISELY called the fight.

He was not doing this :

You can tell that Leonard was frustrating Duran in this fight, especially in the seventh round, as he was taunting him while landed at will. Then in the closing seconds of the eighth round, Durán turned his back to Leonard and quit, waving his glove and saying to referee Octavio Meyran, “No más” (“No more” in Spanish). Leonard was then crowned the winner by a technical knockout (TKO) at 2:44 of round 8, regaining the WBC Welterweight Championship

https://bigfightweekend.com/history/no-mas-leonard-duran-ii-in-new-orleans/

Tony sure as hell was NOT turning his back on Justin nor was he turning to Herb Dean and saying "I quit" or "I'm done".

So no, TBN.

Tony did NOT quit.

He lost via TKO.

That's what happened.

Back