IMHO when Tony shook his head like that it meant he was done

SickPersonalDormouse-size_restricted.gif

Look at his right hand after the jab.
It's like he is trying to grab/swat some invisible flies. He was completely done at this stage.

Great stoppage by Herb.
Amazing chin and heart but Gathje was on point tonight.

Just look at Tony's body language, he was done he was with is face completely busted probably he was shaking is head to get some balance and was probably with blury vision, but if you see after the first jab Tony wabbled and is movement was the one of an old man, afterwards he turned his back to Justin hands down running and he gets hit with the second jab, he wanted no more bussines inside the Cage.

in b4 tony's washed up and done & dusted over the span of 24 hours or less

He lost his legs on that last big strike, normal man would have fallen to the ground. He knew he was in danger, shit happens

Also who knows what that beating does to Tony in the long run...

And it's not like Tony has been unhittable before last night. He's taken a lot of shots prior to that beating.

Herb Dean proved he's the best referee working today with this fight and stoppage

That was a brutal beatdown. Absolute horror show - could have been stopped at any point in the later rounds.

It was like when Lawler broke Rorys nose. Tony got hit in the nose hard on that last punch and kinda did a little seizure. CTE tonight for sure
Rory was never the same after that fight

It looked scary like it was a sign of brain damage and his head twitching. I think if he carries on fighting he'll take beating after beating, shame.

Herb Dean proved he's the best referee working today with this fight and stoppage

In October 2018 he allowed the house fighter to get away with 14+ fouls and made shitty excuses as to why he didn't deduct any points. So yeh no.

Tony quit? That guy took three fights worth of an ass whooping.

Herb should've stopped it earlier. That was a fucking beat down that took years off of his career.

I don't think Tony quit
Up until the end he was still throwing decent volume and landing, still engaging and trying to win and if Herb didn't step in he probably would've kept fighting

He definitely got hurt in that exchange but Tony does weird shit like that after he gets tagged, something happened against Pettis - he just tries to get the fuck outta there

Tony could have died from those shots really - all the mumbo jumbo hype ect - but that those were life ending shots.

He was hurt and foggy, and was just trying to shake off the cobwebs to get himself refocused and back in.
lol His body wasn't literally shaking his head 'no' at him to stop.

I mean he was basically saying no no and kinda running away. He was shocked and felt he was completely done, or else why would you behave like that? that was basically a complete body language for "no, want no more of this".
Don't get me wrong, he's a warrior and almost died in there but he had no more fight in him when the fight was stopped

possibly but I think that last shot broke his nose so might have just been trying to clear his head

You got it wrong. The voices in his head were telling him to stop fighting and he shook his head no to tell them he won't quit.

I mean, anyone who complains about that stoppage, really doesn't care about fighter safety at all. Tony was taking uncontested bricks to the face. Case of Herb Dead saving Tony from himself. He took the type of beating that shortens careers.

Spoken like someone who has never taken a punch. He was trying to clear his head.

Back