In hindsight, 251 was underwhelming

Often the most anticipated cards end up underwhelming and the slept on cards end up amazing. MMA is a mysterious beast sherbros.

This Wednesday card will end up being card of the year lol

There were like only 3 or 4 finishes

Expected better tbh

The card was over 3 hours long, the longest in UFC history if I remember right. I'd give it a 6/10 overall. A couple of good fights and a few exciting moments.

Not a particularly good card. Wasn’t terrible though

What are you talking about? I never forgot about that fight, it was the most memorable fight of the night. It was basically championship material fight, two warriors giving their all. Wish I saw that in the main event fight.

I don't think there was a single thread about that fight. Nobody gave a shit once it was over, except for a few weirdos. It was also a split decision that could have gone either way, but no one cared enough to call it a robbery or make threads about it, it was that forgettable.

It was an okay fight overall, but definitely not FOTN worthy.

I was geeked for the card as I am with any big upcoming card but idk, it fell kind of flat.

Maybe because my boy Aldo got molly whopped or that Usman didn't really make the statement he was supposed to make,considering how big of an opportunity this was to make a huge name out of himself. Volk I also thought was gonna make somewhat of a statement and that outcome disappointed me as well .

Looking back, Jiri and Ribas had the best nights out of anybody on that card.

Discuss
I thought it was overwhelming, in retrospect.

I don't think there was a single thread about that fight. Nobody gave a shit once it was over, except for a few weirdos. It was also a split decision that could have gone either way, but no one cared enough to call it a robbery or make threads about it, it was that forgettable.

It was an okay fight overall, but definitely not FOTN worthy.

Which fight deserved FOTN?

Yan/Aldo and Namajunas/Andrade both excellent fights. There have been worse cards but it certainly sucks when the main event is a dud

I was geeked for the card as I am with any big upcoming card but idk, it fell kind of flat.

Maybe because my boy Aldo got molly whopped or that Usman didn't really make the statement he was supposed to make,considering how big of an opportunity this was to make a huge name out of himself. Volk I also thought was gonna make somewhat of a statement and that outcome disappointed me as well .

Discuss
That Dan guy had a good KO too over that Day guy.

Card was as expected. I don’t get the hate for Aldo/Yan on here tho. It set a record for significant strikes. What else do you need?

I thought Yan/Aldo, Holloway/Volkanovski were both pretty good fights. I’m not sure how you can say Ribas and Jiri has bigger nights than Yan. He beat a legend in a great exciting fight and captured UFC gold for the first time. Andrade/Rose wasn’t bad either. Everyone knew PVZ would get smoked and the main event, with all the hype and as excited as everyone was for it (including myself) always had the potential to end up being pretty boring and lackluster if you were familiar with the skill sets of both fighters. In a way, that’s the beauty of MMA, you never know what is going to happen. Some cards meet expectations, some blow them out of the water, and sometimes even the most hyped cards don’t ever live up to it. You never know. For instance this random low-key Wednesday night card tomorrow night that will draw little views from the “casual” fanbase has all the potential to be a barn burner.

Martin Day vs Davie Grant was the 1st and best fight all night IMO

Jiri sucks, I would put him against the other clown, Walker. Would be a nice slugfest with many flashdowns / knockdowns.

Hope this fight happens and be a double stiff KO.

Great card imo... I just hate when a big card is over. The next few days I'm actually kind of bummed out.....

Discuss

You are just disappointed by Aldo bro

Back