Increased police presence in schools bad for blacks?

Administrators will handle administrative issues, and the police officers will handle legal issues. If you do not break the law when you are in school then you will be just fine.

That story should be offensive to any black person reading it.

Why not just arm all the blacks. All these shooters are white so they won't go anywhere near them

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-cops-schools-means-more-171928942.html

We should not have more police in schools because criminals in schools will get arrested!
More cops isn't necessarily good or bad. And people are right to be concerned about the higher incidence of students being abused by cops.

More cops means more enforcement, which is good but it also means more chance of innocent kids getting harassed and the chance of punishments exceeding what is reasonable also increases. More Black kids being arrested doesn't necessarily mean they commit more offenses, it could also mean they get picked on more by officials.

This is one of those situations that is neither right nor wrong.

It will be bad for black people that want to break the law.

That story should be offensive to any black person reading it.

Removing the problem kids lets the good kids excel much faster, i.mo. That's any school really. I've spent plenty of time in inner city schools for calls from shootings to old fashioned fights.

More cops isn't necessarily good or bad. And people are right to be concerned about the higher incidence of students being abused by cops.

More cops means more enforcement, which is good but it also means more chance of innocent kids getting harassed and the chance of punishments exceeding what is reasonable also increases. More Black kids being arrested doesn't necessarily mean they commit more offenses, it could also mean they get picked on more by officials.

Well the articles says that blacks who act out will get punished if there are police in the schools. I don’t see how that is a bad thing. If any child is acting out or doing illegal things they should get punished. Are the police supposed to turn a blind eye to a child commiting a criminal offense because they are black?

Don't you think "harassed" is a bit subjective though ? In today's political and social climate an officer stands to gain nothing for "harassment" except a severance package or other negative outcome.

I had a repeat drug offender; locked up for distribution, accuse me and my partner of harassing her. Yea...it wasn't the repeat drug offenses and selling heroin near a school.

Schools in the ghetto usually already have cops anyway, they have no choice the kids are out of control and fight constantly. Black cops usually BTW.

Toronto recently made the decision to remove police from high schools because the students felt threatened.

Waiting to see the stats on how much crime rates increase.

Schools in the ghetto usually already have cops anyway, they have no choice the kids are out of control and fight constantly. Black cops usually BTW.
Aye. Theres a reason you dont see mass shootings in more urban schools.

Toronto recently made the decision to remove police from high schools because the students felt threatened.

Waiting to see the stats on how much crime rates increase.

At some point we have to roll our collective eyes and say "shut the fuck up." Christ... The pussification of the world continues.

Aye. Theres a reason you dont see mass shootings in more urban schools.

You do see a different dynamic. Not exactly sure why. A routine call at an inner city school is something like - large fight (I've seen hundreds of students going at it to varying degrees) shots fired, guns (not exclusive to inner city schools, of course) drugs (weed, crack, heroin)

Here in Toronto there was a program with the police department in conjunction with the school board that put police officers permanently in certain high schools across the city (on a rotating basis). It was done in response to some rising violence in schools (including a high profile shooting where a 15 year old was shot dead) and also to build trust and goodwill between the police and the community. I know at my son's school it was a pretty nice officer, a Sikh guy with a turban, and he actually coached the soccer team.

Well BLM-TO and other professional activists got involved, and agitated against it. They said that it was racist, that it was triggering to "racialized" students and that it was a firm of surveillance. They ended the program last year. I'm not the biggest fan of the Toronto Police Services but I thought that the whole activism against it was bullshit. A big part of their MO is to make sure that the police never make inroads and build trust with communities - another example would be their successful campaign to ban uniformed police from the Pride parade.

most of them are lol, which is why most people don't know what to do about it

Mass shooters between 1982 and 2018 by race.

Whites are slightly underrepresented among mass shooters.

Of course you said mass shooters at schools, which is different than just mass shooters in general.

Still, a lot of Asians, Native Americans, Hispanics, and Blacks shoot up schools.

Remember this guy? You should.

gal-chogunman-8-jpg.jpg

But you probably never heard of this guy, Jaylen Fryberg, a proud Native American who shot up his fellow students in Washington State. That's because he only killed four people.

jaylen-fryberg.jpg

How about Alvaro Castillo? Have you heard of him? Probably not. He only managed to kill his father before heading to his school to kill others, but his gun jammed and he was only able to wound two people.

060830_castillo_vsmall_8p.grid-4x2-1.jpg

How about this guy? Peter Odighizuwa? Have you heard of him?

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:825996a5e96c41a5ac932eee0fd951f5-6Poun47hp-HSK1-194_634x740.jpg

He killed three and wounded three at his college. A Nigerian immigrant trying to do a job that we already have too many Americans willing to do.

So you're wrong. Again. Try not to make it a habit.

Back