Insane Proof Brock Lesnar was the most athletic fighter of all time (GIF)

Ken shamrock said the pro wrestlers did not give two shits that he could fight. Only concerned if he can work a match. At least that's how it was in chris and Ken's era.

If you were a great worker and fighter,you got respect. Bill was never one of the boys.

How was Ken as a wrestler? I can't recall? I remember they used to have him ref matches like Austin/Bret..

I go to "local circuits" all the time, American style pro wrestling and Lucha Libre(APW, PWR, NJPW, PWA, EBPW all in the past year) and I ain't never seen anyone Brock's size do that move
So instead of you constantly being vague, let's see a direct example of this
Name one guy Brock's size that can do it
Dude is either trolling or tweaking. Anyone who understands the mechanics of a wrestling ring knows the turnbuckle nor the mat work anything like trampolines. The turnbuckle might actually kill upward momentum if anything.

How was Ken as a wrestler? I can't recall? I remember they used to have him ref matches like Austin/Bret..
He was very good. Jim ross said he could have been up there w austin and rock if he took it more seriously. He said he was very believable and his intensity got him over huge

Dude is either trolling or tweaking. Anyone who understands the mechanics of a wrestling ring knows the turnbuckle nor the mat work anything like trampolines. The turnbuckle might actually kill upward momentum if anything.
Nah, neither trollin, nor tweakin. Turnbuckle's provide a lot of elasticity. 400+ pounds Vader did flips off of them quite easily. What Brock does impress with is the distance he gained with his flip.

Goldberg and lesnar aint got nothin on hogan in montreal

Steve Austin's pop he received when he came out to help Mick Foley win his first world title on Monday Night Raw on Jan 4 1999 was one of the loudest I've ever heard. That also was the night on WCW Nitro where Hogan won the WCW Heavyweight title from Kevin Nash due to the now infamous finger poke of doom. Also Tony Schiavone famously announced on Nitro "Fans, as Hollywood Hogan walks away and you look at this 40,000 plus on hand, if you're even thinking about changing the channel to our competition, fans, do not, because we understand that Mick Foley, who wrestled here one time as Cactus Jack, is going to win their world title. Ha! That's gonna put some butts in the seats, heh".

Ken actually was a pro wrestler before he ever was in MMA. He went to Japan where they began experimenting with worked shoots "predetermined matches that look like real fights", then some decided to do what amounted to Eddie Bravo's combat jiu jitsu with kicks and rope breaks.

Ken happened to be on those cards and enjoyed the style. The Japanese all had pretty close lineage to the old catch as catch can wrestlers, they developed what's called shoot wrestling and Ken learned from them.

This is all before the UFC, which is why Ken was invited to UFC 1.
67095f6a935fe2a0b4495f02e08d719f.jpg

Nah, neither trollin, nor tweakin. Turnbuckle's provide a lot of elasticity. 400+ pounds Vader did flips off of them quite easily. What Brock does impress with is the distance he gained with his flip.
What's your experience? Do you have a source for this information?

Ken actually was a pro wrestler before he ever was in MMA. He went to Japan where they began experimenting with worked shoots "predetermined matches that look like real fights", then some decided to do what amounted to Eddie Bravo's combat jiu jitsu with kicks and rope breaks.

Ken happened to be on those cards and enjoyed the style. The Japanese all had pretty close lineage to the old catch as catch can wrestlers, they developed what's called shoot wrestling and Ken learned from them.

This is all before the UFC, which is why Ken was invited to UFC 1.
67095f6a935fe2a0b4495f02e08d719f.jpg

Nice.. Good Info Man..

giphy.gif

Notice how little the ropes bounce in these gifs. A spring like affect would see them move up and down after he is in the air.
xXj1Ftm.gif

7G9tsBK.gif

I have plenty of sources and experience. But besides that, one doesn't need rocket science to understand the elastic giving of the turnbuckles.
What experience? Post the sources.

Nice.. Good Info Man..

giphy.gif
Lmao sorry I probably didn't really answer your question. He was alright from what I recall. Nothing special but not bad at all. The Rock had his first real feud against him and it seemed to really springboard his career and understanding, so I imagine he really knew what he was doing.

You guys ever hear about the time ken got jumped by the nasty boys and almost died?

This is before ken was in the UFC I believe.

Story is the nasty boys were bothering some girl at a bar and ken took exception to it. You do get the impression from some of the ppl that told this story that ken probably escalated the situation. One of the nasties snuffs him and ppl intervene and the nasties get kicked out of the bar....

But ken was still pissed and wanted a piece of em. So he goes to their hotel and kicks the door in. The blonde nasty boy (knobbs) was sleeping on the couch and ken went for him and the other one (sags) who had been standing off to the side talking on the phone ,knocks ken out with the phone. Both nasties then put the boots to ken,nearly beating him to death and sags takes him outside and tries to throw him over the balcony,but by then a bunch of wrestlers intervened,and get ken to the hospital

You guys ever hear about the time ken got jumped by the nasty boys and almost died?

This is before ken was in the UFC I believe.

Story is the nasty boys were bothering some girl at a bar and ken took exception to it. You do get the impression from some of the ppl that told this story that ken probably escalated the situation. One of the nasties snuffs him and ppl intervene and the nasties get kicked out of the bar....

But ken was still pissed and wanted a piece of em. So he goes to their hotel and kicks the door in. The blonde nasty boy (knobbs) was sleeping on the couch and ken went for him and the other one (sags) who had been standing off to the side talking on the phone ,knocks ken out with the phone. Both nasties then put the boots to ken,nearly beating him to death and sags takes him outside and tries to throw him over the balcony,but by then a bunch of wrestlers intervened,and get ken to the hospital
Oh Ken and those Anger Issues..

RewardingFaroffBeardedcollie-max-1mb.gif

You don't want them to bounce. You want them to provide just enough elasticity but be sturdy enough at the same time.

And in the second gif, they clearly move up and down. You contradicted yourself.

Turnbuckle flips are trampoline-like.
Again, it's more like jumping on the springs of a trampoline, not the middle of the trampoline. That's where the tension is, so it absorbs the kinetic energy. If the springs moved too much, they would snap off the frame.
ring1_tbuckle.jpg

Notice the movement of the rope is towards the middle, that's where any spring would be because it has the most travel and give.
VL66KQj.gif

The movement of the turnbuckle in those Vader gifs don't remotely imply enough energy to move Vader in to the air at all.

Back