Tech "intel's f-----"

I mean he’s going to come with an alt yes? The ban is the account or does it include banning all related IP addresses the account used?

Intel looks to grab the largest investment stake in Germanies 22 billion dollar decision to enter into chip manufacturing space. I also believe they want to continuing development of ASML machines looking into becoming a second source.

"
According to a new report, Germany's government plans to allocate €20 billion ($22 billion) to enhance semiconductor production in the country. This initiative is designed to strengthen the national tech industry and ensure a steady supply of key components in light of increasing geopolitical instability. A significant proportion of these funds, approximately 75%, is earmarked for multinationals such as Intel from the U.S. and TSMC from Taiwan, Bloomberg reports.

About half of the aid package, €10 billion (a third of the total investment in the site), is said to have been allocated to Intel for its new production facility near Magdeburg, Germany, Eastern Germany. The German government is also finalizing negotiations with TSMC to invest in a manufacturing facility in Dresden and build various microcontrollers that are consumed by Germany-based automakers. The government is looking forward to subsidizing around €5 billion, half of the total investment, in this fab.

Furthermore, approximately €1 billion is designated for Infineon, around 20% of the total investment in a new Dresden-based semiconductor plant, Bloomberg report. In addition, German automotive supplier ZF Friedrichshafen AG and U.S.-based chipmaker Wolfspeed are also expected to receive state funds to establish a silicon carbide chip factory near the French border in Saarland. The joint venture seeks subsidies covering roughly 25% of the costs, which equates to about €750 million."

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/germany-preps-to-pour-22-billion-usd-in-local-chip-production

Man, who knew that being "fucked" would be this miserable. Must be unbearable. Glad I'm not Intel.
Thank God Intel still around after all.

"Amusingly, veteran Linux kernel developer Peter Zijlstra, who is affiliated with Intel, refined the AMD patches. It's somewhat ironic to witness an Intel engineer spearheading the kernel's refinement of AMD mitigation code. Welcome to the open-source community spirit!"

Who knows how F'd AMD would have been without them.

<Dany07>

This going to be back an forth between AMD an Intel going forward. These are very early Tests on Intel 14th generation.

960x0.jpg

This going to be back an forth between AMD an Intel going forward. These are very early Tests on Intel 14th generation.

960x0.jpg
The 14th Gen Intels definitely aren't worth buzz. They're more like a "tock" in the classic Intel "tick-tock" cycle despite being the first 7nm chips Intel produces. It's weird. The 14700K just bumps the clock frequency +200MHz and the cache +10%. It also has four more efficiency cores than the 13700K which is why it does so much better in this multi-threaded benchmark, but that's a bit misleading, because without those cores, there would a very modest difference between the two. It's going to bring a pitiful improvement in gaming performance: probably 2%-4%. And it's jacking the power draw again to achieve this.

The only meaingful praise I think one can muster for this release is that Intel is at least rapidly turning out new "gens" however modest the improvements. The Intel 10th gen came out in August 2019. This 14th gen is expected to launch in October. That's a whopping 5 generations released in a impressively compact 49-month window. Conversely, Zen 2 came out in July 2019, and Zen 5 is nowhere on the immediate horizon. However, AMD's strategy has been that rather than focus on new lineups with refined manufacturing processes, they just release the 3D-cache variants of CPUs from the same gen, and that has appeared to offer a superior bump for actual gaming performance (for games that accommodate it).

Intel
10th Gen (14nm) --> 11th Gen (14nm) --> 12th Gen (10nm) --> 13th Gen (10nm) --> 14th Gen (7nm)
AMD
Zen 2 (7nm) --> Zen 3 (7nm)--> Zen 4 (5nm)

Meanwhile, Intel's next-generation flagship Core i9-14900K and special-edition Core i9-14900KS will have boost clocks of 6.0 GHz and 6.20 GHz, respectively.

Hmm, might need to get my wallet ready.

Reactions: PEB
Any day now.

"
During Hot Chips 2023, Intel showed off a brand new CPU design featuring 8 cores but a massive 528 threads based on RISC.

Intel's 8 Core & 528 Thread CPU Can Provide Insane Parallelism & Multi-Threaded Capabilities
The motivations that led Intel to create such a unique chip design are based on some specific work-loads that not only require insane parallel compute capabilities but also lead to under-utilization of the available hardware, most importantly the cache. One such workload is Graph Analytics such as DARPA's HIVE program which is a petabyte-scale graph analytics workload and offers 1000x Perf/W when compared to traditional compute."

https://wccftech.com/intel-disclose...on-risc-architecture-66-threads-per-core/amp/

20230919-intel-20a-wafer-01.jpg

Intel jumped the gun to show 18A or sub 3 nanometer typology chips. Apparently it was done using a new UltraEUV or whatever name process to achieve such typology. But not TMSC an not internally no idea? Intel says their machine runs early 2024.

Back