Movies Interstellar vs. The Matrix - Which is the better film?

Which is the better film?

• Total voters
2 WAY different films. I went with The Matrix as it's style and plot were so groundbreaking. Some of the best action scenes of all time. What a concept, and it was executed to perfection. Sent many of us to the internet for theories and explanations.
Interstellar was an amazing film, really top 10 Sci Fi. Against many other films it wins.
Interstellar versus 2001 would probably be a better comparison in terms of film style and genre

I barely remember anything about Interstellar (I do think I enjoyed it). The Matrix however I have every line memorized, it's that good. This is was not close.
Same. I remember enjoying interstellar as well but for the life of me all I can remember is Matthew Mcconaughey crying. I remember every fucking thing from The Matrix! The only thing that hasn’t held up well is the CGI mechanical squiddies.

How if you said Dazed and Confused

alright-dazed-and-confused.gif

Very close but I went with Interstellar.

People give it shit because of the tesseract and bookshelf thing but all sci-fi movies are going to go into the fantasy side a bit. It's certainly no more silly than being able to go in and out of the matrix in The Matrix.

Both are alright. There are things about each that are great and other things that are terrible.

Also, it's funny people are complaining about Interstellar even though a kiss brings that doofus back to life in the Matrix.

<36>

Interstellar versus 2001 would probably be a better comparison in terms of film style and genre

Nah I think the Matrix and Interstellar are much closer, they both have some high concept sci fi to them but ultimately they are romantic action films.

Both great films. Matrix is more based as an action film. Interstellar imo is more intellectual based. Matrix takes more liberties because it’s action/popcorn flick. Director Nolan bases his films in more reality based imo. My nod goes to Interstellar.

Nah I think the Matrix and Interstellar are much closer, they both have some high concept sci fi to them but ultimately they are romantic action films.
Most if not all films have a romance/leading man and woman.

Interstellar is a better film, the Matrix is a more watchable movie.

Both are incredible.

Matrix was probably more of a pop culture phenomenon than Interstellar

Most if not all films have a romance/leading man and woman.

Maybe less of a requirement or staple when it comes to serious sci fi though...

Silent Running
Moon
A.I.
Predestination
etc.

Back