Movies Interstellar vs. The Matrix - Which is the better film?

Which is the better film?

• Total voters
Most if not all films have a romance/leading man and woman.

Not 2OO1.

Its moreso the focus of the film though, I think the Matrix and Interstellar are both a mix of action scenes and quite broad drama.

Matrix was more "entertaining" but interstellar was very good. And probably had one of the GOAT theme music ever.

Interstellar was confusing they didn't even mention what time period it was and the ending made no sense.

Very close but I went with Interstellar.

People give it shit because of the tesseract and bookshelf thing but all sci-fi movies are going to go into the fantasy side a bit. It's certainly no more silly than being able to go in and out of the matrix in The Matrix.
the difference imo is the visuals used. Thats were Matrix gets so immersive and groundbreaking how shockingly real it feels to live in this digital reality. Especially as we see how Zuckerberg and other tech giants develop exactly into that direction and a lot that felt more fantasy back then now feels like horrific foreshadowing of a close future.

Matrix is imo absolutely groundbreaking in showing this dystopia . It combines it with a kinda cheesy superhero story with a nonactor like Reeves but the visuals alone are imo what keeps it as a monumental movie. Interstellar on the other hand wants to be felt like this heavy movie loaded with meaning while it really is a superficial quite nonsensical sci fi flick with over acted drama .

64b076f62cad8.jpeg
One blue pill, please!
l@nd0

Not 2OO1.

Its moreso the focus of the film though, I think the Matrix and Interstellar are both a mix of action scenes and quite broad drama.
You came up with one film response? Smh

Interstellar is a great movie, but I voted Matrix as it was quite the novel concept, and very well executed.

I think a better matchup would be The Matrix vs Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever

the difference imo is the visuals used. Thats were Matrix gets so immersive and groundbreaking how shockingly real it feels to live in this digital reality. Especially as we see how Zuckerberg and other tech giants develop exactly into that direction and a lot that felt more fantasy back then now feels like horrific foreshadowing of a close future.

Matrix is imo absolutely groundbreaking in showing this dystopia . It combines it with a kinda cheesy superhero story with a nonactor like Reeves but the visuals alone are imo what keeps it as a monumental movie. Interstellar on the other hand wants to be felt like this heavy movie loaded with meaning while it really is a superficial quite nonsensical sci fi flick with over acted drama .

Agreed about the Matrix's visuals being superior. Its action/fight sequences are also obviously great and probably a big reason why it's kicking ass in a cagefighting forum.

However, Interstellar is far from nonsensical. The fact that they had a world-renowned astrophysicist (Kip Thorne) as a consultant and that he actually published a paper in an academic journal based on the calculations he made when preparing for the movie, give it far more legitimacy than anything in the Matrix.

And them coming up with a visual for a black hole several years before one had actually been seen is also pretty impressive.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Matrix is far more iconic. I loved Interstellar but I don't think it's produced a single meme.

As a huge fan of interstellar; The Matrix has got it beat in almost every category except maybe the soundtrack.

The Matrix, and it's not even close.

Interstellar was humming along nicely.......then that stupid shit with the black hole and bookshelf happens. Turning the movie from a solid 8.5, to a 6 at best. I'm shocked at how many people think this movie is "amazing".

Thank you, I had the same exact reaction. Went from Sci-fi 90%+ of the movie to some cheeseball 80s fantasy movie ending. A Black hole is a magic teleport home device, so bad.

I restarting age 6 it's 1978. I make .ore thsn 10 mil after my investment in Apple in early 80s. Then I make a ton on Microsoft , Google, etc. After that I buy 10 mil in bit coin in 2011. Right now I'm worlds first trillionaire.

Interstellar is a good movie, a really good movie, but so overrated. I think it might be the most overrated Sci-Fi in history at this point in time.

Interstellar didn't have anything interesting to say. Nice soundtrack and a few mind-bending elements but that's about it.

You could probably write a doctoral thesis on the meanings behind The Matrix. It's a documentary on our reality, after all. I'm sure it's happened already.

The Matrix changed by expectation of what science fiction action films should look like.

Back