Invicta FC 11: Cyborg vs. Tweet 10PM ET Prelims/12AM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Knapp announces April 10 is their next event. Kankaanpaa vs. Souza for the 115 pound title.

I`m not sure what Tweet`s plan was, but all she managed to do was mean-mug and walk into a Cyborg bull-rush (with predictable results). Did she watch any tape of Cyborg? Did she plan to use her height or reach at all?

And, Mizuki needs better coaching. She lost a close fight with KK trying to trade with her, despite owning her on the ground (the round that she won). Then today, she stands there for 4.5 minutes with Grasso before trying a takedown, getting clocked and bloodied all the while. Then she comes out in the 2nd and says, let`s give it another go! I believe Mizuki was perfect on takedowns in this fight and (other than that exchange where her head ended up between Grasso`s thighs) controlled Grasso on the ground in the 3rd. Why does Mizuki stubbornly refuse to take the fight where she has the clear advantage? Okay, maybe she wants to showcase her boxing (again), but she has no KO wins (but plenty of wins by submission). And 30-26?

But Jamie Moyle really turned it up didn`t she? I told you that girl was a terminator, didn`t I? She looked really impressive! Irena Aldana did too!

Okay Invicta, either send the Mexican pair up to the UFC, or give them title fights already! Let`s have Aldana and Evinger for the belt! Grasso vs. Kankanpaa!

Jarl

yeah great idea. lets see

Ronda 1 million per fight
Cat 100K/100K for title fight
Cyborg in Invicta maybe 30K........hmmm yes lets stay in Invicta.

Cyborg @135 would be a completely different fighter, and wouldn't be nearly as dominant. If she keeps winning and claiming best in the world Ronda will eventually move up to fight her. Going down to 135 would be a terrible idea for Cyborg.

Ronda is a beast, but I have not been overly impressed from what little of her standup I have seen. Her neck always seems so stiff and she doesn't have great head movement. If Cyborg decided to ever aim instead of swinging wildly, it could be a bad match up.

I dont know why people think Ronda can beat Cyborg. She's smaller and she just rushes in openly with little regard to getting hit. Thats a bad formula for Cyborg. McMann, a mentally soft midget wrestler, hit Ronda 4 times while she rushed in. Cyborg would hit Ronda multiple times with her freakin eyes closed

Cyborg @135 would be a completely different fighter, and wouldn't be nearly as dominant. If she keeps winning and claiming best in the world Ronda will eventually move up to fight her. Going down to 135 would be a terrible idea for Cyborg.

Lol.......

If I'm Cyborg no way I move down to fight Ronda, I'd keep dominating my weight class and claim GOAT Women's fighter. If Ronda wants to prove otherwise then have her move up a weight class.

With that mentality you must be poor as hell. She gets paid less money in Invicta than a manager at Target makes (Target managers make over six figures a year). If she went to 135 and beat Rousey she could possibly make millions with purse, bonuses, a percentage of pay per view buys, Reebok sponsorship, outside sponsorships, and movie deals.

Knapp announces April 10 is their next event. Kankaanpaa vs. Souza for the 115 pound title.

3rd straight title fight for Souza?

I guess Moyle was just too far down the card to win PotN. I thought her win was easily the most impressive. I love Aldana, but she got a gift when her opponent stumbled...and Justino got a gift when Tweet decided to meet a Cyborg bull-rush with a mean-mug and a leg kick.

With that mentality you must be poor as hell. She gets paid less money in Invicta than a manager at Target makes (Target managers make over six figures a year). If she went to 135 and beat Rousey she could possibly make millions with purse, bonuses, a percentage of pay per view buys, Reebok sponsorship, outside sponsorships, and movie deals.

She won't beat Ronda @ 135 though that's the thing, giving up her main advantage of size and strength wouls be idiotic. If she loses she gets none of those things either, would be a much better idea to let the fight come to her than to pursue it at a disadvantage.

I dont know why people think Ronda can beat Cyborg. She's smaller and she just rushes in openly with little regard to getting hit. Thats a bad formula for Cyborg. McMann, a mentally soft midget wrestler, hit Ronda 4 times while she rushed in. Cyborg would hit Ronda multiple times with her freakin eyes closed

You mean 'no head movement ronda' ?

McMann probably hits as hard or harder than Cyborg and Rousey was completely unfazed. I don't think Cyborg could prevent Rousey from getting to her body. Maybe she would be able to prevent a takedown or stop an armbar on the ground.

Invicta should set up Grasso vs. Kowalkiewicz to see who gets the next shot after that.

that seems like the one most fans would want to see. it would be another great one! so much excitement in the SW division! :D

Grasso vs. KK? Fuck yeah!! If Invicta could set that up, it would be awesome.

Jarl

Back