Invicta FC 26 PBP thread (8PM ET/5PM PT)

maia is stronger in the clinch, if the ref doesnt break em up she could grind a win out

It was definitely an issue for Aga, she'd pommel under on her right side then get quickly shut down & reversed by Maia who'd then get double unders on her again to keep her on the cage. Aga needed to do more of what she did at the end of the 3rd (I think?) where she punched through the underhook and came off the fence hard to create the space she needed to spin Maia around and reverse position. She also wasn't having much success with pushing and framing off against Maia's head, she needed to get the forearm in the face and then brace & drive off with both arms instead of pushing off with the palms.

Overall I think she did well. Got some detail work to clean up and work on, and some overall fight strategy to think about.

Just got back from BJJ, how did Mackenzie look?
besides gorgeous as usual

Despite the submission finish, this fight was more about Dern's effective stand up striking and ground and pound.

48-47 Maia and very clear to me. Cardio decided this fight, i hope Aga stays at Invicta, she will improve a lot there and refine her striking, she almost finished Maia at r2, lacked a killer instinct. Happy for Maia, she seems like a really good person.

Another great Invicta night. That title bout was grueling. Maia came strongly focused in the champ rounds. Good conditioning. Aga's only 22 & I look forward to seeing her more.

49-46?

Go home judges, you're drunk.

I've got Aga winning first 3, and Maia coming back in championship rounds.

49-46?

Go home judges, you're drunk.

I've got Aga winning first 3, and Maia coming back in championship rounds.
i dont know who won the first then i had aga 2 and 3 and maia 4 and 5 , it sure wasnt 49-46
aga looked smaller and couldnt get of the fence, it may have been a different result if franklin broke em up a bit more.
props to maia , aga will come back.

Ugh. I feel like death being woken up by my kids right now, but I suppose it was worth it

Aga didn't show much improvement since her last fight. This is a big red flag for young fighter, either she lacks motivation or her camp sucks. It doesn't help that she has a two years old son which makes her life more complex.

i dont know who won the first then i had aga 2 and 3 and maia 4 and 5 , it sure wasnt 49-46
aga looked smaller and couldnt get of the fence, it may have been a different result if franklin broke em up a bit more.
props to maia , aga will come back.

I had it for Maia 48-47, but it was a close fight. Also showed what Aga needs to work on (and getting a bit stronger would not hurt).

Karina Rodriguez and Christine Ferea had fun in their fight at Invicta FC 26 "We smiled whenever we landed a good shot. We'd make the face of: 'Oh, you know that one hurt!' I think we both really enjoyed it."

Back