Invicta FC 31: Jandiroba vs Morandin, Sat. Sep 1st, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT Main Card PBP Discussion

Have any of you actually thought about how "R's" are pronounced in the first place? You need to vibrate your freaking tongue to produce the sound! It's absolutely absurd. No wonder the Japanese skipped it entirely.

It's often one of the last things kids learn to pronounce due to its intricacy.
anigif_enhanced-6482-1425318208-20.gif

Have any of you actually thought about how "R's" are pronounced in the first place? You need to vibrate your freaking tongue to produce the sound! It's absolutely absurd. No wonder the Japanese skipped it entirely.

It's often one of the last things kids learn to pronounce due to its intricacy.
You are correct. My sister in law is a speech pathologist and she says that some people have issues manipulating their tongue into the positions to make certain sounds. Some people when they are young never get the hang of it and by the time they become adults they have issues.

She's like a tiny Chael Sonnen.

Anyone remember those crazy grappling-wars Invicta used to have? Ala Watson vs Penne? Whatever happened to those in WMMA?

BJJ has developed amongst the girls so they are more tentative to go to the ground....

The quality is much lower as well, Invicta was the top tier of womens MMA, now its just a feeder or a par with Legacy, KOTC etc, and arguably behind ONE

Officially volunteering my services to help VanZandt practice triangle defense

<{ohyeah}>

I hope the brown from Hannibal graphic doesn't smudge. Otherwise it'll smear "poop like" stains everywhere.

Oh boy, VanZandt better not put herself into a triangle again...

Nice job by Kelly.

This next fight should be another good one.

D’Angelo won but Vanzandt has the
bigger upside. Who knew there are Italians in StLouie?

Back