Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
2nd season felt like a huge waste of time in a bunch of areas.

Mark had already broken up with Amber, every moment they spent together was useless. There was no need to break them up again. Anyone who read the comics already knew where that was going, and pretty much anyone who didn't also could see the writing on the wall, but they spent hours on their relationship. They did a funeral for Kate. Oh but she's fine the next episode. Okay. Spin the wheels more...

Robot and monster girl's storyline is creepy, and it basically went nowhere. Rex was good. Mark whining about every single aspect of his life and getting the shit beat out of him constantly gets old after awhile. He should have some kind of victory, somewhere...

Final episode ended like a wet fart.

First season was fantastic, this one wasn't

Just rewatched Ep4, to remind myself what quality Invincible should be, and then marathoned Ep5, 6, 7, & 8 and....

Holy fuck what an amazing improvement the 2nd half of this season was over the first 3 episodes.

Writing was 10/10, and reminded me of what made the 1st season so amazing.

As for the multi-verse villain showing back up in the finale, I was mostly fine with it because it closed off all the multi-verse bullshit in a meaningful way... building Mark and his mom's characters, their relationship, and displayed what an amazing character his mom is for protecting her husband's bastard son as if she was his own mother. But I wish Mark had learned a harder lesson... after getting nearly killed by three vultrumites he's going to have to learn his own killer instinct to protect the planet from them, but apparently he doesn't agree.

I said I was going to marathon the entire season, but I only had time for 5 episodes rather than 8, so sometime before the 3rd season premieres I'll have to rewatch everything and guage if the first 3 episodes aged better than I remember.

But going off of memory, if the 1st season is 10/10, I'd give the 2nd season a 8.5/10.

Portal fight was brutal and well done.

It seemed purposeful to keep jerking the audience around like Mark between the comedy bits, bizarro Mark, and the horror of what Levy is doing to two innocents.

Second season was something of a mixed bag, IMHO.

- Cecil and Terminator Donald are the joint MVP's.

- Nolan steals every scene he is. He just doesn't get enough of them.

- Way too much focus on Mark and Amber's relationship. You can't live in each other's worlds? Boo fucking hoo. Go punch a monster or super villian in the face, Mark. That's what we're here for, not this CW shit.

- Watching Mark beat Levy's mutated head into a canoe? Awesome. Watching Mark piss and moan about it for the remainder of the episode? Not so much. Oh, and quit being such a pussy and hook up with Atom Eve, you fucking crybaby.

- Lol'd at the Spider-Man/Dock Ock and Batman references. Well played.

- Levy accessing the memories of other Multiverse versions of himself as they are killed by Evil Marks was the highlight of the season for me.

Second season was something of a mixed bag, IMHO.

- Cecil and Terminator Donald are the joint MVP's.

- Nolan steals every scene he is. He just doesn't get enough of them.

- Way too much focus on Mark and Amber's relationship. You can't live in each other's worlds? Boo fucking hoo. Go punch a monster or super villian in the face, Mark. That's what we're here for, not this CW shit.

- Watching Mark beat Levy's mutated head into a canoe? Awesome. Watching Mark piss and moan about it for the remainder of the episode? Not so much. Oh, and quit being such a pussy and hook up with Atom Eve, you fucking crybaby.

- Lol'd at the Spider-Man/Dock Ock and Batman references. Well played.

- Levy accessing the memories of other Multiverse versions of himself as they are killed by Evil Marks was the highlight of the season for me.

Season 1 also perhaps just couldn’t be replicated in that there was a mystery piece that added tension. People didn’t know if Nolan would get caught for what he did, he was really the star of the show in season 1, like a Walter White kind of character.

He was struggling to keep everything he had done hidden from his family and friends, and there was a reveal waiting about his motives that kind of hung over the whole season and built to the finale which was really shocking, even for people who had read the comics.

That demon detective also added some flavour, and the struggle between Cecil and Nolan meant J K Simmonds and Walton Goggins working together, two extremely charming, talented actors who tend to steal most of their scenes in whatever they happen to be in.

Season 2 was ok, the long break still makes zero sense. These 4 episodes needed to be as good or better than S1 to make up for it, and it wasn't even close. They didn't move the story along all that much.

I'll prob be back for s3, needs more focus on omni man and the viltrumites.

But most of the guardian team are pretty boring. Way too much whining this season from all of them, especially mark. I had to fast forward through a lot of that shit.

I enjoyed season 2, but obviously had a vertiginous hurdle to overcome to surpass season 1. Mark and Amber got tiresome quickly and should have broken up earlier in the season. I really want to see Mark become as strong as Omni Man as he is clearly the strongest of the Guardians by a country mile and could easily defeat giant Kaijus with such strength. We need to see more of Mark that isn't afraid to be ruthless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back