Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Yeah, I don’t hate any concept really when it comes to this stuff, it all just boils down to how well it is written , how well thought out it is, and if they make the environment in which the multiverse exists is consistent.

Exactly. It's how I feel about time travel in movies. Sometimes it's used in the exact same way as the multiverse stuff to just negate all consequences. Then sometimes it's done right and can end up being really good. This movie Time Lapse I watched used time traveling in a very clever way and I thought it was brilliant but you rarely see that in big Hollywood movies.

This episode was so dumb. The multiverse aspect is stupid, and the main villain no one cares about

The creators wanted us to care about his speeches, and just no one cares about this shit

This season felt like a side quest aside from the Viltrumite parts

I loved season 1, it’s not gonna be worth the wait for season 3

kinda surprised by some of these responses, because i thought this episode was pretty darn great. only thing i can complain about is that i had no clue it was the s2 finale

Show is ok, but they really shouldn’t have went the multiverse/time travel aspect. Might as well just have a wizard and waves a wand to fix everything. Alas I look forward to the next season in 2 or so years.

You can't do Invincible without a multiverse.

It's the fundament to one of it's two key conflicts.

(Just wait until the other
Invincibles show up, lol
)

This is a great show, but if we're only getting like 8 episodes in 2 years, I can do without the time and energy wasted on cheeky, 4th wall jokes about how much time it takes to animate.
The thing that I don't understand about this is, it's not like a book where only writer can write this story. Can't anyone do the drawings in the way they want it to be done? Can't they hire more artists? I'm wondering how much of this is an issue with this being how animation is vs. studios not wanting to pay to get things done.

The last episode was good, but it was a poor season finale. I understand how this moment will/can have a profound effect on how Mark thinks and acts, but that villain just hasn't played enough of a role in the series for any of us to care about him. And with the larger Viltrumite threat in every other part of this show, to end the season like this just seemed like a waste. Too many things have been mentioned and started without being properly addressed or explored.
"Read my books, Mark".....and then nothing happens with that for the rest of the season?
We find out that there's a Viltrumite living in secret and plotting to go to war against the empire...and then...nothing.
No changes in Oliver, and not much happens with Nolan or Allen. They give us some pieces of information, but not enough when you consider how short the seasons are, and how much space is between them.

You can't do Invincible without a multiverse.

It's the fundament to one of it's two key conflicts.

(Just wait until the other
Invincibles show up, lol
)

Yea this is what I figured is that they were forced to do the multiverse stuff even if they would rather have done something else. I didn't read the spoiler but I just assume it's integral to the overall story.

Overall I enjoyed the season but the show is at it's best when it's focusing on the overall universe stuff. Earth related villians and issues just aren't that great.

The multiverse and time travel stuff was ultimately pretty minor though wasnt it? certainly not the overriding plots of the season.

Generally I was very impressed, not a comic reader and I felt this had the potential to be a bit like Heroes were you had a big plot in the first season and the second struggles to follow it up as effectively yet the second was at a pretty similar level.

I was happy with season 2 overall, though that last episode before the mid-season break was definitely the highlight.

I watched last nights episode pretty late, like after 2am, so now there’s parts to it I can’t even remember. What’s the deal with that Mummy? I only remember the two women waking him up and them making some kind of misogyny joke but nothing after that? Did it just cut there or did he kill them/they kill him?

I was happy with season 2 overall, though that last episode before the mid-season break was definitely the highlight.

I watched last nights episode pretty late, like after 2am, so now there’s parts to it I can’t even remember. What’s the deal with that Mummy? I only remember the two women waking him up and them making some kind of misogyny joke but nothing after that? Did it just cut there or did he kill them/they kill him?

I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure the mummy thing is a tease for people who know the source material. Only thing that makes sense to me anyways.

This is a great show, but if we're only getting like 8 episodes in 2 years, I can do without the time and energy wasted on cheeky, 4th wall jokes about how much time it takes to animate.
The thing that I don't understand about this is, it's not like a book where only writer can write this story. Can't anyone do the drawings in the way they want it to be done? Can't they hire more artists? I'm wondering how much of this is an issue with this being how animation is vs. studios not wanting to pay to get things done.

The last episode was good, but it was a poor season finale. I understand how this moment will/can have a profound effect on how Mark thinks and acts, but that villain just hasn't played enough of a role in the series for any of us to care about him. And with the larger Viltrumite threat in every other part of this show, to end the season like this just seemed like a waste. Too many things have been mentioned and started without being properly addressed or explored.
"Read my books, Mark".....and then nothing happens with that for the rest of the season?
We find out that there's a Viltrumite living in secret and plotting to go to war against the empire...and then...nothing.
No changes in Oliver, and not much happens with Nolan or Allen. They give us some pieces of information, but not enough when you consider how short the seasons are, and how much space is between them.
i agree. great episode, maybe the best of the season imo, but an awful finale. so many picked up threads that were dead ends by season’s completion, passing the responsibility of picking them back up on the next season

i agree. great episode, maybe the best of the season imo, but an awful finale. so many picked up threads that were dead ends by season’s completion, passing the responsibility of picking them back up on the next season
I believe the next season is going to be significantly quicker to come out than this though? 12-18 months?

GOAT Show loved every episode, season 2 was tits and I can’t wait for my boy Conquest to show up season 3.

It’s my new Dragon Ball.

I feel they cut season 2 at a weird part. They could have gone a bit further with the comic storyline and ended it at a better spot.

Allegedly Kirkman is saying in interviews they wrote scripts and got the voice acting recorded for s2 and s3 at the same time, which would explain why all of s2 feels like a setup / tease.

And hopefully s3 won't be 10 years away.

Looking forward to s3 being heavier on the viltrumite arc and fleshing out the bones on the teases in s2.

Last edited:
Enjoyed it, loved seeing "Spiderman" and liked the Batman joke. How did Kate survive?

Nice to the walking dead show up would love to that show animated.

Last edited:
I don’t like that ant woman survived, but at least Kate still died. This is the one show that death seems to matter like game of thrones

The twist at the beginning of expecting him to get saved by something random, and then he just gets shot in the head was a great jaw dropper. But then they back tracked
And Kate didn’t even die so it was all a no consequence sequence lol

original Kate went into hiding at some point for the purpose of self-preservation, instead using a duplicate as her proxy unbeknownst to anyone else on the team[/spoi
OK then, I thought she said she was hiding but I thought she said in the coffin.

A question about the mummy. Does he escape the tomb or is it a gag where he's about to be released but something stops him every time.

Just rewatched Ep4, to remind myself what quality Invincible should be, and then marathoned Ep5, 6, 7, & 8 and....

Holy fuck what an amazing improvement the 2nd half of this season was over the first 3 episodes.

Writing was 10/10, and reminded me of what made the 1st season so amazing.

As for the multi-verse villain showing back up in the finale, I was mostly fine with it because it closed off all the multi-verse bullshit in a meaningful way... building Mark and his mom's characters, their relationship, and displayed what an amazing character his mom is for protecting her husband's bastard son as if she was his own mother. But I wish Mark had learned a harder lesson... after getting nearly killed by three vultrumites he's going to have to learn his own killer instinct to protect the planet from them, but apparently he doesn't agree.

I said I was going to marathon the entire season, but I only had time for 5 episodes rather than 8, so sometime before the 3rd season premieres I'll have to rewatch everything and guage if the first 3 episodes aged better than I remember.

But going off of memory, if the 1st season is 10/10, I'd give the 2nd season a 8.5/10.

Back