International Iran begins attack on Israel, launching dozens of drones that’ll take hours to arrive

Acting like they’re invincible is the opposite of what they are doing. If anything they are acting like a wounded animal deeply afraid for its life.

Military deterrence has been the backbone of stability in this region. There is certainly an impression that Israel’s detterence has been eroded and there is a necessity from Israel’s perspective to restore that.

How though?

How Israel retaliates without dragging everyone else? Topple Assad? Kickstart Lebanon 2.0? Send missiles without permission through many countries?

Also its ridiculous to claim Israel doesnt struck first on this one, they put Iran into an impossible situation where they needed to save face.

And ultimately it was Bibi who fucked up the US attempts to reach detente with Iran by intervening in US domestic politics and pushing for the scrapping of Iranian deal.

But then again Israel is always going to be a victim no matter what.

Are we going to pretend that Iran hasn't funded proxy attacks including 10/7? Like I said you only hold one party to any kind of accountability. At least some of the more racist people on here are honest about their intentions unlike you.

Iran was behind 10/7 as much as Saddam was behind 9/11.

DUBAI—Iranian security officials helped plan Hamas’s Saturday surprise attack on Israel and gave the green light for the assault at a meeting in Beirut last Monday, according to senior members of Hamas and Hezbollah, another Iran-backed militant group.

Officers of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps had worked with Hamas since August to devise the air, land and sea incursions—the most significant breach of Israel’s borders since the 1973 Yom Kippur War—those people said.

OK, so I've just woken up/sobered up. Has WWIII started yet? :)

How though?

How Israel retaliates without dragging everyone else? Topple Assad? Kickstart Lebanon 2.0? Send missiles without permission through many countries?

Also its ridiculous to claim Israel doesnt struck first on this one, they put Iran into an impossible situation where they needed to save face.

And ultimately it was Bibi who fucked up the US attempts to reach detente with Iran by intervening in US domestic politics and pushing for the scrapping of Iranian deal.

But then again Israel is always going to be a victim no matter what.
I don’t think that’s an honest reflection of the current hostilities. Iran has been attacking Israel almost everyday since the onset of the war via its proxies. Houtis/Hez/militia in Iraq and Syria, are all bodies of the Iranian regime.
Also given their role in orchestrating and training Hamas’ forces in the Oct. 7th attack… really hard to say that Israel attacked first…

I don’t think that’s an honest reflection of the current hostilities. Iran has been attacking Israel almost everyday since the onset of the war via its proxies. Houtis/Hez/militia in Iraq and Syria, are all bodies of the Iranian regime.

Israel should bomb these proxies to dust then.

Also given their role in orchestrating and training Hamas’ forces in the Oct. 7th attack… really hard to say that Israel attacked first…

It all stems down to Israeli sabotage of detente.

We dont really need to deal with a conflagration in the Middle East right now

...and that's kinda of how it's been going: Israel and Iran have been fighting a proxy war for a good while. But it's different when Iran attacks Israel directly, from its own territory. That's a significant escalation.

We can only hope that the Israeli response, which is almost sure to come, will be measured enough that Iran can brush it off... but with both sides being led by corrupt ideologues, who knows.

Too complicated. Lol
It all stems down to Israeli sabotage of detente.

We dont really need to deal with a conflagration in the Middle East right now
Partially, but based on their understanding of Iran as a fundamentalist messianic regime who would likely use that political cover to clandestinely develop their nuclear weapons program. I think this is the case.

...and that's kinda of how it's been going: Israel and Iran have been fighting a proxy war for a good while. But it's different when Iran attacks Israel directly, from its own territory. That's a significant escalation.

We can only hope that the Israeli response, which is almost sure to come, will be measured enough that Iran can brush it off... but with both sides being led by corrupt ideologues, who knows.

Iran attacked Israel directly because they bombed an embassy full of Iranians.

Israel got the W on this one.

I dont really know what Israel can do that would not drag at least 1-2 countries into war, which of course means the US gets to clean up.

Too complicated. Lol

Partially, but based on their understanding of Iran as a fundamentalist messianic regime who would likely use that political cover to clandestinely develop their nuclear weapons program. I think this is the case.

Killing the Iranian deal sounds stupid in hindsight now doesnt it?

Killing the Iranian deal sounds stupid in hindsight now doesnt it?
I am not sure.
I think a military confrontation was inevitable and the Iranian deal likely only postponed it.

I am not sure.
I think a military confrontation was inevitable and the Iranian deal likely will only postponed it.

A military confrontation is actually quite evitable considering neither country can actually strike at the other in any meaningful way

Iran attacked Israel directly because they bombed an embassy full of Iranians.

Israel got the W on this one.

I dont really know what Israel can do that would not drag at least 1-2 countries into war, which of course means the US gets to clean up.

And Iran has been lobbing bombs at Israel through its proxies for decades. It's meaningless bickering about who started it in this case, but it's clear that direct country to country attacks represents a significant escalation. Israel is going to have to clap back at Iran in the same manner: a series of aerial strikes aimed at military targets (and maybe nuclear installations) in Iran. Hopefully it will do so in a relatively measured fashion, so that Iran feels like it can leave things there.

But who knows.

A military confrontation is actually quite evitable considering neither country can actually strike at the other in any meaningful way.

Again I think you’re making false divisions between the IRGC and Iranian proxies as not being “Iranian.”

Iran would have great difficulty launching a ground invasion (similarly Israel) because neither possess expeditionary militaries. Iran’s strategy has been instead to fund and train proxy forces, Hezbollah and now Hamas being notable who are formidable and share a border with Israel.

Great damage can be occurred on both sides, but I agree an all out IRGC vs. IDF interaction would be very limited, but the IRGC is but one branch of Irans armed forces in the region.

Chules it’s time to take the tin foil hat off lol
let-him-cook-cooking.gif

Their relationship has little to do with Israel's war capabilities. Do you think that if the US just abandoned Israel, that they wouldn't have any military capabilities? Is America running their electricity or something?

They're not Ukraine, bud.

I don't know about the rest of their military, but as former Boeing employee, I can tell you their Airforce would be devastated without US support. They rely on us for not only aircraft, but also parts (including mandatory replacement parts).

BDS (Boeing Defense Systems, and I think they changed the name after I left ...) is like the Federal Reserve Banks, they are technically private companies, but the governmental intervention of what they can and can not do is significant. IF nothing has changed since I left, for example, Israel may NOT purchase extended fuel tanks for F-15's. They may, however, purchase F-15's ... which Iran can NOT, under any circumstances, for any amount of money. This gives Israel air superiority (or AT LEAST equity) with any nation, except the USA, on Earth.

TLDR; if the US cut them off, their Airforce (greatest advantage they have over neighbors) would be in a constant state of deterioration.

I can't speak for ground forces at all. Don't even know what tank they use.

Back