Is 40 old?

I think if 40 is old or not really depends on the kinda miles you put on your body and what kinda bad habits you picked up along the way.

If your a smoker heavy drinker , drug user , someone who has spent like 15 to 40 burning the candle at both ends 40 is going to feel pretty old and you will look beat.

If at 40 you are in great shape , don't have bad habits eat and sleep right etc than maybe 40 is the new 30.

I'm 40 on the dot my life's been hard and I didn't take great care of myself up to this point and I am starting to feel very old and beat. I've likely got 10 to 15 left in me if I'm lucky. Perhaps I'll find reincarnation is real and I will do better next time.

Sometimes it feels like it, sometimes it doesn't.

When looking at tight & fit college hunnies, yes 40 feels kinda old.

When looking at overweight chronically-depressed single moms, 40 doesnt seem too old if you are relatively in-shape and have even the slightest bit going for you.

That's all I've got to say about that.

40 is not old at all, it's just a number. When I was turning 30, I dreaded it. And when it came, nothing much really changed besides a number. I don't really feel my age, it's all in the mind and how optimistic and energetic you are physically.

Regardless, how old you become, it's all a mindset. That's if you become really sick, than so be it, that's life.
This is kind of it. A big chunk of it depends on how well you take care of yourself.

In my early 20's, in college, I was either drunk or stressed out as fuck. Living on beer, shit food, and 3-4 hours sleep a night for 2 years straight. Basically felt like I was 80.

39 now and while I could clean up my eating/drink habits a bit more, regular exercise and still eating significantly better than before, I feel way younger than when I was actually young.

I'll admit hangovers are worse now. Even with not a ton of beer. Maybe it's time to switch to weed.

bong-smoke.gif

didn't want to turn 18,
Imagine how I now feel at 35.

Thank god I make good money,
and can still live/act like a frat boy and not feel my age.
if you dont have a girlfriend and children, you can still feel like 20-25 brother, just like me, just grabbed a 12 pack of beers and some good poutine.You wouldnt be able to do this with 3 children and a wife.

Do you consider 40 old?

I remember when I was little thinking that 40 was very old and they're just basically just waiting to die

Now that Im in my early 40s....

Feels bad man
40 isn't that bad for a guy, but it's close to the expiration date for most women.

Men seem to really hit the wall around 50 if they don't take care of themselves, and around 65 if they do take care of themselves.

Most women hit the wall around 35 if they don't take care of themselves, and around 50 if they do.

When I say hit the wall, I mean generally feeling like shit all the time and having it negatively affect your personality. It's why most men over 65 are assholes and most women over 50 are cunts.

if you dont have a girlfriend and children, you can still feel like 20-25 brother, just like me, just grabbed a 12 pack of beers and some good poutine.You wouldnt be able to do this with 3 children and a wife.
way ahead of ya

315311390_671791154485789_8539106331274479689_n.jpg

It's all relative, to a person over 60 they might think "Gods I was strong at 40".
To a 20 something it seems old.

Objectively, 30-50 is generally considered middle aged.

51-70 would be old

71-90 is hella old

91+ is ancient

Turned 40 in August, have a 2 year old and a daughter on the way (due MArch). Wifey just turned 33. I wrestled for a large part of my life so my body is pretty shot. But, finished my MBA in March and doing ok in my job. I 100% need to start working out though. I've been thinking of starting TRT but need to do some research on it.

didn't want to turn 18,
Imagine how I now feel at 35.

Thank god I make good money,
and can still live/act like a frat boy and not feel my age.

I'll drink to that. 40 or 50 really should make no difference to that kind of lifestyle.

40 with kids < 40 without kids

I have no kids or ex wives but im older than 40 now, but all my people my that are my age that have kids or wives or exwives, all look old as dirt. Depressed too and theyll tell you that it was worth it for their kids. Granted, im not in that boat, so i absolutely cannot confirm or deny it, but as an elder without dependents, i definitely feel odd, but i also feel young and more importantly, free.

I'm close ,37, and I do feel a little weird approaching 40 but each year gets better. I make more money I've stayed in shape. I think a big part of it is not having kids and never getting married. I've been kind of a man slut my adult life. The amount of single desperate girls over 30 is astounding

I have reached the point where Im worried about not having a kids.

40 isn't old. You can still do the physical stuff you always did (maybe a lil slower) but you have wisdom and life experience at the same time.

50 though? That's fucking OLD. Life is basically over at that point.

dunno, im on the fence with what i think is old.

i mean, when i was 18 i felt 30s were old, now that im 34 i think 40s is old. just keep pushing that age bracket back which you think is old, the older you get really.

I can still hold my own during century rides and maintain a decent average speed. In bjj? Things I could do without thinking are out of the window. I became slower because I had to analyze if I could still physically do stuff I did just 5 years ago. Recovery is something I didn't bothered as well when I was younger. My kids make me feel younger though.

40 with kids < 40 without kids

I have no kids or ex wives but im older than 40 now, but all my people my that are my age that have kids or wives or exwives, all look old as dirt. Depressed too and theyll tell you that it was worth it for their kids. Granted, im not in that boat, so i absolutely cannot confirm or deny it, but as an elder without dependents, i definitely feel odd, but i also feel young and more importantly, free.
by the time you got kids, my kids start having kids, and I become a grandfather....... If my son knocks up his gf, I'm a 40 year old grandpops.....

freedom is a financial thing, I travel international once a year, probably one domestic trip if I'm feeling it. it's a shit ton more money to travel with my family

Back