Is America ready for Lethwei?

Your video reply to my comments don't mean a thing.

Lethwei can look a lot scruffier because of the nature of the fight. There is no opportunity to backfoot and outpoint your opponent. It's balls to the wall fighting but I've seen some incredibly well skilled Lethwei bouts. You need to look harder dude.

Even Liam Harrison thinks it's low level. "they're just swinging, it's like a bar room brawl"

I think Lethwei could be massive here in the U.S and UK.

0% chance it takes off here in the UK. When i trained at Bad Company years ago we laughed at how shit Lethwei was, and that if anyone in it was actually really good they'd do Muay Thai instead. That's coming from people who trained in Muay Thai, so imagine how the casual audience would react to seeing headbutts in person or on tv...

Nobody wants it here, never gonna happen.

I can't speak for anyone in the US, but it took mma long enough to get sanctioned and even now certain groups and places over there think it's too brutal, and are still trying to get it banned... so how would Lethwei do?

Dead in the water.

0% chance it takes off here in the UK. When i trained at Bad Company years ago we laughed at how shit Lethwei was, and that if anyone in it was actually really good they'd do Muay Thai instead. That's coming from people who trained in Muay Thai, so imagine how the casual audience would react to seeing headbutts in person or on tv...

A casual person would think it's too savage they would not see it as a lesser version of MT. If anything people who train MT would be more bias against LW.

A casual person would think it's too savage they would not see it as a lesser version of MT. If anything people who train MT would be more bias against LW.

That was my point. A casual person in the UK sees someone doing muay thai and thinks "ahh yes, kickboxing" because it's basically the same thing to them, whereas headbutts are for school and pub fights.

I can't speak for anyone in the US, but it took mma long enough to get sanctioned and even now certain groups and places over there think it's too brutal, and are still trying to get it banned... so how would Lethwei do?

Dead in the water.

As much as I hate to say it, any combat sport that isn't called Boxing has numbered days in the US without Dana White promoting it. People already think BKFC is brutal enough over here, Lethwei would have a very hard time taking off.

As much as I hate to say it, any combat sport that isn't called Boxing has numbered days in the US without Dana White promoting it. People already think BKFC is brutal enough over here, Lethwei would have a very hard time taking off.

Just wait, i've heard Krav Maga is gonna be huge!

Back