Is anyone contemplating the unthinkable...Jones being brutally KO'd?

It could absolutely happen. Gane is a legit striker and Jones has been inactive going up a weight class for the first time in his career. But there’s so many questions about Jones it’s hard for me to predict anything with assurance.

For me there are good possibilities jj would finish horizontal. He doesn't fight since three years. He will be old, fat and slow.

If he loses then the excuses from his fans will pour into the forum.

Like - jones was inactive for a couple of years and it affected his performance.

He's fought some heavy hitters at 205 and survived. Glover, Cormier, Marreta, etc. He's always been good at negating their best weapons.

But yeah, lost a step, different weightclass, possibly no PEDs. This might be the moment.

Could it happen?
aaf.png

Spinning kick is gonna knock him dead

Jones is pretty savvy when it comes to defending the big shots. He'll employ everything from good fundamentals to eye pokes and more in order to keep from being hit clean by big punchers. The guy is a cognizant fighter, whether fighting clean or not.

All things considered, it would certainly be a <TheWire1>feeling for me if he got put out completely

Anything can happen, and this is one that I don't think anything will surprise me (although it'll be shocking to see Jones get (t)ko'd or sub'd because we've never seen it before).

I'm waiting to see how Jones looks in the cage. Logic says he's probably slower, but there have been cases of athletes that can add mass but retain speed. Will rust be a factor, lots of questions.

There's a part of me that is surprised he went straight to the top of the list, instead of getting a feeler fight first, but another part realizes Jones wants a title and thinks he can do it.

Jones is moving up in weight, is coming off of a three year layoff, and has looked like a shadow of himself in most of his last few fights. No, I won't be shocked if he gets smoked.

Back