Is anyone contemplating the unthinkable...Jones being brutally KO'd?

GSP didn't prepare properly? Of course he did. He just got caught.

He's admitted on Rogan's show that Serra's height and the angle he throws punches gave him issues. GSP was use to fighting taller guys that aim downwards and he was caught by serra throwing punches from below aiming up.

Kinda like Jon vs Gus 1. The height, reach and boxing of Gus gave Jon issues because he's never faced it before like GSP never faced an opponent like Serra.

Both GSP and Jon after facing their opponents destroyed them in rematches.
That's because of their mentality. They improved while Gus and Serra probably hit their peak with that performance and didn't improve more past that. Someone like GSP and Jones will take those losses or close fights and improve. Gus and Serra will look at that performance and think that's good enough for everyone they fight and not evolve past that. That's why the rematches look different, Gus and Serra are still the same fighter while GSP and Jones isn't - they improved and evolved.

You'll see that in a lot of fights when there's a major upset or close fight and they had their spotlight performance. It happened to Reyes as well with his Jones performance. Happens a lot even in boxing as well, when the underdog wins they usually don't get much better because they live off the high of that performance. Like Ruiz vs Anthony Joshua compare it to their second fight. Even Kambosos vs Teofimo and compare him vs Haney, and it even works in reverse with Teofimo vs Loma and Teofimo's performances after that fight.

I'd say Gane has a good chance at finishing Jones.

Could it happen?
He has never fought guys this big, he will be slower at the weight class, less gas, older and past his prime....
Seeing Jones KTFO on the floor would be quite something.
I pray this occurs. Although, Jones is a master of not getting hit and has a great chin. Age wont be a real factor, they will be around the same age. People make these claims that Gane has no ground game. Thats rubbish. He got taken down by Francis who is that powerful he could take anyone down and had clearly made grappling progress. I find it highly unlikely that Jones takes Gane down easily. My conclusion is that Gane wins the fight standing by decision. Jones arguably lost to Reyes and struggled with santos.

He says it plain as day that a shorter guy throwing punching from below him was one of his weaknesses.

And GSP doesn't drink at all. Yes he does have alcohol sponsors but he just promotes for them. He doesn't drink himself.

He said it somewhere else, these guys always change their stories, he definitely said he didn't train properly for the first fight and partied instead, I'm not going to find the small clip of him saying it though

Back