Is anyone picking cejudo over merab?

Jinx_AA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Honest question … is anyone picking Henry over Merab?

I actually like the king of cringe and respect Olympic athletes on a different level ….

But …. Merab seems like the lock of a lifetime to me !

I’m putting all personal feelings and likes aside …. Because god knows I had next level hate for Merab a few years ago after some of his “Aldo performances” …. But I think he dominates this fight and makes it look easy and retires henry .

Too much volume /pace /cardio …. And his wrestling will be more than enough … if sterling could outwrestle and outstrike Henry - so can Merab to a clearer extent imo …. I cnat see a 37 yr old Henry having any advantage in any area …

Am I crazy ? Anyone picking Henry ?
I’m gunna throw a 1000 on Merab (I place bet tickets in betting forum)

I thought Cejudo is a better wrestler than Merab.

Tough call - 50/

Sterling out wrestled Henry …. Hes 37 now …

I think Merab is better than Sterling everywhere … other than maybe backpacking … but straight wrestling id favor Merab

Just can’t see Henry getting anything going here

Yeah but Merab is able to apply it better in MMA than he is. Especially now. He's younger,mixes his strikes very well,and is def going to have better cardio.

I've always said, if you're tryin' to progress at the highest level and you base yourself out of Vegas, you should probably train at Xtreme Couture. I follow Xtreme Couture and Syndicate MMA (Cause I love Jordan Leavitt and he just switched) and it seems to me that Merab is training at Syndicate since he's in most of their pictures. Which means he's got np being the best guy in the room, which isn't always good. (Did him and Aljo just move to Vegas? I can't tell, even after asking chat gpt, but I think they might've)

I'm a huge fan of Cejudo, so that gives me confidence that Henry might be able to get the job done. However, I bet the house on him in his last fight and tbh, I knew we lost before the scorecards were read. That Henry didn't look good at all to me, idgaf what a random person, whose scorecard mattered, thought. Henry clearly lost that fight and I thought he looked like horse$h1t. Tbh, I would've felt terrible cashing in that ticket, even though it could've bought me a car. So, as a loyal person, I still love Henry, but I can't pick him to win this one. (Even though he might be a better striker)

Last edited:
If Merab comes to the cage in Sean’s jacket it’ll be easypeasy. If not, expect the ref to be swigging beers and smoking cigs between rounds.

Honest question … is anyone picking Henry over Merab?

I actually like the king of cringe and respect Olympic athletes on a different level ….

But …. Merab seems like the lock of a lifetime to me !

I’m putting all personal feelings and likes aside …. Because god knows I had next level hate for Merab a few years ago after some of his “Aldo performances” …. But I think he dominates this fight and makes it look easy and retires henry .

Too much volume /pace /cardio …. And his wrestling will be more than enough … if sterling could outwrestle and outstrike Henry - so can Merab to a clearer extent imo …. I cnat see a 37 yr old Henry having any advantage in any area …

Am I crazy ? Anyone picking Henry ?
I’m gunna throw a 1000 on Merab (I place bet tickets in betting forum)

I do think Merab gets it done... but I think it's close. Merab isn't great at damaging people while controlling them as well, he's also not much of a submission grappler.

Merab's striling is also way worse than Cejudo, could he control Cejudo enough to win the rounds? Maybe, Cejudo is very good at getting up and very hard to take down, I just can't see Merab controlling him.

Also, Aljo has way better striking than Merab, Merab has atrocious striking.

Sterling out wrestled Henry …. Hes 37 now …

I think Merab is better than Sterling everywhere … other than maybe backpacking … but straight wrestling id favor Merab

Just can’t see Henry getting anything going here

I thought the grappling was pretty even between Cejudo and Aljo, Aljo landed way more volume on the feet though.
Merab might be a better wrestler than Aljo, but he's not a better grappler.

Pro Cejudo

Cejudo had major problems with Sterlings weight, height, reach advantage
Cejudo 5'4 with a 64 reach vs Sterling 5'7 with a 71 reach, 7 inches at that weight class is massive

Merab won't have that big of an advantage, nor the footwork to use it
5'6 68 reach

Con Cejudo:
He is super old for the division, 37 at 135 is like worse than Stipe at heavyweight

Overall:
Cejudo has the better wrestling, Merab youth and size, should cancel each other out.

Younger Cejudo would outpoint him on the feet. Old Man Cejudo dunno

I do think Merab gets it done... but I think it's close. Merab isn't great at damaging people while controlling them as well, he's also not much of a submission grappler.

Merab's striling is also way worse than Cejudo, could he control Cejudo enough to win the rounds? Maybe, Cejudo is very good at getting up and very hard to take down, I just can't see Merab controlling him.

Also, Aljo has way better striking than Merab, Merab has atrocious striking.
I strongly but respectfully disagree… I think Merab has better wrestling and better hands then Aljo personally - and I think his pace is even harder to deal with

Can’t see current 37 yr old cejudo being better anywhere

You really thought Merab v Yan was a snore fest??? That fight was awesome. I see no reason to think that this fight will be bad. If anything we will probably see some great scrambles and grappling.
It was for sure a ton of scrambles. Endless scrambles. Infinite scrambles. I expect infinite more in this upcoming ad infinitum scramble-fest.

If that is your thing, then enjoy bro.

CCC kept it close against Sterling for his rusty return. Cejudo age a factor but he is a clever tough all around fighter . CCC could win by outstriking and denying TDs. Stalemate pins on the fence do not score points for Merab. But if Merab gets him down then Henry chances decline. Routing for CCC but recognize he is older and Merab a boulder.

You really thought Merab v Yan was a snore fest??? That fight was awesome. I see no reason to think that this fight will be bad. If anything we will probably see some great scrambles and grappling.
Merab vs Yan was one of the worst fights of all time

Back