Is anyone picking cejudo over merab?

Cejudo will grind out Merab for a decision. Cejudo goes to a split decision with the champ after 3 years off and now he's washed up lol.

He's washed (well, past-prime, really -- "washed" suggests something else) because he's a 37-year-old Bantamweight who had his best success at Flyweight.

I don't see Cejudo grinding out Merab. If anything I see it going the other way. I think Merab will fight him in a similar way that he fought Yan.

sure whatever

Merab isn't going to out wrestle Henry. He doesn't have the control to keep him down anyways. They will probably trade takedowns.

Merab doesn’t even have to hurt anyone. He quite literally pressures and shoots takedowns forever. His Yan performance showed more wrinkles in his game. Aldo faced absolutely zero damage but was held against cage for 15 minutes. Merabs unending cardio will destroy any title aspirations unless he gets flatlined, which Cory and Sean can do.

Funnily enough, I am and I'm surprised no one else is. Sure Cejudo is 37 however his talent and skill isn't something that deteriorates with age. He arguably beat the BW GOAT after 3 years coming off the couch and took later rounds off of him. I don't get what Merab has done to seem so unbeatable. Like I've seriously heard people saying he'd "destroy OMalley" though he's yet to destroy anyone outside the ghost of Marlon Moraes who he was seconds away from being starched by. I think people overrate his performance against Yan. Yan has proven time and time again that his style has more holes than Swiss cheese and will likely lose to Yadong and its not like Merab did anything other than relentlessly spam telegraphed takedowns in that fight. There's no evidence to suggest he could do the same evidence to Cejudo while there being all the evidence vice versa could happen.
As a Triple C fan I agree with what you say but Merab puts on a pace like no one else has in that division. He beats people with pace and keeping superior technique as the opponoent tires. If Triple C can figure out a way to force a lot of clinches against the fence early he can wear down Merab’s cardio possibly. Triple C also needs to throw combination punches and finish with a calf kick to avoid getting taken down while attacking his legs. Triple C needs to sap the energy of Merab early and control him or he will have difficulty in the later rounds.

55/45 Cejudo

watch more fights.
I watch almost every card top to bottom “ Rocky “ …..Fight was awful…. Half the comments are saying how awful Merab is to watch ….but you’re the “ real “ fan ….sad

Anything besides Merab beating him up brutally, is bad for MMA.

imho

I view it as a close fight. I think Merab wins but I don't think he'll be able to ragdoll Cejudo like he does other folks. Cejudo has strong wrestling. I do think that Merab will outwrestle Cejudo though, as I feel he has superior MMA wrestling. The cardio will be a tough one; I don't recall seeing Cejudo lose via cardio, but he is 37, so perhaps it will happen.

I watch almost every card top to bottom “ Rocky “ …..Fight was awful…. Half the comments are saying how awful Merab is to watch ….but you’re the “ real “ fan ….sad
Cmon now… worst fight ever? You didn’t watch rose vs Carla? You never seen quarry vs Starnes? You never watched woodley vs Maia? Or even woodley vs Thompson 2?

Cmon I can name like a dozen worse fights easily. I could name at least 5 title fights that are worse. It was a boring fight I’d not watch it again but worst ever?….. cmon. I know it’s hyperbole, but it wasn’t a worst fight ever candidate

One of the
Cmon now… worst fight ever? You didn’t watch rose vs Carla? You never seen quarry vs Starnes? You never watched woodley vs Maia? Or even woodley vs Thompson 2?

Cmon I can name like a dozen worse fights easily. I could name at least 5 title fights that are worse. It was a boring fight I’d not watch it again but worst ever?….. cmon. I know it’s hyperbole, but it wasn’t a worst fight ever candidate
One of the worst fights ever ….i turned it off in last round ….Merab was humping Yan leg all night ……worst fight ever is Kimo vs Severn imo

If that's how you feel i wont question it but i think it's a bit extreme.

Yeah I don't get the hate for it. Merab was shooting a lot of failed takedowns and forcing constant scrambles, sure. But people seem to forget that he was legitimately outstriking Yan in between all of that in pretty much every round. It was a fairly high-paced fight and I didn't find myself bored at all while watching it.

Merab vs. Aldo was far more unwatchable IMO.

I think he probably looses a decision unless he can find a knockout, and that’s pretty unlikely

Back