Is Band of Brothers overrated?

Ts is obviously bored. Or trolling.

How do you attempt to judge a mini series (a highly rated one) on one character in the first episode?

Fun fact: all of the outdoor, wintry Bastogne scenes were filmed in an aircraft hangar. Source: I had the series on DVD when I was like 14 and it had some awesome extra features.
So epic .. trees being blasted like that was so well done

Great show.
And like in the show, you sometimes have people who aren't suited for it in positions of power in the military. In fact, I'd say it is rare to find a unit that doesn't have at least one somewhere in the chain of command.
Think about your job, are all managers created equal?

Yeah a bit. Maybe my expectations were too high. Didn't really have any sort of new twist or perspectives. But really well done.

Not overrated, great miniseries. And Ross from friends was cast very well.

i love band of brothers i got the box set adorning my office

Watching for the first time I'm only on the first episode but wtf is Ross from Friends doing trying to be some tough drill seargant? They didnt really cast David Schwimmer for this did they? It's not giving me a lot of faith that its as good as ppl say it is...

Schwimmer is supposed to awkward and unlikeable. Yes it is weird at first, but it works

It was good. Kind of hard to watch it twice for some reason.

Great show.
And like in the show, you sometimes have people who aren't suited for it in positions of power in the military. In fact, I'd say it is rare to find a unit that doesn't have at least one somewhere in the chain of command.
Think about your job, are all managers created equal?

With the scope of WW2 where most of the soldiers were not really career military men, but regular men drafted or volunteering I wonder if that problem was not even bigger than normal. I guess you are putting a lot of unqualified people in charge of a whole bunch newbies.

Back