Is Cerrone a HOF candidate?

Definetly. If you like fights you gotta like seeing Papa Don in there.

No. But he will be because the ufc hof is a joke

No. You have to at least hold a title for a while to HOF in my opinion. He is a good and not a great fighter. I get that he goes balls out and is exciting, but I still think the HOF should be the greatest fighters, not the ones who gave the fans the most CTE excitement.

Otherwise, Diego Sanchez should be in it, and that would be silly. Cerrone was always a competitive fighter, but never the best at ANY time.

Diego Sanchez is almost certainly going to end up in the HoF.

Wtf.

The HoF being a list of former champions is silly. Fighters can do a lot for the sport and the fans without ever winning a title.

Sanchez will likely be in the HOF dude... He was the wiiner of TUF 1.
He would have to spend a lot of time kissing Dana's ass to get that. The epic fight that got Griffin in after TUF did a whole lot to boost UFC into the mainstream, the same can't be said of Diego. Plus, Griffin won the title. Diego won TUF and then became a punching bag; I doubt he makes it. There are so many better fighters that did more for the sport.

Diego Sanchez is almost certainly going to end up in the HoF.

Wtf.

The HoF being a list of former champions is silly. Fighters can do a lot for the sport and the fans without ever winning a title.
And bludgeoning many fighter's fists with his face is doing a lot for the sport? I don't think so. The vast majority were either pioneers or champs. Diego was neither, unless you were a TUF noob.

And bludgeoning many fighter's fists with his face is doing a lot for the sport? I don't think so. The vast majority were either pioneers or champs. Diego was neither, unless you were a TUF noob.

Considering I was like 14 when Spike TV came along and actually had most of my early exposure to the sport through the first season? Yeah. "TUF noob" isn't really an insult nearly 15 years later, bud.

YES.

fighter like Cerrone is the reason why we have something like HOF

Considering I was like 14 when Spike TV came along and actually had most of my early exposure to the sport through the first season? Yeah. "TUF noob" isn't really an insult nearly 15 years later, bud.
I didn't mean it as an insult, I was saying those would be the people who he made an impression with.

I didn't mean it as an insult, I was saying those would be the people who he made an impression with.

He was one of the first two TUF winners and had a very long career as a perennial fan favorite action fighter. It wouldn't be insulting for anyone to have him in the HoF.

As for Cerrone, there is definitely a place in the HoF for the guy with the most wins and finishes in company history.

How is this even a question? Of course.

He should not be imo. Guys like Cerrone should just miss the cut. The UFC HoF has lwoer standards than in other sports, so he should make it in easily.

I would say that in all of the major sports, baseball, football, and basketball, the competitor with the most victories in the history of the league is usually considered a lock for the hall of fame.

I would say that in all of the major sports, baseball, football, and basketball, the competitor with the most victories in the history of the league is usually considered a lock for the hall of fame.
Apples to oranges. In most major sports, level of competition over a career evens out. Cerrone has some great names and wins on his resume, but he's lost most of his biggest fights.

I think he deserves it. Still blows my mind that Frank isn't in it yet though

I personally don't much like him, and there are better fighters who won't make it... but that's not all that the HOF is about.

In most sports, if you hold the record for the most wins, you're in the HOF. Add to that the record for the most finishes, and it's hard to see how you don't put him in.

Back