Is Cerrone a HOF candidate?

If Stephan Bonner is in the HOF Donald FUCKING Cerrone better be too

Since it's not the NFL... Where u have to win a title basically to be in yes. He had so many records and is a better fighter that some others in the hall.

In other news, will the Sun Rise tomorrow?

Yes, says Ja Rule...

Holds record for most UFC wins.
Notable wins over champions Eddie Alvarez and Benson Henderson along with solid wins over
Mike Goat Perry, Jim Miller, Edson Barboza

I know some will disagree but I thought he beat Bendo in there third fight. Front leg side kicks don't count for shit in my book. Meaningful strikes Donald outfought him.

YES!

Notable wins over champions Eddie Alvarez and Benson Henderson along with solid wins over

I know some will disagree but I thought he beat Bendo in there third fight. Front leg side kicks don't count for shit in my book. Meaningful strikes Donald outfought him.

Yeah the 20+wins probably does it. If he got a belt it would be more secure but I think he's got it. Especially if he keeps the record for awhile. He's going to need to fight often to hold off Jones though.

Problem is putting him in the HOF without a belt cause he won 20+fights would give Maia a case. There is no way Maia gets in after the Abu Dhabi thing. Then again maybe I'm wrong. Got to put some separation there hit 25 or 30.

I get your point. I can see that level threshold, I could also a lower level of threshold. Didn’t bonnar make the HOF?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Hall_of_Fame
Bonnar isn’t in but the fight with Forrest is.
All of the fighters in the “modern” wing we’re champs. I’m not sure why they pick them though when Rousey,Bisping, and Faber are in but not GSP ,Mir, or Franklin. I’m a little fuzzy on the criteria to get in.

If Stephan Bonner is in the HOF Donald FUCKING Cerrone better be too

They took Bonnar out though when no one was paying attention. He's not in as an individual anymore. Not sure if they were always going to do that, or realized that was the right thing to do but they did it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Hall_of_Fame
Bonnar isn’t in but the fight with Forrest is.
All of the fighters in the “modern” wing we’re champs. I’m not sure why they pick them though when Rousey,Bisping, and Faber are in but not GSP ,Mir, or Franklin. I’m a little fuzzy on the criteria to get in.

Bonnar was def inducted on the day it happened. He had the plaque that said Stepehn Bonnar same as Forrest's etc. They changed it sometime after that. They didn't make a big fuss about it though.

Yeah, with all the records Cowboy holds and how active he's been for him not to end up in the HOF just because he never (most likely unfortunately) got his hands on the gold would be absurd.

Nah i dont think so.. only having the most fights,wins ect dont make a hof'er. Its all about how many bottles of liquor u sell obviously.. guys like cowboy dont have that kinda talent.

Yes.

But.

There’s a lot of people before him.

But yes.

I think your question deserves to be in the HOF of most ridiculous questions ever asked.

Even without a belt, absolutely. It’s insane how long he’s been a top fighter.

People put too much stock into titles or being the #1, even if you're a flash in the pan. Cerrone's resume is better than quite a few former title holders, including at lightweight. Renan Barao was once universally recognised as the best fighter in his division, if not the world. It ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I respect the points you and @fallable are making. For me, pretty much anyone getting in should have been a champ or at least fought in multiple title fights. At pretty much any time in Cerrone's career there were at least five or six guys in his division better than he was. He's entertaining, fights often, and has earned his sport as a crowd favorite. But he isn't one of the all time best.

Even in a young organization?

If that’s the case, the UFC shouldnt even have a Hall of Fame by this point.

Are you on crack? He's a shoe in at this point.

By all accounts, Cowboy is motivated to get the belt. He's been grinding in WEC/UFC for a decade. Just fighting to fight. To entertain. But the new Cowboy is different. He wants to win. He needs to win.

And with 40 seconds left in a dominating performance over an opponent ranked in the top 5, he gave everything he had left to try and finish Al. Putting himself in massive danger. All he knows is finishing. Whether he's getting the finish or getting finished. After 47 fights. 36 years old with the most active schedule in MMA.

He's a treasure to the sport and it's mind boggling how anyone can dislike him. Also a sure fire HOF'er if any fighter is a sure fire HOF'er.

He and Maia probably the 2 most accomplished non champions in UFC history.

In the ufc, he's the perfect candidate

Back