Is Conor the best MMA boxer of all time?

For me he is.

I don't think anyone in the history of MMA could have faired, as well as he did, against Mayweather.

What??? Hell no...he doesnt even really use boxing technique lmao..some of the best strikes ive seen him land are kicks..

GTFO mcnuthugger detected

LOL hell no. Conor fanboys are drunk on his whiskey and high on his hype.

Conor is a very good striker, but no way is he even the best striker nor the best boxer. No "best boxer" would've suffered multiple pimp slaps from "not best boxer" Diaz.

Why, WHY do we need to get these stupid threads every day? I hope Kalabeeb mails him but even if that happens im sure there will be excuses like ring rust or whatever.

You said MMA history.

But if we're talking 155ers, Nate would have done better.

Don't think Nate would've got finished.
Nate would've "maybe lasted longer," but he would've gotten embarrassed, and had zero success, let alone be able to counter Floyd consistently like Conor was.

I think the Diaz brothers are better boxers than Conor...

Established boxers recognize their talent...

Now ask those same boxers their opinions on Conor, and they will tell you Conor is the better boxer, and the best boxer in MMA

You do realise that Ward is also just a friend of the Diaz brothers too right?

Nate made him panic wrestle. The end.

so you do realise that diaz rocked conor on the feet with a simple boxing combination? Leading to conor shooting a takedown as a way of getting out of the fight? conor was fucked after that punch, nothing mayweather threw hurt him like that. next fight he hot diaz with everything he had and still ended up under diaz getting smashed at the end of the fight

conor has talent but all you are telling us in this thread is you cant get enough of his yummy manlet dick

Nate boxed him up twice so no. I guess Nate is.

You 3 are clearly trolling

Even in the first fight Conor was out-boxing the shit out of Nate until the very last minute.

You talk about how Nate "caught" Conor with a "simple combination"

Earlier in the fight when Conor was fresh Conor was COUNTERING that same combination
30viqgm.gif

To even say "simple combination" shows how clueless you are about boxing

"All Floyd does is land right leads vs southpaws. Guess he's not that great, because it's simple"

Nate's 1-2 has gotten everyone he's fought on the feet.

Conor hitting that inside slip to overhand counter on Nate while making BOTH of his 1-2 shots miss, IS incredible and some of the best display of countering we have ever seen in MMA

Conor gassed and got caught late in the fight. Nate won. Good on him.

Here is what happened in the rematch when Conor had time and a full camp to actually prepare for Nate

@Shaddows cough @horc00 cough cough

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Conor OUTCLASSED a full camp Nate

Conor is a FAR SUPERIOR boxer to Nate

They have fought for a total of about 34 minutes and Conor has won about 30 of those minutes

In both fights Conor has always outclassed Nate. Nate's size and chin is the only reason he's able to hang with Conor

Btw, I love how no one wants to give Conor credit for outboxing a Nate Diaz who was 2 weight classes bigger

Conor the career FW is the only one to ever outbox Nate in MMA

A testament to Conor's goatness

There isn't any one in MMA on Conor's level in boxing and or in striking

Last edited:
Probably so but it's just that his cardio is so bad, it sort of diminishes his other skill sets. People say Nate outboxed him, but any reasonable thinker could clearly see conor pieces Nate up until he gets tired. I have a feeling Diaz would get knocked out at 155 too

George Foreman

Klitschko

SRL

Errol Spence

Amir Khan

GGG

And there's even more I can link. You want me to keep going?

All of them praising Conor's boxing skill and or his performance against Floyd

But i'm sure that you a random poster on the internet knows way more about boxing then all those actual boxing champs and hall of famers

Conor is without a doubt the best boxer and striker in MMA history

To even claim other wise is like saying water is not wet

Woah calm down now. Boxer is debatable and that's fine it makes for a fun debate. But striker??? LMAO! Crocop, Hunt, Schilt, Anderson, Asante are all better strikers with actual professional Kickboxing accomplishments.

Conor would have been crushed in his weight class in K1 Max. There have been several top K1 fighters who have fought in the UFC. Under Kickboxing or Muay Thai rules its impossible to believe any MMA would be a favorite in a striking only Match vs Semmy Schilt. The guy in his prime was as close to unbeatable as a HW Kickboxer ever was. I bring up K1 Max as Conor would have never fought those HW beasts in a kickboxing match. However, imagining him vs Petrosyan, Buakaw, Kraus, Masato, Sauer just to name a few would end in defeat for Mcgregor. All of the top guys in K1 Max could box as good or better than Conor and all were better kickers.

James Toney is the best MMA boxer of all time TS. Conor is vastly overrated by his casual fanbase.

Rampage? Nate Diaz? Nick Diaz? Marcus Davis? Rumble? Anderson Silva? Joe Duffy? Holly Holm? Stipe? I could go on. I could go on and on and on.

Conor is a good striker. He is not the best boxer in MMA.
This is getting sad

So MMA boxers who have already been out struck, out boxed, and knocked out in MMA, are better boxers/strikers then Conor, whos never even been simply dropped in his life?

Conor is the only one whos actually out classed and dismantled other legit elite strikers, and hes never even been dropped once in his life while doing so

This thread really is embarrassing

"The UNeducated eye can not comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

Last edited:
Lol you know nothing about boxing.

Nate would've "maybe lasted longer," but he would've gotten embarrassed, and had zero success, let alone be able to counter Floyd consistently like Conor was.

Conor didn't even land 1 clean punch.

Well he did land 1, but he took one to give it.

The uppercut wasn't even a clean punch.

He isn't. if he were he would have done better against floyd and he got humbled. i rate Andy silva and Nate over Mcg anytime. If Andre Ward said the Diaz bros are really good boxers take his word for granted.
Goodness, this thread is becoming terrible

"should've done better against Floyd"

Also funny how now everyone is a better boxer then Conor.

People who have already been knocked out multiple times are better then Conor when Conor has never even been dropped in his life

3ornkb8JBVY4WnccNy.gif

Sherdog clowns Bisping all the time yet for some reason Anderson never gets any shit for being the only "striker" who Bisping ever outclassed on the feet lol

Weidman-KOs-Silva.gif

Anderson is and never was on Conor's level. Anderson couldn't even dream of being as skilled of a boxer and counter puncher as Conor is

Conor actually out strikes, out boxes and counters, other elite strikers

And if you think Nate is the best boxer in MMA then YOU HAVE to put Conor as the best in MMA because Conor while being 2 weight classes smaller then Nate OUTCLASSED and outboxed a full camp Nate

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

This thread just proves to me what's always been said

"People can't appreciate Conor's greatness because they don't even know fighting and don't understand what they are watching"

Only on sherdog is everyone under the sun better then Conor and would beat Conor.

This thread PROVES that Conor is the most criminally under rated and under appreviated fighter in MMA

Just look at this post below for more proof

KJ Noons would smash his face in boxing wise. Not to mention guys like Lil Nog who went to the Pan-Am Games for boxing (finished 3rd iirc) or guys like Mirko who were much better punchers than Conor.
Just a complete YIKES all around

KJ Noons who was knocked out by Crazy Horse LMAO

Meanwhile Conor actually dismantles other elite strikers like Holloway etc

This is how delusional the average Conor hater really is

This thread has truly become nothing but a cesspool of shit

Lil Nog? LOL. Brazil has an absolute shit boxing team. Lil Nog wouldn't even be golden gloves calibre in the US.

Conor came from the historic world renouned Crumlim club of Ireland. Ireland is one of the greatest boxing nations on earth and has produced more Olympic medals in boxing than any other nation besides the US/Russia/Cuba

Conor was an actual legit highly.regarded boxing amataure.

You even have the nerve to say Cro Cop lmao

Cro Cop has been knocked out in MMA by MMA strikers multiple times

It goes back to what I said earlier

People are either so blinded by hate or so ignorant to fighting they are listing strikers who have all been out struck or knocked out, as better boxers then Conor, when Conor is the only one.who's never been so much as dropped while actually out classing other legit elite strikers

It needs to be said again

"The UNeducated eye can not comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

This thread is the ultimate proof

Thoughts my brother @That209

Last edited:
It's funny that people think Conor was ever actually in that fight with Mayweather. When, in reality, all that happened was Mayweather was just toying with Conor and letting him gas himself out to draw out the fight.

That's Floyd's second hand man Nate Jones. He's been with Floyd for all of his career and holds pads for him.

"I knew McGregor was going to be a problem....because I seen him one day, i seen his work, and I'm like, man he's kind of rangey. His length. And his gamey-ness. I knew he could be a problem, and in the beginning of the fight he did give Floyd problems."

"We seen him(Conor) draining, and we knew just to push the button. I thought Conor fought a VERY GOOD fight. Much better then I kinda expected. But i was kinda thinking both ways about the fight"

MYTH DEBUNKED

Those closest to Floyd, who were apart of his training, apart of the fight, and apart of the gameplan, themselves all said that they knew Conor was going to be a problem, that Conor put up a great performance, and that Floyd had to fight hard to overcome/adjust/start pushing Conor's buttons etc

There's a reason why it's only MMA fans who know nothing about boxing who are the ones always discrediting Conor's performance against Floyd and making excuses for Floyd

Yet Floyd's own team gives Conor credit

Yet it's the actual boxing community - those who actually know boxing, who are always praising Conor's boxing skill and his performance against Floyd

100% Conor is

2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

IndelibleAmbitiousFish-size_restricted.gif

AlertJubilantBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif

Not even hall of fame boxers managed to do as great against Floyd as Conor did, and yet Conor was the "0-0 boxer"

Let alone would any MMA fighter regardless of weight class ever be able to have just 2% of the same success Conor had against Floyd

Conor is without a doubt the greatest most skilled boxer and defensive based counter punching wizard MMA history has ever seen at the championship level

And it's not even close.

Anyone saying otherwise is either insanely blinded by hate, doesn't know anything about fighting, or is all of the above

@Arm Barbarian
@That209
@MescalineDreams
@markg171

Sorry but you're delusional, it's no secret Floyd let Conor tire himself out and dragged the fight out to make it entertaining. Conor landed some good shots that surprised Floyd and to the surprise of many won a few rounds, but at in no point was he ever worried about Conor. Someone like Alvarez absolutely demolishes Conor in boxing, he would get seriously hurt. Floyd was toying with a good level amateur in that performance. Look at Floyds body language between rounds, he couldn't be anymore confident.

100% Conor is

2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif

Not even hall of fame boxers managed to do as great against Floyd as Conor did, and yet Conor was the "0-0 boxer"

Let alone would any MMA fighter regardless of weight class ever be able to have just 2% of the same success Conor had against Floyd

Conor is without a doubt the greatest most skilled boxer and defensive based counter punching wizard MMA history has ever seen at the championship level

And it's not even close.

Anyone saying otherwise is either insanely blinded by hate, doesn't know anything about fighting, or is all of the above

@Arm Barbarian
@That209
@MescalineDreams
@markg171

Sorry but you're delusional, it's no secret Floyd let Conor tire himself out and dragged the fight out to make it entertaining. Conor landed some good shots that surprised Floyd and to the surprise of many won a few rounds, but at in no point was he ever worried about Conor. Someone like Alvarez absolutely demolishes Conor in boxing, he would get seriously hurt. Floyd was toying with a good level amateur in that performance. Look at Floyds body language between rounds, he couldn't be anymore confident.

For me he is.

I don't think anyone in the history of MMA could have faired, as well as he did, against Mayweather.
I mean , im not I00% confident but with gloves if i kept my hands up i could probably the rounds where floyd threw 10 strikes.

Lawler if he could get his weight down. Imagine 12th round Lawler if he made it there and trained for it.
JDS and Stipe also have crisp boxing but they're to big.

LOL
Sorry, but that's a pathetic excuse.

Floyd carried Conor for 8 rounds.
Then ended the fight on the 9th.

Claiming that surviving a retired boxer means he is the best is just as stupid an excuse as it can get.

Miocic (just to pick one) was golden glove boxing champion.

here, from wiki (don't have time to find better place: 'After only eight months of training with a background of being a Cleveland Golden Gloves boxing champion (reaching quarter-final in the nationals), and NCAA Division I wrestler at Cleveland State, Miocic began his MMA career by winning his first six fights by knockout. He initially fought for NAAFS (an Ohio-based MMA promotion), where he won the NAAFS Heavyweight Championship."

This shit alone is way more than what Conor did @ Boxing. And there are plenty more fighters like that in MMA

You don't think Conor could go and win a golden gloves today? lol

100% Conor is

2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif

And it's not even close.

@Arm Barbarian
@That209
@MescalineDreams
@markg171
I think he literally landed 1 legal strike in all those gifs lol awful examples

Back