Is Florida really a toilet?

Too many different types

You got white trash

You got jocks college football fantastic wannabes

You got retired old worthless golfing type old white people

And then you have the whole Miami wannabe Cuban Latin pitbull Puerto Rican south beach fake asses and steroid junkies up in the clubs.

There’s a jersey shore reunion coming up in Miami that’s all you need to know.

Was talking to my 2nd wife about it the other day. She's looking to buy a house near Boca Raton. Price of the House itself didn't seem outrageous compared to Houston, but the HOA was $650 per Month! $7800 per year, just for HOA! Their property and School tax were higher, as well insurance.

That's probably a gated community with a golf course. School taxes aren't that high at all. If they're higher than where you live now, you must be paying no school tax at all.

The world is my toilet, and the toilet is my world.

Florida is very diverse. My friend is an officer stationed at NAS Jacksonville. He loves it there. I prefer Pensacola close to Alabama

I've never been to Florida, and I've only interacted with a couple of people from down there. The last one being a lady who was heavily under the influence of alcohol and made a wrong turn and wound up at an international border.

After she was arrested and sobered up a bit, the only thing she regretted was making a wrong turn and getting caught, not driving while drunk.

I'm well aware that there are drunk drivers everywhere who don't give a fuck, but with my limited interactions with floridians, and the stereotype of it being a gong show, this didn't help.

Counting down the day till I move to Clearwater. All the interesting/crazy stuff is just a positive. as long as my immediate neighbors aren't insane who cares.

I absolutely love being able to walk out to a creek and not know if I will see a released wild boa, alligator, etc. The wildlife is fascinating. I also prefer it to be 90+ degrees every day of the year. Also love storms.

Clearwater is scientology central.
If you're not one of them, be prepared to have to deal with those people.

When i went over to florida years ago i was warned to stay away from downtown orlando. I didnt listen. Wasnt as bad as he was saying.

What? Sure, their headquarters is there, but you don't go running into them on a daily basis. I've never even had someone tell me they are a Scientologist ever.

I don’t think it’s as bad as people make it out to be. Part of the reason it seems that way is because you always hear about every fucked up thing that happens there. And that’s because, if I remember correctly, their police departments are unusually transparent in allowing the public access to their reports.

I've been to Clearwater 30+ times and its never came up once.

I've actually never had any interaction of any kind with any weirdos at all.

I must've had bad luck when i was in clearwater.
Apparently they were having one of their meetings, and they were everywhere, backing up traffic.

their police departments are unusually transparent in allowing the public access to their reports.]

^^ That's
something that's always overlooked in Florida news threads.

It has its good areas and it's bad parts. Sunny Isles Beach, Naples, West Palm, are all great areas and extremely diverse.

The hurricanes and the humidity suck but there's also no state income tax, reasonable cost of living and so on. It's not the best state or the worst, it's middle of the pack. There are definitely far worse states than this one.

I blame it all on the A-hole Rabbit... He gave the whole state a bad name

Florida has a terrible rap. Bizarre crimes are constantly happening there, they were recently voted worst place to live, and they seem to always be the but of the joke.

I've only been once and that was Miami for a week and i flew out of ft Lauderdale. I could never live in Miami but I doubt that's a good representation of the state.

I ask because it sounds like a great state on paper. No state income tax, low property tax, and my entire state goes there to retire. (Ny)

So which is it bros? Shit hole or promise land ?

Also where are best areas ? Criteria is lowest crime. Near the ocean. Most tolerable weather. Decent assortment of restaurants and stores. Least amount of tourists the better

Wife and I would literally save 25-30k per year there. Cash. In our pocket.
I lived in FL from 0-24 years old moved for work. I've lived in almost every area from Daytona, Orlando, Tampa, Boca Raton, Jupiter and Pensacola.

Jupiter has the best beach in FL IMO and it's the classiest. Currently It's free to park and you can bring your dog off leash, if voice commandable. Most of FL you have to pay to park or you can't bring your dog.

Warning some parts of FL SUCK and you wouldn't expect it. The golf of Mexico Sucks you can't even swim in most parts, parts of the Atlantic Ocean are much better.

Also Inland FL sucks imo nothing really to do.

Also be aware Cops are hounds in FL. I've gotten several seatbelt tickets (100 a pop) and a speeding ticket 4 mph over

Good spots, bad spots. Anyplace inland is horrific and so are the towns in between the big cities. Just stay the fuck away from inland Florida unless you have neck tattoos or a kid at age 17.
Mosquito and gator country, too humid a lot of the time to enjoy the outdoors

^^ That's
something that's always overlooked in Florida news threads.

It has its good areas and it's bad parts. Sunny Isles Beach, Naples, West Palm, are all great areas and extremely diverse.

The hurricanes and the humidity suck but there's also no state income tax, reasonable cost of living and so on. It's not the best state or the worst, it's middle of the pack. There are definitely far worse states than this one.
Property tax is a b1tch though

Counting down the day till I move to Clearwater. All the interesting/crazy stuff is just a positive. as long as my immediate neighbors aren't insane who cares.

I absolutely love being able to walk out to a creek and not know if I will see a released wild boa, alligator, etc. The wildlife is fascinating. I also prefer it to be 90+ degrees every day of the year. Also love storms.
Clearwater is meh Atlantic Ocean is much better man.

Clearwater has no waves and worse fishing

I lived in FL from 0-24 years old moved for work. I've lived in almost every area from Daytona, Orlando, Tampa, Boca Raton, Jupiter and Pensacola.

Jupiter has the best beach in FL IMO and it's the classiest. Currently It's free to park and you can bring your dog off leash, if voice commandable. Most of FL you have to pay to park or you can't bring your dog.

Warning some parts of FL SUCK and you wouldn't expect it. The golf of Mexico Sucks you can't even swim in most parts, parts of the Atlantic Ocean are much better.

Also Inland FL sucks imo nothing really to do.

Also be aware Cops are hounds in FL. I've gotten several seatbelt tickets (100 a pop) and a speeding ticket 4 mph over

Mosquito and gator country, too humid a lot of the time to enjoy the outdoors
Lived on the panhandle for a minute. Destin has the best swimming beaches. I prefer St. Pete/Tampa to the other coast.

Florida has a terrible rap. Bizarre crimes are constantly happening there, they were recently voted worst place to live, and they seem to always be the but of the joke.

I've only been once and that was Miami for a week and i flew out of ft Lauderdale. I could never live in Miami but I doubt that's a good representation of the state.

I ask because it sounds like a great state on paper. No state income tax, low property tax, and my entire state goes there to retire. (Ny)

So which is it bros? Shit hole or promise land ?

Also where are best areas ? Criteria is lowest crime. Near the ocean. Most tolerable weather. Decent assortment of restaurants and stores. Least amount of tourists the better

Wife and I would literally save 25-30k per year there. Cash. In our pocket.
If you're going to pocket the extra cash then awesome I say go for it. Just be aware a geo-engineered storm can demolish your house during any given hurricane season. That's my personal set back from moving to south FL (Jupiter).

I was vacationing in August seeing Fanily and bang out of nowhere the gas stations are out of gas. No water on the shelves and people are panicking lol. Fuck that sh1t

I don’t think it’s as bad as people make it out to be. Part of the reason it seems that way is because you always hear about every fucked up thing that happens there. And that’s because, if I remember correctly, their police departments are unusually transparent in allowing the public access to their reports.

I've stayed in Pensacola many times at my friends house. I'd live there if I wasn't in Nola.

Back