Is Hollywood switching from Comic book movies, Star Wars, etc... to game and anime inspired movies?

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
The recent comic book movies both marvel and DC, Star Wars, Indiana Jones... IPs have been disappoints for years now. Flop after flop.. studios have lost a ton of money and have greatly damaged the once powerful movie icons.

With the success of the Mario movie, One Piece Live action on Netflix, The Last of Us, the upcoming Avatar live action, etc..

is this a sign of things to come?

Anime and videogames have fresh ideas that can refresh Hollywood movies. The comic books movies of the last 20 years have gone stale. It's almost the same story rehashed over and over, only with a different title/powers.

Its a sign of Garbage to come. I was dissapointed with that one piece series. Shit acting. And The last of us had some ugly mongoloid. Indiana Jones wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but Avatar water was shit.

And The last of us had some ugly mongoloid.

something-about-mary-in-this-crazy-world.gif

The good old days of wholesome movies and tv shows went out the window pre covid. Everything has went to shit since.

Who cares. No matter what they do it seems to suck like 90% of the time.

I actually recently seen 2 good looking trailers and they are both from old school directors.
Napolean and Ferrari by Ridley Scott & Michael Mann respectively.

Don't complicate things. Hollywood is simply looking to make whatever makes money. They follow trends because it's the safer bet to make money.

If they discover that people are into the 80s muscle-bound hero action movies again, then they'd make it.

The only reason superhero movies went to shit is because they went woke. As for what Hollywood will transition to, I don't know. But nothing is going to help them as long as they keep churning out abominable woke trash. Today is a few gems among an Everest-sized mountain of shit.

Crazy idea...
<Y2JSmirk>

What if they made up all new stories with new characters? And WROTE a new thing.

No, definitely not.

You're still gonna get more Fast & Furious sequels for the next 20 years.
And then a Harry Potter series remake or reboot with a new cast of child actors.

Move over Marvel, the Mattel Extended Universe isn't here to take part, its here to take over!

{<Mcgoat}

Also can't wait until Warner Bros/Legendary exploit the Dune Universe to the point they make movies of the Brian Herbert books.

Call of Duty is already money hungry as it is...

The only reason superhero movies went to shit is because they went woke. As for what Hollywood will transition to, I don't know. But nothing is going to help them as long as they keep churning out abominable woke trash. Today is a few gems among an Everest-sized mountain of shit.
They need to hire writers who actually have passion in writing. Not trust fund college grads who already think their writing is the best and all think the world needs to think just like them because they know better.

And stop hiring people’s kids who are already in the industry unless they actually prove themselves.

Probably but I don't think it will last as long as the superhero fad.

They have been doing videogame films since the 90s, no other franchise is as well known as Mario so I think thats the pinnacle box office already.

Back