Is Israel Adesanya one of the most fearless fighters?

Is Israel Adesanya one of the most fearless fighters?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look who he's fought in his MMA career.

Melvin Guillard
Marvin Vettori - 2x
Brad Tavares
Derek Brunson
Anderson Silva
Kelvin Gastelum
Robert Whittaker - 2x
Yoel Romero
Paulo Costa
Jan Blachowicz
Jarred Cannonier
Alex Pereira

The guy is absolutely fearless. Never ducked anyone and now fighting again his biggest rival who he's never beaten and could very well be the most feared fighter today in Poatan.

Mad respects to Adesanya.

16614447044012.jpg

He has a warrior mentality no doubt. It's hard to blame him for not facing too many aggressive wrestlers because quite frankly, outside of Brunson there really aren't many at MW (Yoel was never very agressive with TD's).

Facing Alex again is something he pretty much has to do though. Alex took his shine in Glory and now in the UFC and it's up to him to get it back.

His willingness to compete is great.

"Fearless" is good although people will bring up certain performances (like the Yoel fight for instance) and post the gif of him running.

I would say he's "competitive" and loves a challenge.

i don't think he's fearless in the ring, but you've gotta be some kind of brave to keep fighting a guy who's beaten you so many times.

EDIT: i'd also add that being fearless is not really a good thing. Mark Hunt was fearless and i've seen him do lots of things that were detrimental to his health. like when he just dropped his hands and stuck his chin out so Ray Sefo could drop bombs on him. i saw him do something similar vs Goodridge where he just stood there after beating Goodridge up and rocking him several times in the fight, allowed Goodridge to tee off on him throwing dozens of unanswered strikes.

the fear is what keeps you safe, the fear is what keeps you from getting hurt.

There are guys like Wanderlei who fought Cro Cop, Hunt etc and would literally have fought them all at the same time. Not saying Adesanya fears anyone, but he's by far not one of the most fearless fighters out there.

Back