Is Israel Adesanya one of the most fearless fighters?

Is Israel Adesanya one of the most fearless fighters?

• Total voters
He is not a real fighter. What he does is a sport. Real fighters are in the military dying for their country. MMA fighters are just pretenders.

He is not a real fighter. What he does is a sport. Real fighters are in the military dying for their country. MMA fighters are just pretenders.
Ehh... what a silly attitude. Just because there are people in the military no one else can be a real fighter? Two things can be true at the same time you know :)
Izzy has never ducked anyone, and in modern era he was one of the most active defending champions we have had.

He has stepped in to fight Alex Pereira fking 3 times already!... Have you seen that guy? That alone is proof that he is a true warrior.

War Izzy, lets gooo!

stylebender-goat-middleweight-champ-stylebender.gif

Everyone hates him because he likes anime or his personality is cringe or whatever. But he's taken all challengers and won most of the fights. I'll always be a fan win or lose in the rematch. So many inactive champs today or they are ducking by wanting the easy matches.

I think Overeem must be one of the most fearless fighters, dude doesn't care if he gets KTFO'D either he knocks the other out or gets knocked out

Dudes got balls of steel. He's always fighting top guys, active as hell, and tried moving up a weight class when he was running out of contenders at 185. Not to mention the huge risk of taking on a guy that has knocked him out twice, instead of just waiting for someone else to take him out before attempting to reclaim his belt.

<Dany07>
Don't sell yourself short my man.. you're a fighter too. Policing the english language and gatekeeping certain words is no easy task. Salute.

He does his job in fighting top competition... like many fighters
This take is so weak. Fighters are overall high on the fearless list, but as in all things there are levels.

There are a few fighters who will take on any challenge, but definitely not "many". Many duck competition, many cherry pick, and many avoid serious challenges. This is especially true once people become champions. Adesayna has consistently pursued the "toughest" and "scariest" fights. He has not blinked on any of them, including Perreira 1.

He is not a real fighter. What he does is a sport. Real fighters are in the military dying for politicians and ultra rich oil and money.
Fixed. And you are full of shit, btw.

Don't like his fighting style or his persona, but it's Nice (and nowadays rare) to have a champion that doesnt carefully pick the easiest contenders and stay active.
When i see other divisions, ppl stalling with the belt, picking washed journeymen as their next challenge, i can't just write Izzy off the list of great champions.

Tl;Dr - don't like him, but have big respect for Izzy.

There's a bit of confliction regarding Izzy and being fearless. He's fought all the top guys at MW, but seemed reluctant to fight Jones, opting for Jan instead. He was the most active modern champion, but he fights safe and scared often. He's a damn good fighter and a fierce competitor, but I personally don't see "most fearless" as a suitable title for him.

Yup - not "afraid" of anyone and knows his game is high enough to overcome most opponents. Fights frequently and tests himself constantly.

Like him as a person or not we need more "fearless activity". But hey lets all cheer for rank squatting, ducking and rematches!

<WhatItIs>

I don't think even his haters will accuse him of ducking fighters. Guy made it a point to fight Romero back when he had nothing to gain by it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back