Is it becoming necessary to hate Dana?

Nothing to do with your post, but are you a big fan of Mayans MC?
I tried but cannot get into it like I did SoA
Yeah I got the SoA feel the first episode. Maybe you're racist lol jk you're the 2nd to tell me they didn't like it..but not sure if they were just trolling me. I needed a new avatar so I was like whatever. It's hard to live up to SoA. Mayans needs more story lines..all they have so far is the Cartel stuff.

Yeah I got the SoA feel the first episode. Maybe you're racist lol jk you're the 2nd to tell me they didn't like it..but not sure if they were just trolling me. I needed a new avatar so I was like whatever. It's hard to live up to SoA. Mayans needs more story lines..all they have so far is the Cartel stuff.

My issues are:
1. The main character is an informant. Hard to root for him if you are into MC lore
2. They haven't made you care about any characters. Early on in SoA you got a sense of the characters & then they started the bigger plots like Cartels, IRA, etc.
3. The best character that is established (Alvarez) is a supporting character & the best actor (Olmos) has no real plot.

It's just that a lot of mma fans hate Dana because he has their ideal job.. But you try being in charge of 700 professional fighters and not get scrutiny for it. It takes a personality like Dana to do it, and for the most part he's usually right, but not always.

My issues are:
1. The main character is an informant. Hard to root for him if you are into MC lore
2. They haven't made you care about any characters. Early on in SoA you got a sense of the characters & then they started the bigger plots like Cartels, IRA, etc.
3. The best character that is established (Alvarez) is a supporting character & the best actor (Olmos) has no real plot.
Yeah SoA is up there as one of the best shows ever IMO with Breaking Bad. I'm sure there's been other bad ass shows but aren't familiar with them.

It's just that a lot of mma fans hate Dana because he has their ideal job.. But you try being in charge of 700 professional fighters and not get scrutiny for it. It takes a personality like Dana to do it, and for the most part he's usually right, but not always.

The biggest issue I have with Dana is when he puts down his own fighters & particularly with champs.
that & outright lying about numbers they do

The biggest issue I have with Dana is when he puts down his own fighters & particularly with champs.
that & outright lying about numbers they do

Yeah I can see that. I mean the guy is an open book, and you know who he doesn't like.

Yeah SoA is up there as one of the best shows ever IMO with Breaking Bad. I'm sure there's been other bad ass shows but aren't familiar with them.

I was really looking forward to Mayans too
Oh well
Too bad they canned the idea of doing The First Nine (about the origins of SoA MC).
That would have been great, but too expensive to shoot because every exterior would have needed to be shot as if it was 60's or 70's

I didn't realize there was any other way to feel about him.

It should be a moral necessity to hate Dana White.

Consider the moral arrogance of this statement. There are a multitude of reasons to criticize Dana White. Why not just complain about whatever it is you've think he's done wrong and leave it at that?

Consider the moral arrogance of this statement. There are a multitude of reasons to criticize Dana White. Why not just complain about whatever it is you've think he's done wrong and leave it at that?

You are one of my fav posters.
Always articulate ;)

Dana saved the sport. MMA as we know it would not exist without him; you have not been around the sport for very long if you don't know this. UFC was on life support when Zuffa bought it for 2 million; they put heart and soul (and a lot of money) into it to save it and make it a huge sport. Pride died shortly thereafter, so MMA would have been dead.

But that was a long time ago, and these days, he is doing more harm than good. He just reminds everyone of that strange, creepy uncle they only see at Thanksgiving, that no family member will dare leave there kids alone with.

Thanks for saving the sport Dana, now fuck off and get out of it before you ruin what you saved.

If you don't hate Dana White you're a casual and you need to keep your dumb mouth shut.

Back