Is it ever ok for a man to hit a woman?

Is it ever ok for a man to hit a woman

• Total voters
Well, I wouldn't hit anyone for words. Never have and I doubt I ever will.

The way I see it is this... In any given social interaction there is the possibility of physical force being leveraged to solve whatever the problem is. I want what you have? Force. You're in my way? Force. You're being a dick? Force. When someone is in a position of clear physical advantage, there is a sort of unspoken social contract that makes pleasant and equal dealing possible - and that social contract says that force will not be leveraged by either person, particularly the person with the physical advantage. Then people can hash it out through dialogue, clever wordplay, seduction, whatever the hell they want. If I, as the larger and stronger person who knows how to effectively perpetrate violence on another human willingly take force off the table, the weaker partner had better not violate that social contract and put force back on the table because the only reason the interaction is free and open is because I have willingly retracted my ability to solve the problem by force.

My view is that, when I (the stronger partner) am willingly removing force from the equation and someone else, man or woman, brings it back in, then just a bit of force to reinforce the importance of keeping force off the table is justified in teaching them an important lesson on the integrity of this unspoken social contract. A quick hook to the gut does wonders for reminding someone why they want to keep things civil and doesn't stand much chance of doing lasting damage. Now, I don't think you should do this just because - people make mistakes, do things in fits of high emotion, etc. Violence is not a tool to use willy-nilly - but sometimes it is a good thing to remind the weaker party of the importance of having violence taken out of the interaction.
But you have hit women if they talk to you incoreectly?

I think any form of intersex violence is unacceptable and unfair.

Men hitting women is unfair because of the disproportionate physical advantage men have.

I think women hitting men is unfair because of the legal and social advantage women have.

TLDR: Only hit your gender.
Is it okay if the woman is above average in height and the guy is a manlet?

Like is Tom Cruise allowed to hit Gwendoline Christie?

Family females such as Sister, Wife, Girlfriend, Daughter, any FEMALE family member or close friend that is and should be a FIRM NEVER. Now, RANDOM female that is actively punching me or anyone I love in the face or doing actual harm in anyway and its causing pain I will defend myself or a loved one using simple defense tactics of course and its solely to stop the harm being caused.

So soccer kicks and stomps?

But you have hit women if they talk to you incoreectly?

No. The very first response in this thread is mine and it says this:

"I haven't ever actually hit a woman, but I haven't really ever been cause. In theory I would feel license to do so if one ever took a swing at me. Still might not do it, but I would feel justified in doing so. Equality and all that."

On top of that the post you're responding to starts with "Well, I wouldn't hit anyone for words. Never have and I doubt I ever will."

Did you ever saw my story when a stripper slapped the bejeezus out of me one Night.

To the point that my co workers thought I got into a fight when I showed at work the next morning ?

How much did you pay for that?

Asking for a friend.

Well, I wouldn't hit anyone for words. Never have and I doubt I ever will.

The way I see it is this... In any given social interaction there is the possibility of physical force being leveraged to solve whatever the problem is. I want what you have? Force. You're in my way? Force. You're being a dick? Force. When someone is in a position of clear physical advantage, there is a sort of unspoken social contract that makes pleasant and equal dealing possible - and that social contract says that force will not be leveraged by either person, particularly the person with the physical advantage. Then people can hash it out through dialogue, clever wordplay, seduction, whatever the hell they want. If I, as the larger and stronger person who knows how to effectively perpetrate violence on another human willingly take force off the table, the weaker partner had better not violate that social contract and put force back on the table because the only reason the interaction is free and open is because I have willingly retracted my ability to solve the problem by force.

My view is that, when I (the stronger partner) am willingly removing force from the equation and someone else, man or woman, brings it back in, then just a bit of force to reinforce the importance of keeping force off the table is justified in teaching them an important lesson on the integrity of this unspoken social contract. A quick hook to the gut does wonders for reminding someone why they want to keep things civil and doesn't stand much chance of doing lasting damage. Now, I don't think you should do this just because - people make mistakes, do things in fits of high emotion, etc. Violence is not a tool to use willy-nilly - but sometimes it is a good thing to remind the weaker party of the importance of having violence taken out of the interaction.

Sounds good but what happens when you run into a 5’7” Aldo motherfucker who was raised in poverty, hits like a semi truck and isn’t afraid to scrap?

You may think you took violence off the table when they are the one cutting you a break.

Sounds good but what happens when you run into a 5’7” Aldo motherfucker who was raised in poverty, hits like a semi truck and isn’t afraid to scrap?

You may think you took violence off the table when they are the one cutting you a break.

I have literally never brought the violence to the table and I don't intend to start. I remember going to an event where a couple of fighters were doing autographs or something and I met Clay Guida (love the guy) and I was actually kind of shocked how bloody little he is. Thing is, I know that guy could beat the living hell out of me. I'd bet every woman who fights in the UFC could too - and they'd probably be mean and pop a joint or something just so a big guy like me wouldn't get uppity after the fact.

My point isn't just "I'm the big tough man - I take violence off the table for the benefit of those I could physically overpower." That is often the case. The thing, that is often not the case as well. You know why I could walk up to some little dude like Guida who could beat the hell out of me and have a nice chat about woodworking? Because he takes violence off the table for my benefit. That's why this whole norm of pleasant interactions work - because we all take violence off the table for the benefit of others (and sometimes for our own benefit). People who don't do so, whether the weaker partners or the stronger, are worthy of scorn.

My original point with this is, some people benefit tremendously from having violence taken off the table (IE - small people, particularly weak people, without training) as most of their social interactions could be very heavily weighted against them by the threat of violence. People who are, on the average, in this weaker position but bring violence to the table because they expect others not to could use a reminder as to why it's important for them to not push that boundary. If I walked up to Clay and took a swing at him to prove what a tough guy I was, I'd expect him to not-so-gently remind me of why it's important that violence is not on the table.

Self defence only. And to elaborate if a girl comes throwing hands you should just try to subdue, if she comes with a weapon well you probably should try and knock her out.

Thats what i've done in the past, when a woman hit me at a house party, i just help her against the wall and told her she can't do that to people.

If she's armed, bigger than you, or you know she's trained, then square up and don't be scared homie.

Lol I don't think anyone's above an ass whooping if need be.

I'd probably kill her if I landed a blow, so no.

It's not okay. Our bone densities are just different, the strength in our bones is different a skinny man can knock out a 300lb chick.

Andy Dick by KO via superior bone density.

NINTCHDBPICT000632877997.jpg

I would restrain them. I'm a bigger guy, so unless the lady is built like Gabi Garcia, I shouldn't have a problem restraining them. Or id just run. The repurcussions of touching a woman would be so severe that I would avoid it at all costs. Thinking about it, I'd probably just run away hahaha.

One of the great philosophers of our time has something to say on this subject:

I haven't ever actually hit a woman, but I haven't really ever been cause. In theory I would feel license to do so if one ever took a swing at me. Still might not do it, but I would feel justified in doing so. Equality and all that.

Bill Burr's wife made him give up his dogs. Poor Bill

If she is a traditional girl, tend to be more subdued. If you know she is some feminist woke undesirable who wouldn’t hesitate to make up false charges and ruin your life, then clock her. Make sure it’s recorded so you can post on r/pussypassdenied

Back