is it okay to spar hard every sparring session?

hang on, whats wrong with payak?

Did i miss a giant thread where payak was outed as never having fought? I cant beleive it... I dont want to beleive it....

You know. My old teacher used to say .......Math never lies.

You can lie and steal and flub the truth ....... In English , in history , in science , in religion .....but numbers never lie.
Two plus two is ALWAYS four.

Not saying Skribbles a liar , just that , in life , I've caught numerous ppl lying just by going over the math.

The quote 'Men lie, numbers don't' sums up what you are saying I think :D

You know. My old teacher used to say .......Math never lies.

Math lies all the time.

If 3! = 6, and 2! = 2, and 1! = 1, what does 0! = ?

0! = 1, for no reason, other than that was picked for convention, and it has massive implication for different formulas. Math isn't the study of truth; its the study of implication. The source of half the shit that is being implied is just made up.

Another good one is 5^0 = 1. Why? No reason. Just deal.

Last edited:

Did i miss a giant thread where payak was outed as never having fought? I cant beleive it... I dont want to beleive it....

Yep, turns out he's just some dude from Australia, who had a rather unimpressive training history.

Math lies all the time.

If 3! = 6, and 2! = 2, and 1! = 1, what does 0! = ?

0! = 1, for no reason, other than that was picked for convention, and it has massive implication for different formulas. Math isn't the study of truth; its the study of implication. The source of half the shit that is being implied is just made up.

Another good one is 5^0 = 1. Why? No reason. Just deal.

^ you're confusing some commonly held precepts by smearing your pseudo scientific feces all over it.

I don't think you understand the basis for suppositions in math and it's implications.
The use of a symbol is to represent logical arguments, can often clarify the logic involved, and helps to determine if the argument is valid or not.
If 3x = 6 and 5x = 10 then x = 2 .
On the flip side , I can suppose x = 5 . Math will tell me that these equations are now unsolvable.
Logic will tell me then that x is not = 5.

Oh , and in before u come out with "well I'm completing my Ph.D in Math, so up yours"

Last edited:
^ you're confusing some commonly held precepts by smearing your pseudo scientific feces all over it.

I don't think you understand the basis for suppositions in math and it's implications.
The use of a symbol is to represent logical arguments, can often clarify the logic involved, and helps to determine if the argument is valid or not.
If 3x = 6 and 5x = 10 then x = 2 .
On the flip side , I can suppose x = 5 . Math will tell me that these equations are now unsolvable.
Logic will tell me then that x is not = 5.

Oh , and in before u come out with "well

oh shit son, you smart? :)

I'm not smart. When I took Calc 4, I couldn't understand the teacher (despite her perfect english and many perfect hand drawn 3D pictures) so I spent 15 hours a week reading the text book and skipping class, to get a 71%. Like too many stair steps burns muscle off your calves, I think I rubbed a permanent burn in my brain.

Yep, turns out he's just some dude from Australia, who had a rather unimpressive training history.

what? really? that makes me much sadder than it probably should...

Sort of, it's not that he never fought let's be clear about that. Nor that the staff was somehow duped into thinking he was Thai. When he submitted his information for the fighter tag, it was photos/videos of a white dude. But apparently somewhere along the lines he morphed himself into a Thai who had a record rivaling Rickson's.

I did my high school in Asia.
I actually enjoyed algebra !
I can still add / multiply / divide triple digits , calculate percentages , work out profits / loss / unit costs / workable costs in my head.

It's sad , really.

Sort of, it's not that he never fought let's be clear about that. Nor that the staff was somehow duped into thinking he was Thai. When he submitted his information for the fighter tag, it was photos/videos of a white dude. But apparently somewhere along the lines he morphed himself into a Thai who had a record rivaling Rickson's.

Ftr if Rickson signs up for a Sherdog account , he's getting banned too.

I did my high school in Asia.
I actually enjoyed algebra !
I can still add / multiply / divide triple digits , calculate percentages , work out profits / loss / unit costs / workable costs in my head.

It's sad , really.

Yeah, learning math that well is practically self abuse :icon_lol:

Calculators were only for 3rd year(and above) college students !

You can imagine though , how frustrated I can get sometimes when some idiot here is having trouble counting my change back from a 5 dollar bill on a 4 dollar charge.

:rolleyes:

geez I just read the thread... at least he was a dedicated psyco. Say, Sinister, have we ever looked into your credentials ? :p

I would say it's fine, my gym is the same. Every spar is a pretty hard spar, some are really intense.
^^^ I would agree under MMA training.... You want to injure the other person.... that's the training objective when you step into the Octogan....

KarateStylist

^^^ I would agree under MMA training.... You want to injure the other person.... that's the training objective when you step into the Octogan....

KarateStylist

Alright, I'll just keep sparring hard then. I thought it would be good sparring because it's practicing exactly what I do in my fights.

Alright, I'll just keep sparring hard then. I thought it would be good sparring because it's practicing exactly what I do in my fights.
^^^ I don't....

^^^ For what you want to do, for a compatible karate style.,,, check out the "Tarec / Shihaishinkai Karate T....

KarateStylist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back