Is it time to close 145 women division?

The fact that mens 125 was so close to being cut despite women's 145 existing for a total of 4 athletes will never stop pissing me off

time to close WMMA.
<BidenShutIt>

hate all you want, a big portion of people here are tired of watching lame chick fights as co-main events.

The majority of Sherdoggers, repeatedly in Sherdog forum polls, say that they like WMMA. That is a fact, not an opinion.

And my opinion is that a vast majority of Sherdoggers will greatly enjoy the WMMA co-main of UFC 261, whether that co-main turns out to be Weili Zhang vs Rose Namajunas or Valentina Shevchenko vs Jessica Andrade.

WMMA haters are so tiresome trying to exploit every opportunity to call for it to be closed down. Excuse me, but where, anywhere in the world, has any MMA promotion chosen not to include WMMA? Tell me, please, I'd like to know. But you won't have a response, because--as far as my searches have found--there aren't any. None. So it isn't going to happen. So why don't you and your ilk stop wasting our time with your tiresome and ridiculous nonsense?

Was Nunes vs Anderson a lame fight? Yes (by no fault of Amanda). Should the women's featherweight division be shut down in the UFC? One can make a very sound argument for that considering that it has never been much of a division anyway (Even after all this time, has there ever been enough fighters in the division to have an official top ten rankings? I don't recall it if so). The women's featherweight division was built for just one woman, Cris Cyborg, who isn't even in the UFC anymore. But spare us the ridiculousness of using the lameness of that division as an argument for shutting down all WMMA in the UFC. That's just ridiculous.
<LikeReally5>

Last edited:
Why are fans bothered, and in some cases weirdly passionate, about whether the division exists? Either watch the fights or don't, it's as simple as that.

Just like the issue of the organisation having 'stars' and selling ppvs. That's a promotion problem, not mine

Last edited:
<BidenShutIt>

The majority of Sherdoggers, repeatedly in Sherdog forum polls, say that they like WMMA. That is a fact, not an opinion.

And my opinion is that a vast majority of Sherdoggers will greatly enjoy the WMMA co-main of UFC 261, whether that co-main turns out to be Weili Zhang vs Rose Namajunas or Valentina Shevchenko vs Jessica Andrade.

WMMA haters are so tiresome trying to exploit every opportunity to call for it to be closed down. Excuse me, but where, anywhere in the world, has any MMA promotion chosen not to include WMMA? Tell me, please, I'd like to know. But you won't have a response, because--as far as my searches have found--there aren't any. None. So it isn't going to happen. So why don't you and your ilk stop wasting our time with your tiresome and ridiculous nonsense?

Was Nunes vs Anderson a lame fight? Yes (by no fault of Amanda). Should the women's featherweight division be shut down in the UFC? One can make a very sound argument for that considering that it has never been much of a division anyway (Even after all this time, has there ever been enough fighters in the division to have an official top ten rankings? I don't recall it if so). The women's featherweight division was built for just one woman, Cris Cyborg, who isn't even in the UFC anymore. But spare us the ridiculousness of using the lameness of that division as an argument for shutting down all WMMA in the UFC. That's just ridiculous.
<LikeReally5>
triggered. still don't like it.

Yes, it was time before the division was even created because it’s never had more than like 5 fighters. But they won’t because it’s essentially a marketing tool at this point for Nunes. They can keep promoting her as a double champion.

change the max weight of that division to anything. Hopefully, that'll add a few extra fighters

Back