Social Is Joe Rogan a menace to public health? Megathread

Are the doctors who signed the letter correct?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biggest waste of money, I don't get Joe Rogan love.

I mean, just odd. He's not funny by any means as a comedian. He doesn't know what he's commentating a lot of times. Nothing too special about his show hosting ability.

Not trying to kick a guy while he's down or anything, just in general I guess before all that, I don't judge or anything based on put together clips without contexts, but yeah

that is probably one of the biggest money wasted that I'm aware of.

The only worse contract that comes to mind is Chris Davis's contract, mlb player at 161 milllion for 7 years. I'm sure there are more though, so it's probably NOT the biggest waste of money in all due fairness to Joe.

The fact that he's just another dude, I think, is his biggest appeal. He's not exceptional in any way apart from having a great work ethic. It makes him more relatable, people can envision themselves having a conversation and a couple of beers with Joe Rogan.

If he was any smarter or funnier he'd actually become more niche. People don't see him as a comedian or intellectual, but as an "everyman" (even though, obviously, he has millions in the bank). To a degree I think he also understands this and doesn't try to act too clever or "elitist".

Isn't he the guy who gets rappers in trouble by encouraging them to talk about their crimes?

Every time I've heard one of his interviews, he's trying to stir something up between people. I tend to think that this is just another one of those moments.
Yeah that's him, that's why I said the industry thinks he's planted lol. Lil Baby called him out for knowing information that he shouldn't know about so Lil Baby caught him slipping and made him. Others have as well in the past. I don't listen or watch VLAD, but I've seen when rappers call him out.

Isn't he the guy who gets rappers in trouble by encouraging them to talk about their crimes?

Every time I've heard one of his interviews, he's trying to stir something up between people. I tend to think that this is just another one of those moments.

He solved 2Pac's murder so I can't hate him

the fanny pack was an instant reason to get your ass kicked in my neighborhood.

but I never quite understood why the fanny pack was so frowned upon. besides looking a little goofy, it's very practical.

true true. I know The Rock and stone cold were big fans back in the day. My mom also utilized them effectively, especially on vacation.

EPu4dbcX4AE6nLP.jpg

Was going to edit my post and add this for lulz, but since I am making another post anyways, this gave me a chuckle

true true. I know The Rock and stone cold were big fans back in the day. My mom also utilized them effectively, especially on vacation.

EPu4dbcX4AE6nLP.jpg

Was going to edit my post and add this for lulz, but since I am making another post anyways, this gave me a chuckle

This is about the quality of science articles on Reddit during the Trump presidency

He solved 2Pac's murder so I can't hate him
That was Based Greg Kading who proved Occam’s Razor with facts and evidence

Strange though how people in Compton knew all along while the rest of the country was convinced he was hiding out in Cuba or shot by the feds

That was Based Greg Kading who proved Occam’s Razor with facts and evidence

Strange though how people in Compton knew all along while the rest of the country was convinced he was hiding out in Cuba or shot by the feds

Based on the interview with Mob James everyone at Death Row knew but no one was willing to snitch. Suge is an idiot for letting his biggest talent get involved with street beef.

Yes... ignoramus with like 6+ million regular listerners. He chases every conspiracy, has no real academic knowledge of health or virtually anything he talks about... but hey - he's comedian, so he can say whatever he wants and it's artistic and freedom of speech.

Yes... ignoramus with like 6+ million regular listerners. He chases every conspiracy, has no real academic knowledge of health or virtually anything he talks about... but hey - he's comedian, so he can say whatever he wants and it's artistic and freedom of speech.
It’s almost like he has a guest on every show some are distinguished experts in their fields and written books..

It’s almost like he has a guest on every show some are distinguished experts in their fields and written books..
Yeah and some are called "experts" by Joe and Jaime, yet they're very much outsiders with fringe beliefs. I don't begrudge Joe for feeling it's right to give people a voice - he's absolutely right to do that. I begrudge Joe for allowing that type of information to flow without any sort of challenge or filter. He's been running the show for a long time as just a conversation between two people and that worked but as he's gained steam and tackled heavier topics, it's been a mess of misinformation or at the very least, information that might be right but hasn't been verified. At the heart of this issue is the complete ignorance to science and the scientific process - it's not that Doctors unanimously agree on certain treatments of COVID, for example, it's that the scientifc community doesn't have enough evidence to feel certain treatments are indeed effective. Joe doesn't get any of this and part of his allure about being an average Joe is exactly why he doesn't get it... he's not doing anyone any good by ignoring this - just normalizing ignorance and suspicion of people who have poured their entire lives into science, research and quest for truth.

Back