Is Jon Jones now more famous than Michael Jackson after winning the HW belt tonight?

Davidjacksonjones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jones was already huge and famous prior to this fight. This was one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history.
I don't think people understand the magnitude of this fight and how much this victory propels Jones who was already a superstar to mega stardom.

4847.jpg

michaeljackson450x300.jpg

Great analysis, Michael Jackson was a hell of a fighter! Loved seeing him against C.M. Punk!

I'm just discussing their level of fame. They do have some similarities, such as achieving the pinnacle of their respective fields, having allegations/controversies etc, being highly entertaining, selling out crowds etc

I think your drunk.

To answer your question no.

Enjoy your celebration of Jon winning tonight.

Jon is probably at his after party looking whiter thank Michael Jackson with his face in a mountain of coke Tony Montana style

Not even close. Michael Jackson was probably one of the top 5 most famous people on Earth back at the peak of his career. Him. Michael Jordan. Princess Diana. Muhammad Ali. The Pope. That kind of level of fame.

MMA is a niche sport. Sadly, Conor is still more widely recognised by people that don’t like MMA (aka the vast majority of the worlds population).

Does anyone even watch MMA anymore? Because I remember in the Brock and GSP days like every bar in town would show all the UFC PPVs. Now I don’t know any that do, nor do I know anyone irl that still follows the sport like they did from 2008-2013.

Jones was already huge and famous prior to this fight. This was one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history.
I don't think people understand the magnitude of this fight and how much this victory propels Jones who was already a superstar to mega stardom.

4847.jpg

michaeljackson450x300.jpg
Wow man what a stupid thing to say. Maybe focus on your actual life and stop posting on here all fucking day

Not even close. Michael Jackson was probably one of the top 5 most famous people on Earth back at the peak of his career. Him. Michael Jordan. Princess Diana. Muhammad Ali. The Pope. That kind of level of fame.

MMA is a niche sport. Sadly, Conor is still more widely recognised by people that don’t like MMA (aka the vast majority of the worlds population).

Conor McGregor is still the only mma fighter that I would feel confident a good percentage of random people I see at, say, a grocery store would have heard of and know who he is. He is a genuine celebrity.

A fighter like Jones is your favorite athlete's favorite fighter

The UFC has not published the figures of his last three PPV events. Jon Jones never drew a dime.

Back