Is Jon Jones the greatest fall from grace story ever?

My top 3:
OJ
Tyson
Lance

But one or two more hit and runs by Jones and he could challenge a spot on that list.

In mma, yes. Can only hope his bad deeds dont keep piling up. Not for his sake but for those that he keeps fucking over.

I say this as a fan (perhaps former fan depending on the details of the test) of Jones, but I wish he had got busted AFTER the fight, and that DC had knocked him out cold. THAT would have been his true rock bottom. If that didn't change his life, then nothing can.

I dont like his persona, but as a fighter, damn he is good. I have been following MMA for a long time and he was special, even more than Fedor, BJ, Anderson, etc, as someone said above. The level of the competition he has faced is top notch, and the domination display was surprising.
Now, I don't know. The OSP fight was shit and I was getting strange vibes on this saturday's fight. Time will tell us where he stands, but even if he retired tomorrow, he should be among the greatest

He went from arguably the most dominant champ in UFC history (certainly the most dominant when it comes to quality opponents) to hiding from testing agents, breaking a pregnant lady's arm, driving intoxicated (once with a couple of floozies), going to jail, snorting cocaine, getting busted for snorting said cocaine, and getting busted again, but this time for a performance enhancing drug. He was about to headline what was on track to be the best selling PPV of all time.

33902931.jpg

Far from because I think he's still in the game, in his prime and didn't lose. He'll get suspended for a year or so and be back.

They mite even dispute it and win.

wanderlei is probably worse. ppl will forget jon's vices if he can still fight like a goat

I dont like his persona, but as a fighter, damn he is good. I have been following MMA for a long time and he was special, even more than Fedor, BJ, Anderson, etc, as someone said above. The level of the competition he has faced is top notch, and the domination display was surprising.
Now, I don't know. The OSP fight was shit and I was getting strange vibes on this saturday's fight. Time will tell us where he stands, but even if he retired tomorrow, he should be among the greatest

His resume is unequivocally the best ever.

I had him as #1 GOAT. But you have to bump him down due to PED use (if he's indeed guilty): 1) GSP, 2) Fedor, 3) Jon Jones, and 4) Anderson Silva. GSP and Fedor might've dabbled in the kangaroo meat as well, but there's no proof.

Back