Is Jones / Ngannou the new GSP / Anderson?

Reason this fight will never happen

• Total voters
No one knows. Unless Dana or Jon can produce a contract copy of this fight with one or the other's signature on the line, we'll never know.

There is bigly evidence for both scenarios.

Dana claims they were trying to negotiate with Frank for years to fight Jones.

Frank admits he was offered Jones for 8 million

Jones fights 1 month after Frank leaves the organization.

Ngannou was asking for more than 8 million. Jones was ready to fight and wanted the fight but Ngannou was demanding. After that performance over Gane though I don’t see how Ngannou escapes the take down with his lack of wrestling experience. Jones would have just beaten Ngannou the same gameplan he did Gane. The only guy left who is actually versatile in his stand up and wrestling is Stipe.

Ngannou 100% ducked. He was negotiating in bad faith and had no intention of ever re-signing with the UFC. Almost every single item on his list of demands unequivocally crossed UFC's business bottom line. He might as well have demanded that Dana and Ari engage in a naked make out session on PPV with all proceeds going to the fighters involved in the class-action lawsuit, because that's about as likely to happen. Basically, Ngannou virtue signaled with a fantasy list of demands in order to score some Reddit/Twitter points on his way out.

Jones had the chance to fight ngannou whenecer he wanted but he never did and waited until ngannou left the ufc to sogna contract

Now that we've seen Jon at HW, can we definitively, once and for all, decide who ducked who?
Was Jon afraid of the one shot KO power and the strength? Or was Francis afraid of the completeness and the grappling of the possible GOAT?
Mods, I would appreciate a poll.
Big Frank ducked. Jones has an iron chin and would grapple fuck Francis. Francis would also gas after Jones makes him look like a fool on the feet.

Ngannou 100% ducked. He was negotiating in bad faith and had no intention of ever re-signing with the UFC. Almost every single item on his list of demands unequivocally crossed UFC's business bottom line. He might as well have demanded that Dana and Ari engage in a naked make out session on PPV with all proceeds going to the fighters involved in the class-action lawsuit, because that's about as likely to happen. Basically, Ngannou virtue signaled with a fantasy list of demands in order to score some Reddit/Twitter points on his way out.

Couldn't have said it better myself. What made it worse was people trying to celebrate that BS

Now that we've seen Jon at HW, can we definitively, once and for all, decide who ducked who?
Was Jon afraid of the one shot KO power and the strength? Or was Francis afraid of the completeness and the grappling of the possible GOAT?
Jones ducked Ngannou that was obvious. He waited 3 years until Ngannou left UFC. Jones wanted to originally move up to fight Stipe but Ngannou won and that changed Jones's plans. Jones has high fight IQ, he knows Ngannou can flatline him and didn't want to take that risk.

According to Dana himself, Jones asked for Wilder money right before the third Miocic/Cormier fight.

When Ngannou became champion, Jones suddenly needed two years to properly gain weight, then came into the Gane fight looking fat, which contradicts his excuse.

Ngannou, while also wanting an appropriate payday for a superfight against Jones, had been getting publicly disrespected by Dana for years before leaving the company (being called a duck, being offered fights when he couldn't possibly get a visa in time so that the UFC could extend his contract, getting sent hateful text messages the day before his fight against Lewis by Dana), and Ngannou had also wanted to box and the UFC wasn't agreeing to that request.

It's not like the things Ngannou wanted in his contract coincided with Jones' return, he had been asking for those things before/during Jones' sabbatical. On the contrary, Jones' return coincided with when it was clear that Ngannou wasn't going to re-sign with the UFC; there's more evidence for Jones being the duck than Ngannou.

Ngannou was asking for more than 8 million. Jones was ready to fight and wanted the fight but Ngannou was demanding. After that performance over Gane though I don’t see how Ngannou escapes the take down with his lack of wrestling experience. Jones would have just beaten Ngannou the same gameplan he did Gane. The only guy left who is actually versatile in his stand up and wrestling is Stipe.
Jones himself said that $8 million was way too low, but that's somehow the maximum amount Ngannou should settle for?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/3/...-francis-ngannou-fight-derrick-lewis-responds

I don't think anyone "ducked". I think Frank has visions of a 30 million dollar payday with Fury (whether or not he'll ever actually get that).

However if you want to accuse someone of ducking I probably wouldn't start with the guy who's active and under contract in the division.

This has already been done. It was Francis. Jones was down to fight him. Francis left. I don't know if it was a duck as much as he wanted more money, but that is what ended up happening. Jones was down for it.

Nobody ducked anybody, the argument was about money , if the Ufc had broke out the money they would have fought

Don't think either ducked each other. Jones outpriced himself the first round of negotiations this time around Ngannou had big demands in the second round of negotiations. Jones has everything to lose by fighting Ngannou, Ngannou has everything to gain.

Back