Is Khabib’s style boring?

No... especially if you're knowledgeable about the grappling aspect of the sport.

Next question.

It's very predictable, but it's more the oppositions fault that they cant handle his grappling. We need a Tony or Gillespie to make it exciting and not as predictable.

I’m sure I’ll get flamed, but I don’t really care. Keep your go watch WWE or you aren’t a real mma fan comments to yourself.

Khabib is boring as hell to watch. He’s an inescapable python that slowly ties up his prey. He’s too good at what he does.

There is no suspense or excitement to me. I know he’s going to keep taking down his opponent until he tires them out or they give up or he gets in the match-ending position to tap/strike out opponent.

He currently doesn’t seem to have any peers that can handle his skill set, so it’s just boring. It feels like a matter of when rather than if he will win.

He keeps I on the ground a lot, which eliminates a lot of the chances of someone getting lucky with a KO shot. He’s awkward enough and good enough and hits hard enough as a striker that he can’t be walked through.

Just boring to me. I like to wonder who is going to win a fight, but there just isn’t any excitement for me to watch him. It doesn’t help that I think he doesn’t sell fights either.

The Conners and Chaels might not be as good in the ring, but they kick Khabib’s ass on the press conferences.

Not at all imo. I like it when he talks shit and they're helpless or if he likes you you're just getting a limb bent or choked, or in McGregor's case both. At least he tries to finish.

Khabib finishes fights. Fitch was a professional cuddles who managed to cuddle his way to a very solid record in the UFC. Fitch is like an electric blanket during winter only human though.

So, if Fitch had managed to get a few submissions, he would suddenly become exciting?

They have essentially the same style.

It's very entertaining to me because he's always actively looking to either damage or finish.

If Khabib was getting rocked and coming back to win, like Tony, you would probably find that entertaining. He's just too dominant for some people, I guess

Yes, it’s incredibly boring but incredibly effective.

It hurts me to say this but he’s one of the greatest of all time.

I’m sure I’ll get flamed, but I don’t really care. Keep your go watch WWE or you aren’t a real mma fan comments to yourself.

Khabib is boring as hell to watch. He’s an inescapable python that slowly ties up his prey. He’s too good at what he does.

There is no suspense or excitement to me. I know he’s going to keep taking down his opponent until he tires them out or they give up or he gets in the match-ending position to tap/strike out opponent.

He currently doesn’t seem to have any peers that can handle his skill set, so it’s just boring. It feels like a matter of when rather than if he will win.

He keeps I on the ground a lot, which eliminates a lot of the chances of someone getting lucky with a KO shot. He’s awkward enough and good enough and hits hard enough as a striker that he can’t be walked through.

Just boring to me. I like to wonder who is going to win a fight, but there just isn’t any excitement for me to watch him. It doesn’t help that I think he doesn’t sell fights either.

The Conners and Chaels might not be as good in the ring, but they kick Khabib’s ass on the press conferences.

Some peoples cares about press conferences, some peoples cares about actual fights.

Not to me he's the best pure MMA grappler we have ever seen IMO.

People used to rag on Jon Fitch, Jake Shields type grapple-heavy fighters all the time, but it seems like Khabib gets a pass on here.

Personally, I find it hard to get excited for his fights. Was hoping Poirer could pull out something crazy to shake up the division.

As soon as he took Poirer down, I could almost hear the collective sigh around the world.

I guess we are stuck with him for now.
For hardcore MMA fans he is great, but for casuals, Khabib is a damn snooze fest. You could even hear it in the arena yesterday - peoples enthusiasme vained quite quickly.

giphy.gif
sissy kick

So, if Fitch had managed to get a few submissions, he would suddenly become exciting?

No its not. Khabib is way more aggressive with his guard passing, back taking and ground and pound.

Plus Khabib has actual tkos and submissions against ufc championship level fighters. And even most decisions wins were maulings.

I find him boring but I'm biased. The Al Ia Quinta was entertaining but Al played a large part in that.

If you guys call "mauling" someone who clearly doesn't have the same level of wrestling entertaining cool, to me it gets predictable. I won't deny he's the best LW currently. He is. Hopefully we get the Tony fight, that's a good wrestling challenge.

if you can't tell the difference between them, you have essentially no clue what you're talking about.

who would have thought that someone who disliked the grappling part of MMA would claim all grapplers have the same style, and are boring?

oh and the people shitting on fitch were clueless, too.

just because a fight is on the ground, doesnt mean its boring

he fights methodically
and even on the feet its not boring. he does jumping knees and leeping left hooks. people just dont like it when their favourite stand up fighters is getting his face carved in and then submittes.

khabib is not a lay and pray fighter. he wears you down, beats you up, lets you back up, throws you back to the ground. makes ya feel helpless. one of the highest fight iq's there is out there.

but i guess people only want rock m sock m type fights

does it really matter? Khabib and the top guys are fighting once or twice a year and people are tuning in becuse of the drama and the resultes

Back