Is landing 445 significant strikes with no finish impressive to you?

it's a strange argument. Saying Holloway must not have much power meanwhile the guys he fights get hurt and stand there while holloway pieces them up. Holloway tries to break guys, Kattar and Ortega had strong resolve. Aldo has a lot more milage and broke during the fight.

Yes.

hitting a skilled opponent is actually sort of tough. Hitting him 400+ times is really fucking good.

Reactions: lsa
No. Around punch 300 the ref should be dragging you off your opponent's lifeless body.

Yes.

hitting a skilled opponent is actually sort of tough. Hitting him 400+ times is really fucking good.
How hard is it to hit a punching bag? How about an opponent who can't keep his hands up or move without looking like a slug? Because by the start of the 4th round that's what Kattar was.

I would probably rather just get punched and TKO'd after one shot after the first 2 seconds of a fight instead of getting punched 445 times in 25 minutes lol

Kattar is one tough son of a bitch, no doubt about that. Those elbows from Holloway were fierce

How hard is it to hit a punching bag? How about an opponent who can't keep his hands up or move without looking like a slug? Because by the start of the 4th round that's what Kattar was.

yeah, he was like that due to all the strikes landed prior lol.

no. like conor said your remembered by your highlight reel
Pretty much every minute of that last fight was a highlight reel for Max, and a high percentage of his other fights too.

The fight should’ve been stopped in the middle of the third... could’ve been stopped at the end of the third or the middle of the fourth or the end of the fourth.

yeah, he was like that due to all the strikes landed prior lol.
First 3 rounds -
Holloway landed 220 strikes and landed an average of 52.6% of his strikes.

Championship rounds -
Holloway landed 225 strikes and landed an average of 66% of his strikes.

More than half of the strikes Holloway landed came when Kattar was already a human punching bag when Kattar was already much easier to hit. That's all I'm saying.

First 3 rounds -
Holloway landed 220 strikes and landed an average of 52.6% of his strikes.

Championship rounds -
Holloway landed 225 strikes and landed an average of 66% of his strikes.

More than half of the strikes Holloway landed came when Kattar was already a human punching bag when Kattar was already much easier to hit. That's all I'm saying.

im still not seeing how punching someone so much they turn into a heavy bag isn’t impressive.

If I really disliked someone, I’d rather punish him with 445 strikes over 25 minutes than get a quick KO.

im still not seeing how punching someone so much they turn into a heavy bag isn’t impressive.
Same reason I dog wmma and lighter weight divisions. Your hear to FINISH your opponent. Not play tag for 25 minutes.

How is it impressive that a fight that SHOULD'VE been stopped going into the 4th round went 2 more rounds? Holloway was literally talking to the commentators during the fight instead of putting Kattar out of his misery.

Same reason I dog wmma and lighter weight divisions. Your hear to FINISH your opponent. Not play tag for 25 minutes.

How is it impressive that a fight that SHOULD'VE been stopped going into the 4th round went 2 more rounds? Holloway was literally talking to the commentators during the fight instead of putting Kattar out of his misery.

You sound like the definition of the “just bleed” fan lol. No offense intended.

Max’s win over Kattar was just about as decisive as you can get. No KO? Who fucking cares. There is absolutely zero doubt who won the fight.

You sound like the definition of the “just bleed” fan lol. No offense intended.

Max’s win over Kattar was just about as decisive as you can get. No KO? Who fucking cares. There is absolutely zero doubt who won the fight.
I never said it wasn't. Shit the last 2 rounds should've been 10-7.

The title of the thread is is 445 strikes with NO finish impressive to you. My answer is no. The title isn't is landing 445 strikes in a fight impressive. If that was the question then my answer would be yes.

And no I think that fight should've been stopped multiple times. That was just violence for violence sake at the end. The ref should've said "if I don't see any offense out of you I'm gonna stop the fight. I'm not going to sit here and just let you get punched in the head for the rest of the fight without you responding. You're too tough for for own good and I gotta protect you from yourself."

I never said it wasn't. Shit the last 2 rounds should've been 10-7.

The title of the thread is is 445 strikes with NO finish impressive to you. My answer is no. The title isn't is landing 445 strikes in a fight impressive. If that was the question then my answer would be yes.

And no I think that fight should've been stopped multiple times. That was just violence for violence sake at the end. The ref should've said "if I don't see any offense out of you I'm gonna stop the fight. I'm not going to sit here and just let you get punched in the head for the rest of the fight without you responding. You're too tough for for own good and I gotta protect you from yourself."

fair enough, I absolutely think the ref (or kattar’s corner) should have stopped it as well

No it’s not impressive at all.

There is a reason why Max fights these undersized guys at FW. His style doesn’t work against people his own size.

<mma4>

It’s super impressive. I doubt max ever throws at full power, given his relative lack of injury in his hands. Plenty of strikers with impressive power cut themselves short with broken hands. Kattar was turned into burger meat and I will wager getting punched over 500 times in the same spot is no picnic. A flash ko would be nice, but it also leaves the door open for rematches. Max is out here burying people across 5 rounds. That’s far more brutal than a quick finish.

Back