Is landing 445 significant strikes with no finish impressive to you?

I argued this in another thread where I said Max Holloway being the best volume striker is a stupid achievement and I stand by that claim

For Max its stupid because he allows people to hit him. But if a fighter could avoid that, it would be a very impressive feat.

Well if a guy has one eye and gets his one eye jabbed 400 times without a finish then no. If we are talking about max demolishing kattar then yes its boss mode glitch sfuff. That was such an amazing performance, i would be shocked if kattar is ever the same after that fight.

If a fighter wearing 4oz gloves with his hands taped solid lands 445 significant strikes and does not finish or come close to a KO is that impressive to you?

Maybe give credit to his opponent instead of shitting on him. How about that smart guy?

Yes it is impressive, Max the blessed sadist Holloway likely will have caused potential future CTE for Ortega and Kattar

If a fighter wearing 4oz gloves with his hands taped solid lands 445 significant strikes and does not finish or come close to a KO is that impressive to you?

It is impressive. Kattar is just damn tough. Aldo got stopped twice, Ortega was losing his legs before the TKO, Edgar (although compromised) got stopped as well.

If the "no finish" seems to be more about the guy on the receiving end being insanely tough, sure.

Are you to argue that Gathje does NOT have power because he couldn't put Ferguson to sleep? Because he's known for his crazy power.

And he did come close, in the opinion of the commentators and many observers.

fight should've been stopped. kattar is a tough dude.

Everyone knows the fight should have been stopped. Cool he didn’t finish him but his brain isn’t going to be okay in the future.

Back