Is Megumi Fujii the Strawweight GOAT?

Yup

Essentially peerless in wmma . 22-0 run with 19 finishes, 14 of them in the first round. Shit will never be repeated

Agree. And she fought women up to 145. And by today's standards, she would be a 105er. She cut very little.

Those decisions were straight up bullshit. Got fuckin eyepoked, continued fighting and doc stopped it cause she couldn't see. How was that a loss?

I think she could make a comeback, she was always a super athlete and never took alot of damage. She's a finisher with super slick fuckin subs. She retired to have a kid but now it's been a few years. Just wishful thinking but I hope somehow we see her fight again. I mean she could walk right into ufc wsw and contend for the title atm imho.

Yes, it is. She has gained 25 - 30 lbs. since she started. She gained 15 lbs. since she first asked to be released from her original UFC contract. Had she not done so (and a woman has to put a lot of effort into it to gain lean mass in a cardio intensive sport) to say nothing of the drug use. So yes, it is her fault. She could compete in a division with a lot more talent. She chose to lift and roid her way to the biggest joke of a division in MMA.
Not to mention she's gotta work to keep that shit on. She could easily drop a few lbs of her walk around weight and compete at 135. Easily.

Source: work in the fitness industry for over 10 years

I think she is the hipster WMMA fan pick for GOAT. None of the names on her record are even close to Claudia Gadelha or Jessica Andrade in terms of skill and those 2 are not even the best at 115 now.

I'd pick both over Rose, styles make fights.

Goat steroid user, cheater and can crusher, without doubt.

Strange that everyone is so resistant to such huge payday and a free world title when all they have to do is steamroll this overrated can you speak of. One would think fighters would be knocking the door down for the opportunity for career advancement of that magnitude for such an easy task. I wonder why they’re not.

Well she finished Esparza and had a solid run. She's underrated to say the least.

Megumi was one of the first women fighters I heard of and saw compete. Pretty sure I saw her fight on Bellator years ago, her competition was questionable to say the least but she was still a skilled fighter and up there as one of the best straw weights.

Strange that everyone is so resistant to such huge payday and a free world title when all they have to do is steamroll this overrated can you speak of. One would think fighters would be knocking the door down for the opportunity for career advancement of that magnitude for such an easy task. I wonder why they’re not.

Because they are giving up a huge size and strength advantage. Allow me to do this again: please list Cyborg's five best wins.

It is not that Cyborg is not skilled, but that her resume is absolute shit, which you well know.

Cyborg has never had any problem getting opponents, girls fighting her for 6k in Invicta ... Smith, Lansberg, Evinger, Holm, Kunitskaya in the UFC plus those like Dandois who begged for a fight but never got a reply. Kaufman wants the fight - 135 pound Invicta champ, Cris loves those - I even hear Nunes has signed to fight her at the big year end show.

You really can't look at her career in a vacuum. She fought the majority of her career before WMMA got anything close to major recognition; while in her 30s to boot. You can't be overly critical of her competition as if she was some can crusher who was ducking elite fighters, she fought the people who were available to fight at her time.

Skill wise, she probably isn't the best ever, but she was very successful. And as much as people complain about fighter pay, imagine what she must have been making as a sub 130 pound woman, fighting in Japan, 10 to 15 years ago. You've got to respect that, although I'm sure the miserable, basement-dwelling mysogynists on these boards won't.

Last edited:
Because they are giving up a huge size and strength advantage. Allow me to do this again: please list Cyborg's five best wins.

It is not that Cyborg is not skilled, but that her resume is absolute shit, which you well know.

But but but....she’s overrated. A can crusher. I mean, it’s a free world title for the taking. Why isn’t anyone taking advantage of this?!?! This is crazy.

She outclassed Holm after Holly finally gathered enough courage to fight her and, you may want to sit down for this...Holly was the bigger and stronger fighter in fight night. When cyborg adds Nunes to her resume what will you say?

For the record, cyborgs resume sucks. I agree. She’s still the most skilled fighter on the planet regardless if she fights at WHW.

Cyborg has never had any problem getting opponents, girls fighting her for 6k in Invicta ... Smith, Lansberg, Evinger, Holm, Kunitskaya in the UFC plus those like Dandois who begged for a fight but never got a reply. Kaufman wants the fight - 135 pound Invicta champ, Cris loves those - I even hear Nunes has signed to fight her at the big year end show.

I’m referencing Cat, Meisha, Nunes and until recently Holly. I’ll believe Nunes wants this fight when the door is locked behind her. She’s not above pulling out on 24 hours notice due to a runny nose.

I think she could make a comeback, she was always a super athlete and never took alot of damage. She's a finisher with super slick fuckin subs. She retired to have a kid but now it's been a few years. Just wishful thinking but I hope somehow we see her fight again. I mean she could walk right into ufc wsw and contend for the title atm imho.

I'm hoping they eventually do a female QUINTET with her involved.

Back