Is moose the #2 mw all time?

A lot of people beat Anderson Silva too, doesn't mean they are better. Weidman clearly fell off fast and got washed up fast. Mousasi never reached the same peak, nor did I even state that Weidman was the clear 2nd best ever.
He's not better than a guy he lost too. Weidman wasnt out of his prime, he just lost. You have to weigh his negatives as well, he's been KO'd 5 times. He's won once in like 4 and a half years and lost 5. How can you just ignore all of that and only weigh his peak. SMH Moose is way better, just look at the resume

Mousasi never ko ed in 17 years. One sloppy tko to a guy he dominated twice over 2 fights .....aside 15 unfortunate seconds.
Fight IQ
Granite chin
Longevity

and has fought successfully in every top promotion....resulting in gold .UFC aside - cause he was never given chance.
12-3 zuffa 9-3 UFC.
We call that sucess.

Huge Weidman fan here. I had teh Chris at number one or two for the longest time... then brutal losses started piling up.

Mousasi never ko ed in 17 years. One sloppy tko to a guy he dominated twice over 2 fights .....aside 15 unfortunate seconds.
Fight IQ
Granite chin
Longevity

and has fought successfully in every top promotion....resulting in gold .UFC aside - cause he was never given chance.
12-3 zuffa 9-3 UFC.
We call that sucess.
At what point did you feel Gegard had earned a UFC title fight?

Number 2 of anything doesn’t have trash tier garbo take down defense like moose

Does Moussasi are fans troll? I can understand the nuthugging for Goat contender like Jones, Silva GSP or Fedor. I can even understand that for Conor cause that guy bring has pushed MMA for the casuals.
But what the hell did Gegard ? He's an elite fighters of course but what did he do ?

This is an attempt at discrediting Silva by saying his division is shit

I really would have liked to have seen Mousasi vs Yoel and Whittaker.

Weidman - 7 ranked wins - 4 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Silva
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort
Machida
Silva
Munoz
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Gastelum
Maia

The Chris is the second most accomplished MW in MMA history.
Whaha, good one.
Lucky vs Silva.
Maybe top 10.

At what point did you feel Gegard had earned a UFC title fight?
Uhhhhhh - left on a 5 fight stoppage streak ...fought out his contract at 7-1 ( and a fluke one at that ... WHICH HE WENT BACKWARDS AFTER GETTING INTO TOP 5 to avenge just to shut everyone up) and finished against a larger wrestler one fight removed from being champ.......AND WAS OFFERED ONE to expedite the negotiation period ( or the lack of one but the brit said " no".....and so those useless 90 days took its course).

How's that ?

5 in a row from a guy in his prime, reached #3 and one of the best cage fighters in sports existence??

Uhhhhhh - left on a 5 fight stoppage streak ...fought out his contract at 7-1 ( and a fluke one at that ... WHICH HE WENT BACKWARDS AFTER GETTING INTO TOP 5 to avenge just to shut everyone up) and finished against a larger wrestler one fight removed from being champ.......AND WAS OFFERED ONE to expedite the negotiation period ( or the lack of one but the brit said " no".....and so those useless 90 days took its course).

How's that ?

5 in a row from a guy in his prime, reached #3 and one of the best cage fighters in sports existence??
After 5 in a row he opted to sign for Bellator. Romero vs Whitaker was already booked at that time. Or are you suggesting that he should have received the title shot after beating and becoming 1-1 with Uriah Hall?

After 5 in a row he opted to sign for Bellator. Romero vs Whitaker was already booked at that time. Or are you suggesting that he should have received the title shot after beating and becoming 1-1 with Uriah Hall?
His last fight in the UFC was TKOing Weidman, not the Hall fight. He should have got the title shot over Yoel IMO, and he was also passed up for it when Bisping had the belt.

Remember- this was for mma world title.
This wasnt a grappling event
Did you watch fight ?
Do u own glasses ?

I cant take u seriously. What's sad is that Gegard knew he was so much the superior fighter, he was more concerned with lovatos size and nipple size than the actual scorecards.

Yeah Novato won that fight decidedly. Whether he was a bigger fighter or not or whatever the strategy was had nothing to do with it. It is like saying Nick Diaz beat GSP...

Mous beat Weidman for sure. I bet on Mous that fight and am happy the call went his way. But Mous was never close to UFC gold and Weidman beat the GOAT twice, defended his title two more times, while Mous can't hold the belt in friggin Bellator

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back