Is Paramount+ worth it?

Great if you have kids because of all the Nickelodeon it offers.

You get NFL on CBS but there were a good amount of times that the signal was just as bad as the antenna.

I signed up for a free trial and cancelled it after 3 days. Overall it has very little content, and Paramount shouldn't of launched a streaming app. It seems to be the worst subscription stream app in the market.

Anyone here have Paramount+? And if so why?
if you like serie a and star trek is great but anythin else is meh like most streming services

We ordered it as an add on for Amazon Prime to watch Yellowstone. As soon as that was finished (what a joke they split the season into two halves), I canceled. I don't think I watched a single other thing on there.

Deciding which of the various streaming services to watch, & how exactly to watch them, is a Very Personal Necision. I mean decision

I watch The Challenge, Survivor, The Amazing Race, Evil, Rabbit Hole, and some other decent shows on Paramount +. I also have the Showtime add on for boxing and the Showtime shows. Plus if you’re a race fan, Formula 1 will be on Paramount + exclusively next season.

Really none of them are worth it except for netflix, hulu, and amazon prime video. And the latter is only worth it because of all the other prime benefits that come with it.

Eh, I'll take Prime Video over Hulu anyday. The Boys, The Expanse and The Man in the High Castle just to name a few are better than anything on Hulu. Decent selection of documentaries too.

I signed up for a free trial and cancelled it after 3 days. Overall it has very little content, and Paramount shouldn't of launched a streaming app. It seems to be the worst subscription stream app in the market.

Anyone here have Paramount+? And if so why?
Peacock seems to have more content for 5.99 even Yellowstone is on peacock.

Paramount+ sucks.

Paramount+ with the Showtime bundle is amazing.

The main difference is the lack of commercials. Long, repetitive commercials. Plus the much improved library. Unless you love Yellowstone spinoffs without access to the OG show.

..and want to fund its systematic rape.

Strange New Worlds has potential. The studio can move forward in any direction they want, but should take more time to reflect on revered Star Trekian elements, such as the big picture journey of space exploration (and the associated wear and tear), hammy humor, fantastical scenarios, lighting, background colors, sound effects, enterprise interior, the juxtaposition of territory conflict (neutral zone), playing for keeps, and virtuous diplomacy, etc.

Last edited:
I paid for at least one month. Watched Halo, Tulsa King, Mayor of Kingstown S1, 1883, and unsubscribed when 1923 went on hiatus with intent to turn it back on later.

Now I kinda want to turn it back on to finish 1923, watch the live action Transformers movies in anticipation of the GI Joe guest appearance in future Transformers movies, Top Gun Maverick before I try to buy on disc on Black Friday.

Apple TV+ now has several new seasons and new series I want to watch, but haven't decided if I want to watch final season of Jack Ryan on Prime first. I want to watch some Prime free first episodes on FreeVee first and also want to finish watching El Cid.

I got 7 days free trial to watch Beavis and Butthead and cancelled it.
Yeah that’s annoying too. I saw some of the episodes in a hote that he it and they were great. I want to by the season but right now the only way to watch it is with paramount plus… might be time to dust off the old torrent sites

I got it for Yellowstone and 1883. There wasnt 1 other thing i cared to watch so I cancelled it.
Yellowstone isn't even on it lol it's on Peacock. They apparently sold the rights early on before they realized it was a hit.

Strange New Worlds has potential. The studio can move forward in any direction they want, but should take more time to reflect on revered Star Trekian elements, such as the big picture journey of space exploration (and the associated wear and tear), hammy humor, fantastical scenarios, lighting, background colors, sound effects, enterprise interior, the juxtaposition of territory conflict (neutral zone), playing for keeps, and virtuous diplomacy, etc.

It does look a bit better I'd agree but still seems like it has the same root problem, still seems like its interested in being an edgy action series which is not what good Trek ever was even if it was sometimes hammy and melodramatic.

Personally Nu Trek is dead to me though, I won't watch let alone pay for any of it until Kurtzman and his cabal of hacks are all fired in disgrace.

Last edited:
Back