Is Sage Northcutt big enough to be a Middle Weight (pics)?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Is Sage Northcutt big enough to be a Middle Weight?

Side by side comparison with other middleweights:

Paulo Costa:​
823bc5327a82fd5dbc508d0fb8dfbb68_crop_exact.jpg

Vitor Belfort
(when he was around Sage's age)
:​
ecaeb63353c1ca737e30b4d1f9db9170.jpg

26-101059-ufc_fighter_sage_northcutt_posts_insane_kettlebell_workout.jpg

Side-by-side comparison:

2r3kwhy.jpg

Last edited:
He's super HW, should call out Lesnar.

Sure there's a couple real low level cans there

Lol and you show the most jacked ones

Unfortunelly he's not banging like these 2 dudes. And its in a weight class below.
sad.

Hed have to bulk up. Hes pretty much all muscle anyway so it might take him a while. I doubt he would do it.

I'm pretty confused by how Northcutt talks about his physical growth, as if, at 22, he was about to experience a growth spurt of a couple inches. Because that's the only reason he mentioned for going to middleweight.

Sage Northcutt already ponders move to middleweight after UFC Boise win at welterweight

“Who knows?” Northcutt said backstage after a TKO of Zak Ottow in the event’s FS1-televised co-headliner at CenturyLink Arena in Boise, Idaho. “If you look at my brother, my brother’s like (6-foot-4), and he’s only 19 years old. So I hope I’m as tall as him.

“I might be 6-5. I could be 220, 230 pounds. I have no idea. My mom’s dad was 6-5. I could be fighting at 185 in the future. But first, 170.”

I'm pretty confused by how Northcutt talks about his physical growth, as if, at 22, he was about to experience a growth spurt of a couple inches. Because that's the only reason he mentioned going to middleweight.

People naturally gain muscle mass up until their late 20s or early 30s. That is when you peak in physical strength.

People naturally gain muscle mass up until their late 20s or early 30s. That is when you peak in physical strength.

No, really, he clearly mentioned gaining a few inches of height. I added the source and the quote on my first message. I have no clue how you could expect gaining 5 inches when you are already 22.

I'm pretty confused by how Northcutt talks about his physical growth, as if, at 22, he was about to experience a growth spurt of a couple inches. Because that's the only reason he mentioned for going to middleweight.

Sage is serious about his nutrition:

DAiWTbFXoAAqzFy.jpg

C4uIXf-WAAIckU6.jpg

Sage is going to be moving up because at 22, he thinks he's still growing.

Cliffs:

"I'm 22 and I'm still growing..."

"I think I might fight Heavyweight eventually. My brother for instance, who's 19 is 6'4", my mom and sister are taller than me, I could totally see me growing 2, 3, even 4 more inches and putting on more muscle. I could absolutely see it."

Does he really think people keep growing until their late 20's? Poor guy. I like Sage, but how naive can a human being be. lol

Back