Is Sean Strickland the worst male fighter to win a title in the TUF era (2005-present)?

There are people on sherdog who start threads and make comments about "worst champ ever."

Pick any one of these people. Any.

Put them in the ring with any UFC champ ever. Any. Either gender. Doesn't matter.

No rules. Period.

Tell the champ that the champ will receive $1 million dollars if the champ can make the sherfag beg to eat his own dick in less than 30 seconds. Must cry actual tears and beg for dick.

Then film it.

Post it on sherdog.

Yep. Much fun.
I'm genuinely surprised you haven't been banned yet.

Dude open your eyes, his boxing was on point, much better than Izzy.

Strickland is fat better than Forrest, Bisping and Alvarez

Izzy.

giphy.gif

<{jackyeah}>

Stricks took zero damage in that fight. That automatically removes him from the “hard working warhorse” narrative.

Im surprised Garbrandt hasnt got a mention yet.

Also Serra is an obvious choice here. I'd probably have Cody behind him.

Definetly not Strickland. The way he stuck to the gameplay and stalked patiently until he got into the pocket was impressive, he was doing that while staying defensively almost flawless while in Izzys kicking range etc, the focus he showed this fight was impressive. I also think stylistically he matches well with Izzy. His mix of Muay Thai stance with Philly shell is weird but you can't deny that it worked very effectively in this fight.

I actually like Sean from a personality standpoint. But let's be honest, from a skill perspective he's not very good. More than anything he is determined and persistent and in good shape. He wins fights with intangibles above skills. Question is, can you think of a worse male fighter to win a belt in TUF era (2005-present) of UFC? At the moment I can't think of any.
Sean isn't very good from a skill perspective? Holy shit, that is an incredibly bad take. Sean's unique philly shell mma defense is absolutely a thing of beauty.
<{cruzshake}>

From over all actual skill and just looking at skill I'd say him or Forrest. Both very similar guys. Hard workers, not afraid to mix it up with anyone, in your face style, and average skills overall but not even close to being very proficient in any discipline.

That one chick that won the inaugural belt for whatever weight class on TUF?
I've not read the rest of the posts, but Esparza or Montana (think that was her name, she ducked Valentina and got stripped?)

Last edited:
Back