Is Stargate-1 worth worth getting into ?

I'm so envious, wish I could watch those for the first time again.

Babylon 5 starts out a little rough, but the world building and foreshadowing culminates into multiple incredible payoffs. It caught me off guard how well layered and bananas the scope gets. There are few stories so well told. It was built on a 5 season run, but they weren't sure if they'd be able to do a 5th season, so they crammed everything into S4. Season 5 ends satisfying enough, wrapping up the story, but you can tell they shot their load in S4, it was a big load though... :D

Farscape got cancelled, but it was brought back for a 3 part mini series/big movie. I was a little disappointed in the rushed ending, but the ride to get there is totally worth it. It's such a creative show, and really well shot, there's really nothing like it. Where else have you seen a plant based character have a photosynthesized orgasm from a solar storm lol
Well, I am in......lol.

Stargate Atlantis (my fav of the two) episodes played right after it once season 8 started

An old football buddy of mine was on SG1, Atlantis and Universe.

10-15bounty.jpg

DXVIdfbVMAAJzfu

latest

He was in Galactica, too. Actually he's been in almost everything ever filmed in Canada.

20060105_114638_Ae06_galactica.jpg

An old football buddy of mine was on SG1, Atlantis and Universe.

10-15bounty.jpg

DXVIdfbVMAAJzfu

latest

He was in Galactica, too. Actually he's been in almost everything ever filmed in Canada.

20060105_114638_Ae06_galactica.jpg
That's cool, did't he play for Saskatchewan? Where did you play together?

I liked his character in Atlantis, he had presence. I'm pretty sure he had other roles in SG1 as well. Dude has been in tons of stuff.

That's really too bad about SG universe. The show really picked up steam by season 2, it was awesome. He had a decent role too, wasn't he in every episode?

That's cool, did't he play for Saskatchewan? Where did you play together?

I liked his character in Atlantis, he had presence. I'm pretty sure he had other roles in SG1 as well. Dude has been in tons of stuff.

That's really too bad about SG universe. The show really picked up steam by season 2, it was awesome. He had a decent role too, wasn't he in every episode?

He did, and we played together in high school. He was one of those guys you knew was going to go pro.

I know he was a major character in Universe, I had pretty high hopes for that show. He was at his best in Atlantis, though, that character was fantastic.

His iMDB is insane.

Mike Dopud

Great show.
There are some very boring snd shallow episodes definitely in first season. The lore really gets fun and deep into mythology and politics where earth is basically a backwater problem.
All the actors are great, Jack,Teal'c Daniel and Sam are fun strong characters. Supports are great too Bra'tac and Hammond of Texas! This and star trek tng are my 2 favs of Scifi.
Theres 1 episode you can watch...again...and again...and again.
First?

Yeah i mean no world built a few first ones suck. The only ones i can think suck deep in are the cadet smarty pants one and docs adopted daughter . the film crew one is so so too. There are a ton of gems Urgo, window of opportunity, what fate Omaroca, replicator arc. Jaffa rebellion is amazingI actually like the Ori as villians, i really didnt like Vala she is insufferable. Jonas is a good temp too,

Yeah i mean no world built a few first ones suck. The only ones i can think suck deep in are the cadet smarty pants one and docs adopted daughter . the film crew one is so so too. There are a ton of gems Urgo, window of opportunity, what fate Omaroca, replicator arc. Jaffa rebellion is amazingI actually like the Ori as villians, i really didnt like Vala she is insufferable. Jonas is a good temp too,
I always pegged Vala as a potential fav character of a certain prolific Brit lady poster here @fingercuffs but not sure if she ever watched it. Liked her more on my 2nd watch for some reason.

I was asking which episode you meant that could be rewatched over and over though?

It has Macgyver in it. Whats not to like? I just binged watch Macgyver a few months ago, after literally 35 years.

I always pegged Vala as a potential fav character of a certain prolific Brit lady poster here @fingercuffs but not sure if she ever watched it. Liked her more on my 2nd watch for some reason.

I was asking which episode you meant that could be rewatched over and over though?
Window of oppurtunity is the episode. Its tngs Darmok level of rewatchable and quotable. "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING."

Yeah cuffs would like Vala.
I find her annoying i never finished Farscape so i dont have any prethoughts on her. She was very
..rapey with Daniel . i dont think even with jacks deadpan humor gone bubbly self absorbed humor is a good replacement.

With 10 seasons and over 200 episodes, I'm tempted to get into SG-1.
It would be long haul binge, but curious on your thoughts.
I've never been much into Sci-Fi tv series but something about this catches my eye.
Maybe it's because it's got my boy Richard Dean Anderson who I loved as MyGyver.
What say you ?

Stargate_SG-1_cast_minus_Jonas_Quinn.jpg
It's good not great.

I'm so envious, wish I could watch those for the first time again.

Babylon 5 starts out a little rough, but the world building and foreshadowing culminates into multiple incredible payoffs. It caught me off guard how well layered and bananas the scope gets. There are few stories so well told. It was built on a 5 season run, but they weren't sure if they'd be able to do a 5th season, so they crammed everything into S4. Season 5 ends satisfying enough, wrapping up the story, but you can tell they shot their load in S4, it was a big load though... :D

I'm guessing these days people might enjoy the early stages of Babylon 5 a bit more as its classic 80's/90's sci fi, I was never massively into SG1 but knew people who were so ended up watching a decent amount of it and I can see why it built up a fanbase for similar reasons, it was really the last of that kind of show.

I think a big shift that happened with the BSG reboot was that sci fi became so concerned with taking itself seriously at all times but to me that lost a lot of the charm I loved in stuff like Babylon 5 and the X-files. Sci fi fans always seemed to have a thin skin about humour and being taken seriously BUT I think that kind of enforced grimdark edginess ironically ends up feeling a bit more juvenile to me, characters like G'Kar and Londo feel more fleshed out and human because they have that range to them as real people do.

Besides the lead characters as well best TV villian ever for me was....

MV5BOGVjMTVjYjctZGIyMS00MzRlLWJlMjEtZWViZGYyMTBlOTc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM0NzU0MTg0._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing these days people might enjoy the early stages of Babylon 5 a bit more as its classic 80's/90's sci fi, I was never massively into SG1 but knew people who were so ended up watching a decent amount of it and I can see why it built up a fanbase for similar reasons, it was really the last of that kind of show.

I think a big shift that happened with the BSG reboot was that sci fi became so concerned with taking itself seriously at all times but to me that lost a lot of the charm I loved in stuff like Babylon 5 and the X-files. Sci fi fans always seemed to have a thin skin about humour and being taken seriously BUT I think that kind of enforced grimdark edginess ironically ends up feeling a bit more juvenile to me, characters like G'Kar and Londo feel more fleshed out and human because they have that range to them as real people do.
I really should have added that in my multiple rewatches, S1 of Babylon 5 gets more endearing. I didn't like Sinclair at first, probably because I was expecting Bruce Boxleitner (I watched it many years later). He's a bit wooden, but he really grew on me. Knowing what he was going through (mental health wise) makes you appreciate him more.
I love his call back later on, show kept wowing me with WTF moments

Like the earlier seasons of Deep Space 9 on rewatches, I really enjoy getting immersed into life on their respective stations. After so many drawn out series, that stretch plotlines across too many episodes, I welcome a lot of the episodic stories they tell.

If a show doesn't have a well paced plan to tell their story (goes for most), I'd rather the Babylon 5/DS9 formula, where they have big arcs across multiple episodes, but also pinch foreshadowing of those grander arcs into their many self contained stories. Babylon 5 did it best, was so intriguing.

I also agree of the dark/edginess of so many sci-fi shows. BSG was great, but it spawned a lot of copycats, like Stargate Universe at first.

Back