Is the Jon/Ngannou situation the new version of Wand/Chuck?

He does what all LHW’s do but manages to be lighter than many of them in the cage (lighter than Rumble, DC, Nemkov, Walker, Rampage, Reyes and like 80% of LHW’s. He only walked around heavy like that between one camp anyways and you’re absolutely full of shit. He wasn’t 240 between every camp it was a one time thing. Rampage, Griffin and others are around 250 between camps. Again, just hating and chapped it’s clear.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...-star-transformation-heavyweight?platform=amp
..."because the UFC promo piece approved by the UFC said so..." Did you just start watching MMA? There is a reason everyone you mentioned cut weight and that was to DUCK the HW division. You can call it "hate" but it is just a fact that they were all afraid to fight in that division. However you spin it, jones has been qualified to fight at HW but CHOSE not to because "he wasn't ready".

..."because the UFC promo piece approved by the UFC said so..." Did you just start watching MMA? There is a reason everyone you mentioned cut weight and that was to DUCK the HW division. You can call it "hate" but it is just a fact that they were all afraid to fight in that division. However you spin it, jones has been qualified to fight at HW but CHOSE not to because "he wasn't ready".

I think an issue with Jones as well is when he broke though LHW still had alot of smaller fighters at the top, guys like Shogun, Machida and Rashad if they started in the last decade would most likely be fighting at MW but when then broke though LHW had the prestige and the money.

Jones I would argue benefited quite a lot from that, being the guy who ended LHW as a division were smaller fighters were near the top.

Do you not think Yaroslav Amosov has a reasonable claim of being the best Welterweight over Leon Edwards? I personally don't thunk Amosov is the best in the world but the claim is certainly reasonable. Mighty Mouse the last few years over Figgy/Moreno? If Usman Nurmagomedov wins the Bellator GP it's going to be a reasonable claim in my opinion yes the best LW in the world. List goes on really, if Kerefov beats Askarov convincingly in ACA he has an argument too.

Dunno. I get this is high profile, I think it's more about the sport being valuable and promotions are showing interest in others talent with deeper pockets to actually negotiate again. Fighters will have leverage, we will see more of this.
It's a bit different because Ngannou made his career in the UFC and cleaned the HW roster.

Keep telling yourself that. Jones had always been way lean most of his career even between camps. When we met him at the warriors retreat he looked more like a basketball player than a fighter.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...-quest-heavyweight-glory-ufc-285?platform=amp

230 sounds right to me and we know what he looks like at 245 because we just literally seen him there.

The only promo going on in here is the one you’re creating in your perpetually triggered fragile little head.

Even fat Jon wasn’t no 245lb

30FE76B1-6C41-4694-8F63-02081F2C8FE8.jpeg

245lb’s was never a thing for him until he became a HW he was 230 between camps and maybe had one time during his suspension he got bigger than that. The guy was a rail.

64B4CC96-7C1C-46A9-B4B2-6DF24FE8455F.jpeg 94490BC6-57E0-4E94-92DA-335EC4C823CD.jpeg

Regardless your silly cries and obtuse views are meaningless everyone in every division walks much heavier than they fight, few don’t. It’s the fighters job to be optimal physically and in top shape on fight night not between camps (some HW’s well exceed 265lb) and not a fat flabby heavyweight. Nobody wants to see 145lb / 155lb’ers carry their walk around body fat competing @170/185lb etc quit the cry baby shit.

Come up for some air from moms basement or build like a very long snorkel, also lower your blood pressure Jon is taking years off you life clearly.

Whining over Jones height (wah wah he’s an height bully) and weight (despite it not being that much especially compared to others @205) is the war cry of the mental midget fans.

Last edited:
Jones only came out of the woodwork when it was clear Ngannou was leaving, he had the chance to fight him previously and he priced himself out of it mysteriously sitting on the shelf for 3 years "getting ready".

Yeah Jones could have fought Francis without Francis consent. That makes sense!

Fancis turned down the highest pay EVER to fight Jones

But jones was s-s-scared of the guy that LEFT the organization instead of getting the highest pay ever to fight him.

and proceeds to choke out his last opponent in minutes

upload_2023-5-18_12-37-1.png

Try, try and make it make sense.

I don't think so. Wand and Chuck actually reigned on top of LHW for years. Jon has one fight at. HW while Francis has an impressive record and was champ, he only defended once and already showed some flaws in losses.

jones didnt left he was a ufc fighter
nganou left for boxing he was scared losing to jones
did u even see jones vs gane?
and nganou vs gane?
basicaly u saw how wide their skillgap is
nganou ducked jones
By this logic Jones went to heavyweight to duck Ryan Spann. Cuz Ryan Spann killed the guy that Jones needed a gift from the judges to beat.

Anyways

mark-you-calendars-were-almost-at-the-10-year-anniversary-v0-zdiqg5k8mhs91.png

Funny he finally does it AFTER Ngannou leaves. lol!

By this logic Jones went to heavyweight to duck Ryan Spann. Cuz Ryan Spann killed the guy that Jones needed a gift from the judges to beat.

Anyways

mark-you-calendars-were-almost-at-the-10-year-anniversary-v0-zdiqg5k8mhs91.png

Funny he finally does it AFTER Ngannou leaves. lol!
funny jones stayed nganou left when he was about to fight
so whos in the ufc and who left?

Wand - "I want to fuck Chuck"
Ngannou - "I want to bone Jone"

The day you leave the promotion I wish you the best but you aren’t the lineal shit. You’re the lineal spot in line to fight the champ if you decide to return. That’s it

Thats a silly way to think.

Thats a silly way to think.
You think that’s silly imagine being a clown on a karate board who seriously thinks his perspective on mma is so above a stranger’s he would tell him his way of seeing things is silly while actually being grounded in reality

The day you leave the promotion I wish you the best but you aren’t the lineal shit. You’re the lineal spot in line to fight the champ if you decide to return. That’s it
Maybe if he left MMA id agree. But he didn't. He left the UFC. Just like how Gervonta Davis left TMT but he didn't leave boxing.

Maybe if he left MMA id agree. But he didn't. He left the UFC. Just like how Gervonta Davis left TMT but he didn't leave boxing.
If he can no longer continue fighting for the belt or chose not to he simply isn’t lineal shit. Also that’s coming from someone who wants to see him succeed outside the UFC

let me guess why would u pay 2 mil dollars in an unkown fighter
please educate me.
So…not an English major either?

The answer is you don’t pay an unknown fighter 2 million. You dangle 2 million to attract bigger names..What heavyweight makes 2 million in or outside the UFC? Jones and Ngannou, that’s it. Every other heavyweight will be salivating to fight Ngannou. The only thing stopping them will be the UFC’s restrictive contracts. Dana and co trying to stop fighters from leaving will just be highlighting their anticompetitive behaviour in the midst of an antitrust suit.

Side note, if the UFC wants to keep their heavyweights (and avoid losing the antitrust suit) they’ll need to pay them more, which means Francis will be improving fighter pay, no matter how this goes.

Back