Is the Sopranos the best series to ever air on television?

Is the Sopranos the best series to ever air on television?

• Total voters
I love it. Its matched with Breaking Bad as the best. When I get done with 1 show, i watch the other, rinse, repeat.

Sopranos wasn't bad. It wasn't great either. Doesn't compare to my 2 all time favs Sons of Anarchy and Workaholics

I watched the series for the first time in December. I liked it a lot, but it is a bit dated by now, kind of like The Wire. Both great shows overall though.

This is another thread I need to start when I get a chance (like the one is supposed to start with Dexter), which of Tony's girlfriends were the hottest? Svetlana, Gloria, or Valentina? I liked Gloria the best TBH, even if she was a little crazy. Lol

You can't ever say one show is the best cause it's all based on personal taste. Some people might say Simpsons or South park is the best, others may say Seinfeld, while some might love friends or the office. People in India will have a show that a billion people think is the best, we all lose. Could be game if thrones, could be the wire, or Dallas, lol. Saying one show is the best ever is like saying one musical artist or one film is the best ever. Good luck.

the wire is one of those 'it gets good after a few seasons'

Im not gonna argue against someones opinion that it is. Its a great show, and definitely in the running but the last couple seasons were pretty bad. Hard to say which show I could actually sit down and say "This was the best". It's so subjective.

One can't say "the best ever" when it comes to things that have to do personal taste.

I thought Sopranos was an excellent series, one of those shows where you can't wait for the next episode to air. At times, the plot seemed directionless, and there were many plots that they began and just dropped abruptly. Either way, it was a masterpiece!

I'd say in terms of critical acclaim and viewer rating, The Wire would be up there. My personal GOAT is Game of Thrones.

The Sopranos launched the genre of anti-heroes getting their own TV shows on cable. I could see, however, how it hasn't aged well

Yes. Season 3-6 has the best writing and characters.

Boardwalk Empire 1-3 is in the same ballpark.

No. It’s not even close to ‘The Wire’ imo

Back