Is the UFC going to buy Bellator??

UFC needs Bellator. Bellator is fucking awful. You want your competition to be this bad. If they buy Bellator, somebody else will fill their spot as the second promotion, and it may be somebody actually efficient. Which could be a problem long term for the UFC.

Bellator has divisions filled with a ridiculous amount of boring wrestlers that UFC has passed over and UFC fighters that UFC doesn't care to have anymore. Coker even trashed that dude that beat MVP for winning using wrestling.

The pacing is horrible. They have 2 events in 2 days and then nothing for 2 months

There is nothing in Bellator that UFC cares to have. Strikeforce had Nick Diaz, Ronda and the HW GP. Bellator has nothing. Good fighters? Sure, but those are everywhere and UFC is not about having "ALL" the best anymore if we are honest.

It's harder to find their events online and keep up with them, I know this is just a problem for "pirates" like me, but I don't know. The prelims are live on youtube and then they are nowhere to be found online.

They are for sale because they don't even generate profit, and if they do it's barely enough to be alive. They don't get bigger as time passes while UFC do. They are barely surviving

They are not an actual competition. You can't stop watching UFC and switch to Bellator because they barely have one event a month and sometimes not even that. None of my friends watch it, they call it the "B Leagues". None of them follow or care what happens there. UFC wants to have "competition" like that around.

I have to admit, Bellator feels like it's at the exact same size/level as it was when Coker bought it.

It doesn't seem to have progressed at all.

I thought they might be holding 40 cards a year by this point, but nope.

We've had 7 events in 2023.

The only way anyone is going to catch the UFC is by putting on a similar number of events, because otherwise you're just putting on shows intermittently while your rival floods the market and dictates the schedules of fans.

They said Chandler was a former Bellator champion against Hooker.

UFC isn't buying Bellator.
Your evidence disproves your premise. If the UFC had no interest in bellator they would never even mention it.

Anyway. Highly doubt UFC buys em.

Hopefully. They can pluck the handful of good fighters they have and Coker van go back to being Dana's coffee bitch boy

I highly doubt its worth 100 million.

Wow. They did say bellator in the introduction for that fight.

I said can't be more than.

"Current Financial Situation
Currently Bellator is valued at $100 million after its acquisition by Viacom."

Looks like I was too far off sir, I forgive you.

UFC buying Bellator and breaking all the haters hearts of a goofy PFL/Bellator merger would be icing on the cake for 2023! No more "The UFC Monopoly is going to end!" posts either!

UFC buying Bellator and breaking all the haters hearts of a goofy PFL/Bellator merger would be icing on the cake for 2023! No more "The UFC Monopoly is going to end!" posts either!
It cracks me up when fans have so much hate for Dana they put all their faith on someone like Coker to grow Bellator where it can overtake the UFC. He has no direction he wants to take its fighter and Bellator, he failed the same he failed Strikeforce, by overpaying fighters without a profit. If Bellator folds the haters will want Coker to be president of the PFL next.

You’re celebrating something that ain’t happening.

Coker is a low-energy knucklehead. You can put him in charge of any company and one thing is for sure….it will die a slow agonizing death.

Bader Vs Jones book it Dana lol.

This will be exciting like the WEC/UFC merger and will prove how elite other organizations are.

Welcome back Coker. You did it again son.

Lol. Dana always laughs last
The last thing the UFC wants to do is give more credence to the ongoing class action lawsuit which is alleging the company of being a monopoly.

If it makes financial sense, it would be great to witness PFL acquire Bellator. Merging these promotions would undeniably position them as the second largest organization after the UFC, providing fighters with a compelling alternative to consider. It's about time for a company to challenge the UFC's monopoly, hopefully they can avoid bankruptcy in the process.

My concern is that the PFL might resort to overpaying fighters in an attempt to make a statement. It is essential for them to exercise caution and maintain a balanced financial approach, avoiding excessive expenditures that could potentially undermine their long-term sustainability.

I have to admit, Bellator feels like it's at the exact same size/level as it was when Coker bought it.

It doesn't seem to have progressed at all.

I thought they might be holding 40 cards a year by this point, but nope.

We've had 7 events in 2023.

The only way anyone is going to catch the UFC is by putting on a similar number of events, because otherwise you're just putting on shows intermittently while your rival floods the market and dictates the schedules of fans.

Coker never bought Bellator.

Reactions: lsa
If it makes financial sense, it would be great to witness PFL acquire Bellator. Merging these promotions would undeniably position them as the second largest organization after the UFC, providing fighters with a compelling alternative to consider. It's about time for a company to challenge the UFC's monopoly, hopefully they can avoid bankruptcy in the process.

My concern is that the PFL might resort to overpaying fighters in an attempt to make a statement. It is essential for them to exercise caution and maintain a balanced financial approach, avoiding excessive expenditures that could potentially undermine their long-term sustainability.

Bellator is already undeniably the 2nd best promotion in terms of top talent and roster depth.

Back