Is The Witcher 3 the greatest videogame ever created?

One of the best.

Been a while since i gave a shit about characters in a game, and Witcher makes you care. I can't bring myself to play it again for that reason, as i might get the bad ending and would need counseling.

I wasn't a huge fan. The first Witcher is still my favourite of the series

Trying to get into it. But so far I can't stand the main character, and it feels like it's written by a high school kid. "Check out these boobies....oh maybe the cool character fucked a stuffed unicorn." That plus the main characters voice acting are killing this game for me.

butthurt I never played this. its on most prop's top 5 GOAT RPGs of all time

might not be too late to give it a go.. .maybe i'll emulate it on my PC. or maybe they'll release it on the switch as a classic game. but I should definitely try it sometime.

Trying to get into it. But so far I can't stand the main character, and it feels like it's written by a high school kid. "Check out these boobies....oh maybe the cool character fucked a stuffed unicorn." That plus the main characters voice acting are killing this game for me.

It gets a better imo further out, but Gerald is always that "cool" guy.

I got bored with it fairly fast getting locked out of shit due to you're lvl was stupid

it could have been

they really messed up the balancing imo. I didnt even do all side quests and was completely overleveled from about half way through

I'd say its top 10 for sure

Geralt is definitely cold and somewhat unrelatable, but I think you're projecting things that aren't there.

If anything, Geralt is too mature and serious. And the story / dialogue is the best that's ever been implemented in a video game--so much so that it's overwhelming at times.

I got bored with it fairly fast getting locked out of shit due to you're lvl was stupid
It doesn't lock you out for higher level missions you just risk getting your shit kicked in.

I'm loving this game especially on PC with all the mod options. I have it looking amazing on my 4K TV.

The combat is a bit repetitive but I'm not mad at the easier difficulty there is so much to do in this game I would have given up if I was constantly being killed like in Dark Souls. I'm basically using this game as a light warm up for Dark Souls III because I can't even make it past the first boss LOL...

It doesn't lock you out for higher level missions you just risk getting your shit kicked in.

I'm loving this game especially on PC with all the mod options. I have it looking amazing on my 4K TV.

The combat is a bit repetitive but I'm not mad at the easier difficulty there is so much to do in this game I would have given up if I was constantly being killed like in Dark Souls. I'm basically using this game as a light warm up for Dark Souls III because I can't even make it past the first boss LOL...
It locks you out of quest if your lvl is too high so you'll miss shit

It locks you out of quest if your lvl is too high so you'll miss shit
It greys them out, but you can still go back and do them. In fact I was just doing some missed ones lastnight.

Seriously? It's by no means my favorite game of all time but I can't help but admire it. Graphics, music, voice acting, storytelling, weapons/armor/potion crafting depth. It's the total package. I find the controls and combat to be a little wonky but other than that its phenomenal in every way. What say you?

I thought it was terrible. The combat mechanics were bad and the game was dull. I made it just past the bloody baron before I quit.

Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls/BB are much better games

Best game ever made is original Contra on NES

One of the best. It can't be the GOAT due to the combat. But I would say the world building and open world are the greatest. The character interactions and development are up there but not quite #1.

An underrated aspect is how good the sidequests are generally. Most action rpgs have repetitive fetch quests and dungeon quests. Witcher 3 had a few of those. But I was shocked that most of the quests were unique and had actual backstory to. Hell, half the sidequests in the game added to the overall story and experience. This is coming from someone who usually only does a few sidequests per game.

The inventory was good but nothing compared to Dark Souls series. The combat was it's weak point. But I still liked Witcher 3 combat much better than Skyrim. I enjoyed Skyrim a lot, but Witcher 3 was better at literally everything.

I thought it was terrible. The combat mechanics were bad and the game was dull. I made it just past the bloody baron before I quit.

Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls/BB are much better games

Best game ever made is original Contra on NES
Bloody is so early in the game it is no wonder you quit. That would be like quitting Dark Souls after beating the Taurus Demon and deciding the game was dull. Combat mechanics could have been better. Drgons Dogma is also not even close to being a better game. The only aspect of that game that was better was the combat system. Not gonna lie, Dragons Dogma had a pretty damn fun combat system and there is a pretty big gap in that department. Obviously Souls has the best though.

Bloody is so early in the game it is no wonder you quit. That would be like quitting Dark Souls after beating the Taurus Demon and deciding the game was dull. Combat mechanics could have been better. Drgons Dogma is also not even close to being a better game. The only aspect of that game that was better was the combat system. Not gonna lie, Dragons Dogma had a pretty damn fun combat system and there is a pretty big gap in that department. Obviously Souls has the best though.

I couldn’t make it that far in The Witcher because the combat system and mechanics made it unplayable. Dogma was amazing from the start and the time spent at Bitterblack Isle was as good as any Souls game. The Witcher 3 in general seemed bad to me with the way questing was carried out and how the story was presented .

Hell no. I've had more fun afk in Orgrimmar

Look its a good game, but don't pretend its not been done many times. I played it for several hours and other than its own personal story line(which was fantastic)it felt like I was playing a new Oblivion with better graphics.

Story and graphics I prefer Witcher 3 way above blood borne. But gameplay is better in blood borne.

Witcher 3 is one of the greatest RPG ever. But greatest game ever.. urr no I don’t believe so but again it’s all opinions. Technically no right or wrong answer in the grand scheme of things and I did enjoy playing it.

I am just answering the question of the thread. Greatest game ever. Hell no.
Oh, it certainly doesn't get my vote for GOAT, but I didn't understand why suddenly everyone was shitting on the combat. It's really the first time I found it enjoyable. W1 was barely tolerable. I had to force myself through it.
I am curious to what everyone thinks is an example of good combat for a real time combat based rpg?
Everyone is going to say Bloodborne & Dark Souls. Those are considered the gold standard for this subgenre.

Back